Jump to content
DevinLynx

Homoromantic guys chat

Recommended Posts

Brownace

Hi all!

I joined the forum less than an hour ago - finally. Last year, I had an experience that made me realize my orientation. I was dating a guy and I was feeling confused about why I did not want to have sex with him even though I felt a lot of physical/sensual attraction to him. I stumbled upon the definition of demisexuality (here in the AVEN forum, actually), and at the beginning it seemed like an accurate description of myself. But as time goes on, I realize I might just be homoromantic, and, to be honest, it makes me kind of anxious. The reason why it kind of makes me anxious is how sex is so focused on in the gay community... I think some of you know what I mean.

 

Anyway, I am happy this space exists! :) I hope everyone is doing great!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jelle van der Lee
2 hours ago, Ruvan said:

Hi all!

I joined the forum less than an hour ago - finally. Last year, I had an experience that made me realize my orientation. I was dating a guy and I was feeling confused about why I did not want to have sex with him even though I felt a lot of physical/sensual attraction to him. I stumbled upon the definition of demisexuality (here in the AVEN forum, actually), and at the beginning it seemed like an accurate description of myself. But as time goes on, I realize I might just be homoromantic, and, to be honest, it makes me kind of anxious. The reason why it kind of makes me anxious is how sex is so focused on in the gay community... I think some of you know what I mean.

 

Anyway, I am happy this space exists! :) I hope everyone is doing great!

*sends hugs*

 

I understand it all too well as I've been there, too. luckily not all of us are like this. I hope you have enough luck in this matter :3

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silk Bones

@Ruvan Welcome! Hopefully you're doing exceptionally well too!~ I can empathize in a way. I've learned from my experiences that even the places considered as home to most people, isn't always the most comfortable to settle in for others. However, it's great to see you've found your space here. Hopefully you'll make a gigantic fortress out of this thread, if you know what I mean by that. :lol: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brownace
On 2017-10-17 at 1:14 AM, [noize:injekktion] said:

*sends hugs*

 

I understand it all too well as I've been there, too. luckily not all of us are like this. I hope you have enough luck in this matter :3

*sends hugs back in response* :)

Thanks for the wishes, but I didn't get what matter? If you could clarify... Sorry, hehe.

 

On 2017-10-17 at 7:23 PM, Peinture Paix said:

@Ruvan Welcome! Hopefully you're doing exceptionally well too!~ I can empathize in a way. I've learned from my experiences that even the places considered as home to most people, isn't always the most comfortable to settle in for others. However, it's great to see you've found your space here. Hopefully you'll make a gigantic fortress out of this thread, if you know what I mean by that. :lol: 

I don't know what you mean by making a gigantic fortress out of the thread. What do you mean? Second time I ask someone for clarification; what a newbie I am haha >.<

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silk Bones
3 hours ago, Brownace said:

I don't know what you mean by making a gigantic fortress out of the thread. What do you mean? Second time I ask someone for clarification; what a newbie I am haha >.<

Aw it's okay, don't feel bad for asking for clarification! I meant it like make what space you have around you, your own. In other words, build your own space where you would feel most comfortable in. ^_^ 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jelle van der Lee
On 19/10/2017 at 7:52 AM, Brownace said:

*sends hugs back in response* :)

Thanks for the wishes, but I didn't get what matter? If you could clarify... Sorry, hehe.

I meant in the matter of love :3 like, I kind of know some gay men who are more into sex than into actual relationships, so I get it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jelle van der Lee

http://www.lifedeathprizes.com/videos/amazing-people/eck-barbie-bradford?pid=33553

 

have I ever mentioned it that I don't understand women? :huh: XD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jelle van der Lee
43 minutes ago, Jayce said:

:o 

 

*Sits infront of my hero*

 

how can you not understand your very own fangirl? :wub::blush:

 

 

*Takes you out of thread for a cake and tea date* 

 

 

:blush::D aww it's just too cute. :3 :wub:

 

but you know what I meant, :lol: at least not all women are like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
7 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

:blush::D aww it's just too cute. :3 :wub:

 

but you know what I meant, :lol: at least not all women are like this.

:lol: ikr? But the girl inside me had to respond :P  And yes! This lady is an exeption ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silk Bones
5 hours ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

http://www.lifedeathprizes.com/videos/amazing-people/eck-barbie-bradford?pid=33553

 

have I ever mentioned it that I don't understand women? :huh: XD 

Oh I remember her! I like how bold she is to be herself. ^_^ What is it about women that you don't understand? I'm curious about this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jelle van der Lee
51 minutes ago, Peinture Paix said:

Oh I remember her! I like how bold she is to be herself. ^_^ What is it about women that you don't understand? I'm curious about this.

this is indeed impressive, but how much effort does she put in her appearance, it's much more than me :o XD 4 hours to get ready?? if she was in my situation, she'd have to get up at midnight to make sure she's not late for work when the workday starts at 6am :lol: but it's the most impressive that she actually feels like doing it every day :D my make up takes less than 5 minutes and I can actually manage to get ready in 20 minutes :o

I just meant in general, women are typically so different from men :o sure I do have some female friends here, but they appear to have more androgynous personality traits so I actually understand them better.

