Homoromantic guys chat

@bog Welcome, even though I am not a gay man, but I know at least one gay ace man personally. Yeah and also happy pride from me, even when the pride festival/parade here is to commercial for me.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Bloc said:

@bog Welcome, even though I am not a gay man, but I know at least one gay ace man personally. Yeah and also happy pride from me, even when the pride festival/parade here is to commercial for me.

Yeah the parades can be pretty commercial but I do like getting to celebrate even if its just a quieter thing with friends. And thanks so much for the welcome! :) 

• Like 3

I constantly look for pride or lgbt events for teens or young adults but I try to be sneaky and disguse it as something else to my parents. 

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack

Wait...so Pride is an annual thing...? Is it global? I haven't heard about anything locally, so... 🤔

• Like 1

Ya. 

Houston had a massive pride parade a week ago.

• Like 2
Slice of Ace
7 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Wait...so Pride is an annual thing...? Is it global? I haven't heard about anything locally, so... 🤔

Hooow? 😅

A pride parade takes place in most major cities in countries with at least decent attitudes towards the LGBT+ community. The size of it depends on the city though. 

That's what I found for a quick search for Australia:

http://www.mardigras.org.au/news/save-the-dates-lgbtqi-festivals-across-australia-nz

• Like 3

Pride is pretty good to have as long as no one gets crazy drunk and starts doing stupid things. 

• Like 3

I started going to prides in the mid 80's. All anyone did was get crazy drunk and do stupid things.:P

• Like 4
GeekyGamerZack

@Slice of Ace Ick. There's no mention of my home city anywhere. The closest one is in Brisbane later this year, and since I don't drive (or have any friends that do), that makes it very awkward. 😕

• Like 1

I do have plans for a ace and aro only party for pride though for my surrounding cities. 

But as far I know I’m the only ace in this small town. 

• Like 2
Guest Member142243

Hi everyone, may I join? I just recently joined the site and was recommended to check out this chat!

I am asexual and homoromantic but haven't ever had the opportunity to discuss it with anyone, I have only recently learned this for myself after feeling the way I have for a long time and being very misunderstood - I've never known anybody else who is asexual and none of my friends have ever heard of asexuality -  so I joined this site so I could learn more within a community who may have similar experiences and enjoy feeling comfortable with who I am. :D

GeekyGamerZack

@Cali_Guy Welcome to the HGC! ☺

1308_vanilla%20Slice.jpg&width=300&heigh

Vanilla slice, yet another Aussie delicacy...mmm...

• Like 2

Don’t worry this place is calm most of the time but occasionally it can get active. I guess most people don’t take interest here. 

• Like 2
Slice of Ace

We've also had an influx of newcomers so most of the posts have just been welcoming you all 😅

• Like 3
GeekyGamerZack

@Spacecakes Friday? But that was yesterday! 😉

(Ah, Australians...always livin' in the future...)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

@Spacecakes Friday? But that was yesterday! 😉

(Ah, Australians...always livin' in the future...)

True. Just being like what 15 hours ahead of me? 

I remember passing thru timezones while I was in Europe. It was hella diffcult texting my friends because before I realized it, I texted him at 5 am in Houston but only 12PM in Berlin. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Cali_Guy said:

Hey guys. 😀

Sup

• Like 2