Homoromantic guys chat

Like a Hurricane

I'm currently reading The end of Eddy by Edouard Louis. Has anyone else read it?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Like a Hurricane said:

I'm currently reading The end of Eddy by Edouard Louis. Has anyone else read it?

Nope, but I looked it up and it looks a like a good read. I was reading The Starless Sea until I got distracted by a little game called Pokémon. 😅

• Like 1
Like a Hurricane

Yesterday I also watched Edouard Louis interview. It was one of the best things that have happened now during the Christmas time. 😍

• Like 1
Like a Hurricane

Today playing some music from the 90s and remembering the time when I was young.

• Like 1

Am I allowed to join this group even if I'm non binary ?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Paxton said:

Sure. Welcome!

10 hours ago, Like a Hurricane said:

Today playing some music from the 90s and remembering the time when I was young.

What songs were you listening to?

• Like 1
Like a Hurricane
9 hours ago, tjp3 said:

What songs were you listening to?

Some Finnish pop and rock tunes and, of course when it comes to the 90s, finally Everything I do I do it for you. In fact I played by myself, it's fun and sounds bad 😄.

• Like 1

Hi, yes, I'm not sure yet where I fall on the romantic spectrum. For a long time, I thought I was hetero-romantic but I've been reconsidering that over the past few months. I think that I could be happy with an ace boyfriend.

The only thing I know for sure is that I do, in fact, have an aesthetic attraction to men - way more so than the ladies.

• Like 4
On 12/27/2019 at 10:00 AM, Paxton said:

Welcome! I’m new here too. Don’t know the rules of who can and cannot join, but I don’t see any problems with it.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Like a Hurricane said:

Some Finnish pop and rock tunes and, of course when it comes to the 90s, finally Everything I do I do it for you. In fact I played by myself, it's fun and sounds bad 😄.

Everything I do is a 90’s Classic. Been listening to a lot of pop songs lately. Particularly Ariana Grande. 😅

What are the rest of you listening to at the moment?

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Armaius said:

Hi, yes, I'm not sure yet where I fall on the romantic spectrum. For a long time, I thought I was hetero-romantic but I've been reconsidering that over the past few months. I think that I could be happy with an ace boyfriend.

The only thing I know for sure is that I do, in fact, have an aesthetic attraction to men - way more so than the ladies.

Huh, that's interesting.  So you are more inclined towards women romantically but you think men are (much?) better looking?  

10 minutes ago, tjp3 said:

Everything I do is a 90’s Classic. Been listening to a lot of pop songs lately. Particularly Ariana Grande. 😅

Pop is okay but I find it hard to relate to since most of it is so sexual.  I feel kind of silly singing along to most pop songs. 

I like 2000s rock.  The more mainstream stuff.  I also like electronic stuff like chillstep and synthwave without lyrics. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, blue_merlin said:

Huh, that's interesting.  So you are more inclined towards women romantically but you think men are (much?) better looking?  

I didn't explain myself clearly, sorry! Let me elaborate. I grew up assuming for a very long time I was straight and, when I realized I was Ace, I figured I was heteroromatic. But the older I get, the more I think the heteromantic thing was a holdover from an earlier time when I just assumed I was straight because that was considered 'normal' in my part of the world. That's started to wear off, however.

I've always been more attracted to men aesthetically, though for a long time I brushed it off because I didnt have any desire to - you know - actually have sex with a dude. However, I've learned a lot about myself and I've gotten a lot comfier in own skin. I'm not sure where I fall on the romantic spectrum yet, but it's definitely not clear cut heteromantic as I once thought. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Armaius said:

I didn't explain myself clearly, sorry! Let me elaborate. I grew up assuming for a very long time I was straight and, when I realized I was Ace, I figured I was heteroromatic. But the older I get, the more I think the heteromantic thing was a holdover from an earlier time when I just assumed I was straight because that was considered 'normal' in my part of the world. That's started to wear off, however.

I've always been more attracted to men aesthetically, though for a long time I brushed it off because I didnt have any desire to - you know - actually have sex with a dude. However, I've learned a lot about myself and I've gotten a lot comfier in own skin. I'm not sure where I fall on the romantic spectrum yet, but it's definitely not clear cut heteromantic as I once thought. 

No need to apologize. 😊

For me it was very apparent and 'set in stone' from a very early age that I was attracted to men, so I find it interesting that it isn't necessarily the case for a lot of people. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, blue_merlin said:

Pop is okay but I find it hard to relate to since most of it is so sexual.  I feel kind of silly singing along to most pop songs. 

I like 2000s rock.  The more mainstream stuff.  I also like electronic stuff like chillstep and synthwave without lyrics. 

That’s my biggest problem with pop music and a lot of the music I listen to. They get sexual and I feel like I’m sending very wrong messages to people. I just like to dance and move sometimes.

I also like 00s rock. I like a variety of music and it really depends on my mood. Went to see The Black Keys with Modest Mouse opening last month and they were amazing.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Armaius said:

That sounds like me to be honest! I felt that I couldn't be gay because of how sexual the community is and that I didn't want sex with men. Only my alternative wasn't 'straight', but instead 'nothing' 😂

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

That sounds like me to be honest! I felt that I couldn't be gay because of how sexual the community is and that I didn't want sex with men. Only my alternative wasn't 'straight', but instead 'nothing' 😂

Yeah, haha. Growing up, I didnt even realize 'nothing' was an option. So I just figured if I didnt consider myself to be gay, that meant I had to be straight. 

• Like 3
Like a Hurricane
19 hours ago, tjp3 said:

Marshall Tucker Band, Neil Young, Badfinger, Greta Van Fleet and... NKOTB 😄. For example.

• Like 2
On 12/28/2019 at 8:48 PM, tjp3 said:

I listen primarily to metal. My driving playlist is an awkward mix of metal, Kesha, and pro wrestling themes 🤣

On 12/29/2019 at 1:07 PM, Armaius said:

Yeah, haha. Growing up, I didnt even realize 'nothing' was an option. So I just figured if I didnt consider myself to be gay, that meant I had to be straight. 

Makes total sense. I'm very "straight-acting" I've been told, so all of my friends growing up were straight and so even though looking back I clearly had a preference for other guys, since it wasn't sexual, I just looked at is as me looking for friends and not a partner. It wasn't until I tried dating girls that I realized that wasn't what I was looking for. 

• Like 3
On 12/28/2019 at 7:48 PM, tjp3 said:

I listen to all sorts of stuff.

Swing, classical rock, folk rock, classical music, indie rock. 

Stuff like big bad voodoo daddy, elvis, mxmtoon, Jack johnson, eric church, and cavetoon 

• Like 2

Happy New Year to all of you as well!

• Like 3

Happy New Year guys I wish you all the warmest and longest cuddles with handsome guys in 2020

• Like 4