 

there's that example with my sister, she tried to fit herself in a dress and then asked me if she gained weight in my opinion, and I said yes. I don't get it until today why she got offended and stopped talking to me for a week :blink: XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silk Bones
2 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

this is indeed impressive, but how much effort does she put in her appearance, it's much more than me :o XD 4 hours to get ready?? if she was in my situation, she'd have to get up at midnight to make sure she's not late for work when the workday starts at 6am :lol: but it's the most impressive that she actually feels like doing it every day :D my make up takes less than 5 minutes and I can actually manage to get ready in 20 minutes :o

I just meant in general, women are typically so different from men :o sure I do have some female friends here, but they appear to have more androgynous personality traits so I actually understand them better.

 

  Hide contents

there's that example with my sister, she tried to fit herself in a dress and then asked me if she gained weight in my opinion, and I said yes. I don't get it until today why she got offended and stopped talking to me for a week;:blink: XD

 

Ooh, I understand your point of view now. Well everyone who does wear makeup is different in how much time they take into it. ^.^ Four hours is quite a lot, but she seems dedicated and enjoys doing it. I know a couple guys who take a little over 6 hours just to do all of their face. (foundation, concealer, lipstick, mascara, etc. etc.) Maybe those who take a while to put their make up on could do it all in one hour, or less than that, but maybe they just want to take their time. :lol: Precision in makeup like that seems almost crucial, but perhaps I'm wrong. 

 

Though I will say that the part about your sister seems a bit confusing. Sometimes some people ask to get an answer they want to hear, rather than something they don't. :blink: I don't know why though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NerdGuy32
On 10/17/2017 at 12:16 AM, Brownace said:

 

Welcome! I can identify with your story. Hope you're doing well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NerdGuy32

Anybody got any fun plans for the weekend?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jelle van der Lee

me :3 i hope my order arrives soon, it's been 3 weeks already!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NerdGuy32

What was the order? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jelle van der Lee

just three band t-shirts :D it takes terribly long, though! 

how about you, btw? :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Una Salus Victus

oooh i should buy some band shirts sometime, but meh. at the same time though, i could go with some

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jelle van der Lee

:D it seems I was lucky to find a store that sells my favourite bands merch, every other store has metal or rock bands only xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Una Salus Victus

I'd have to look on ebay. Other than that, I did find at a random shirt place, a shirt of Gary Holt playing guitar and wearing a shirt that says "Kill the Kardashians." It'd have to be a favourite :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NerdGuy32
On 11/16/2017 at 10:12 PM, [noize:injekktion] said:

just three band t-shirts :D it takes terribly long, though! 

how about you, btw? :3

Oh nice! Did they arrive? And sorry for the delayed response. Things got a little crazy with the holiday. I'm doing quite well, just enjoying a nice evening at home. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Markyw

Hi

 

I’m so relieved to find this forum. I’m a gay married guy who views myself as homoromantic. Anyone else out there like me? 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jelle van der Lee

hi! *waves* :3

I'm not married yet, but I'm engaged, so it's still quite similar :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jelle van der Lee
On 29/11/2017 at 3:09 AM, NerdGuy32 said:

Oh nice! Did they arrive? And sorry for the delayed response. Things got a little crazy with the holiday. I'm doing quite well, just enjoying a nice evening at home. 

omg long time has passed :D yeah they arrived, and they are great <3 :D but I want more! :3 how was the holiday? :3 Also, what's better than nice evenings at home :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Markyw
13 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

hi! *waves* :3

I'm not married yet, but I'm engaged, so it's still quite similar :D

Hi! Thanks for replying. When do you get married?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jelle van der Lee
35 minutes ago, Markyw said:

Hi! Thanks for replying. When do you get married?

once the law allows :P in my country, only hetero marriages are allowed. lucky you, I wish you all the best with your marriage :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Markyw

I’m sorry I didn’t realise. Where are you? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NerdGuy32
On 1/14/2018 at 4:37 AM, [noize:injekktion] said:

omg long time has passed :D yeah they arrived, and they are great <3 :D but I want more! :3 how was the holiday? :3 Also, what's better than nice evenings at home :D

No worries lol. Clearly I haven't been around much either. Holidays were great. Still trying to get settled back in to not being on vacation. Wasn't helped this week when we had three days off of work between MLK Day and weather. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EquusMaxima

I'm not homoromantic and I'm not a guy, but I suppose I could still drop in (Maybe for a contrasting opinion?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...