Homoromantic guys chat

J. van Deijck

Both posts above me: hello ^_^

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. UK person here as well. I'm generally more picky in homoromanticism rather than hetero, but guys can definitely be cute and pretty :) 

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

To be honest, I don't really like being called "pretty" or "cute". I guess it's just a personal preference and nothing directed to a specific person.

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
15 minutes ago, ItsPaulo said:

Hey! How're things going over here?

Pretty quiet, I must say :P

• Like 1
1 hour ago, godverdomme said:

Pretty quiet, I must say :P

Ahhh let's change that! Wondering how people here feel about relationships?

Are you done with them, open to them, actively hopeful? 

I'm a bit of a romantic myself but I find it hard to be hopeful to find a relationship with someone that wouldn't mind the lack of sexual intimacy, especially since the gay community is hypersexual.

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

Yeah, we are truly unique on that matter ^_^

I'm married. He's bisexual, but most likely aromantic. We're like best friends. I must say I'm generally happy, even though he's not ace.

I could say the same about my ex, he's gay, but most likely demisexual, and he has never put any pressure on me. That was perfect.

Now let's see what others say :D

• Like 2

That's so heartwarming to hear! I've been feeling pretty hopeless about dating anymore allos, but to hear a something like that, despite everyone having different preferences and likes, it gives me hope!

• Like 2

I've given up. I'm unlovable and can't relate to another person on that level. I will never be in a relationship.

• Like 4
On 11/16/2022 at 12:02 PM, ItsPaulo said:

Wondering how people here feel about relationships?

I am passively hopeful for a relationship.  It could be anybody of any age of any gender.  But I quit seeking a relationship long ago.

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

I don't think anyone here is unlovable, honestly. ^_^

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Tja said:

I've given up. I'm unlovable and can't relate to another person on that level. I will never be in a relationship.

This is so me in so many ways. I'm on that age where I start to believe I won't ever find a QPR after being single for so many years.

I guess I just got used to being alone. 

I don't belong in this thread but I can relate :ph34r:

• Like 3
Janus the Fox

Loveable… actual love… to me it don’t matter, what I’d got in an Aro ace gay partner that i may get weekly or monthly contact with, talking, sex or romance, is plenty for me, for the last 5 and a half years.  After being single for well… 30 years, its a bonus indifferent experience for me.

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
4 hours ago, Broken Doll said:

I don't belong in this thread but I can relate :ph34r:

I think everyone does, as long as they're male-leaning and attracted to men or masculine people in any way, not necessarily romantic :ph34r: but maybe I'm just inclusive :o

• Like 3
Into_the_Gray
On 11/16/2022 at 7:02 PM, ItsPaulo said:

I'm open to them, and often feel a longing to be in a relationship again, but I also feel like being very grey about all things sexual and romantic, has put up an awful lot of barriers. I had several relationships when I was young, but I feel quite out of practice now. 

• Like 4
NorthernForestCats
On 11/16/2022 at 1:02 PM, ItsPaulo said:

I'm a bit of a romantic myself but I find it hard to be hopeful to find a relationship with someone that wouldn't mind the lack of sexual intimacy, especially since the gay community is hypersexual.

I want to be in one but I am sex repulsed so I don't think a relationship will happen in the near future. 

• Like 4
On 11/26/2022 at 6:23 PM, Demicratic said:

I also feel like being very grey about all things sexual and romantic, has put up an awful lot of barriers.

I think I understand this! If a situation like a relationship or QPR should arise and you engage in it, I hope they keep a safe place for you to explore those aspects of yourself without any pressure. Not to say that you can't explore those things without another, I think you definitely can, though it may make it easier!

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
simpleminded90

Happy New Year to everyone. 

Not sure if this is the ideal place to ask this but does anyone have any thoughts on the relatively new "side" orientation and whether it has any relation to asexuality ? I ask this only because it's something I have been wondering about. There are men  who identify as gay side who have no interest in penetrative sex and only engage in "light" sex recreationally and it feels to me that an asexual homo-oriented man who does not recognise himself as such could easily confuse arousal for sexual attraction (many people do) and identify as side. 

I can't think of any place other than here where I might get such views - if there are any - and  please be honest if this a silly question I won't be offended .

• Like 4
J. van Deijck
2 hours ago, simpleminded90 said:

Same to you ^_^

To me, it's a personal matter how people identify as everyone is free to do so on their own way. I'm not offended if someone says I'm gay because I have a strong preference for men anyway, and whether I want to have sex with them or not is not really relevant, most people don't understand it anyway :P arousal is just biology anyway. It happens to people and it's a sign their bodies work properly.

• Like 3

Just saw this. Figured I'd say hello.

I think I'm demiromantic for both genders.

But I'm (grey) heterosexual. Kinda weird. Don't know if this was what you're looking for. I don't think I'll end up dating a guy though, because people expect certain things in a relationship, and people assume stuff.

But if society were different, I'd date any of my friends, and I'd be happy with any of them as a life partner, regardless of gender.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

Is it appropriate to say here that the conductor who has checked my train ticket was really handsome and had a nice smile? I hope I wasn't blushing when he did :lol:

• Like 3
On 1/16/2023 at 7:57 AM, Baasje said:

Is it appropriate to say here that the conductor who has checked my train ticket was really handsome and had a nice smile?

Yes

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
2 hours ago, Tja said:

Yes

Yay. I feel validated now :P

I'll most likely never see him again... unless I take the same train, and I'm quite tempted to do so, even though I have no business in that city anymore :lol:

He had a different accent than me, so it makes things more interesting, too :P

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

Seriously, though :lol: I took the train in the same direction yesterday, but there was someone else to check the tickets. Such a disappointment :(

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

That's for sure. Time to go to Hasselt again :P

On a side note, last time we ordered takeaway food, I was tracking the order and when the driver was close, I opened the door and omg, that dude was really handsome and friendly 😍 he must have been younger than me, though :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 9:35 AM, simpleminded90 said:

Not sure if this is the ideal place to ask this but does anyone have any thoughts on the relatively new "side" orientation and whether it has any relation to asexuality ? I ask this only because it's something I have been wondering about. There are men  who identify as gay side who have no interest in penetrative sex and only engage in "light" sex recreationally and it feels to me that an asexual homo-oriented man who does not recognise himself as such could easily confuse arousal for sexual attraction (many people do) and identify as side. 

I can't think of any place other than here where I might get such views - if there are any - and  please be honest if this a silly question I won't be offended .

Possible. If they are more comfortable around men, and are interested in a romantic relationship with men, then confusing libido for sexual attraction is possible, likely even.

One consequence that comes to mind, especially from reading askgaybros on reddit, is that side sex doesn't (seem to) have nearly as much dominance/submission connotations as penetrative sex does. Both parties seem more equal.

• Like 2