59 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Another: Linkminusshirtinbreathofthewild. 😁

I think I prefer topless Link in Twilight Princess 😜

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
9 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

I think I prefer topless Link in Twilight Princess 😜

Wait...he goes topless in Twilight Princess?! 😮

(I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, admittedly...heheh... 😅)

Anyway, I thought of another: Felix from Golden Sun (I mean, TECHNICALLY he's an adult, what with him being 18 and all...)

• Like 2
On 2/4/2019 at 2:30 PM, BrokenWings said:

Damn it, you've got me addicted to Supernatural again! 😂 How is that man so perfect?! 

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack

TotD: I'm not sex-repulsed, I simply find it icky and gross and I want no part of it. 😛

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack

Guess I'll try to get this thread active again...

Let's imagine your life was a romantic movie. Drama, comedy, documentary about people finding love through the art of LARPing...whatever it is, your life is a romance movie. Now for a few questions:

1. Who is your love interest? Is he played by a Hollywood A-lister, a television star who's making his début on the big screen or an up-and-coming new talent?

2. Where and when is the movie set? Somewhere traditional, like the streets of New York City in the coldest part of winter? Somewhere exotic, like a tropical resort in the Pacific Ocean? Somewhere abstract, like a kitchen after you and a complete stranger are shrunk by a mad genius neighbour's lab experiment gone awry?

3. What's the story, and how does it start? Has your guy spotted you in a crowd of 100+ people and fallen for you, or did you notice him first and are clumsily trying to win his affections? Are there two or more people fighting to be the one in a weird love triangle/square/octagon?

I'll think about these questions for a while and articulate my thoughts, but I'm curious to know your perspective on the topic. :)

I'm a champion tennis player. After winning my second Grand Slam, Graham Norton has invited me to do his show. While waiting backstage, Luke Evans walks in.

He'll be appearing with me, but, we've never met.

I'm sitting on a couch, talking with a producer. Luke notices me, and walks over.

He clears his throat...I turn towards him...my eyes are downcast...I start at his shoes, and, slowly, work my way up to his face...I say, "Is it you?"...at first, startled, he says, "That's one of my favorite movies." Cue dazzling smile.

Love at first sight, for both of us.

• Like 3
GeekyGamerZack
11 hours ago, BrokenWings said:

lol is this a fan fiction thread now? :P

Oops... 😕

• Like 1

Like everyone else, we make this thread what we want it to be.

Unlike everyone else, we make it fabulous! :P;)

• Like 4

Hung out with two of my buddies Saturday. Posted a group selfie so everyone could see me hanging out with two handsome guys. At the end i gave them both a hug. I was happy for the rest of the evening. A lot of awesome for one day. 

• Like 4

So I’m wondering, when you’re in a relationship (or if you imagine an ideal relationship) with a guy, do you have gender roles of sorts? Would one of you be nominally the guy and the other the girl? Would it vary? Does it depend on who your partner is? (Or does this sound nonsensical do you? 🙂)

I’ve never had a full on romantic relationship with a guy, but I have had really close friendships which in retrospect were more like QPRs if I’m honest. We didn’t get quite close enough for it to be romantic, despite some romantic feelings 🙂

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, TrippleL said:

So I’m wondering, when you’re in a relationship (or if you imagine an ideal relationship) with a guy, do you have gender roles of sorts? Would one of you be nominally the guy and the other the girl? Would it vary? Does it depend on who your partner is?

Hmm, I've never really thought about it to be honest. I'm just me, I guess? 

I mean, the whole point in being in a same-sex relationship is that you're both guys 😂

It is freeing not having to conform to gender roles though. You can be little spoon as well as big spoon, and both are amazing! 😆

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

It is freeing not having to conform to gender roles though. You can be little spoon as well as big spoon, and both are amazing😆

Both is amazing and I want to be both with my partners irrespective of their gender.

• Like 4
GeekyGamerZack
2 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Hmm, I've never really thought about it to be honest. I'm just me, I guess? 

I mean, the whole point in being in a same-sex relationship is that you're both guys 😂

My thoughts exactly! If both people in a relationship are Yoshis, then neither one of them need wear a bow and call himself Birdo, right? ☺️

(Okay, not the most accurate analogy, but you get the idea.)

• Like 3

Thanks guys, this was something that had confused me! 🙂

Two of my gay friends (who don’t know each other) have diametrically opposite views on this; one says he is the “girl” in the relationship whilst the other says “we’re both the guy, duh!” 🙂

• Like 2
8 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

My thoughts exactly! If both people in a relationship are Yoshis, then neither one of them need wear a bow and call himself Birdo, right? ☺️

(Okay, not the most accurate analogy, but you get the idea.)

PS Loved the Nintendo analogy 🙂

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, TrippleL said:

Thanks guys, this was something that had confused me! 🙂

Two of my gay friends (who don’t know each other) have diametrically opposite views on this; one says he is the “girl” in the relationship whilst the other says “we’re both the guy, duh!” 🙂

And there are probably the ones were both would say they are both the "girls" in the relationship ;). But what does a non-binary pan know about gay men?

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Bloc said:

And there are probably the ones were both would say they are both the "girls" in the relationship ;). But what does a non-binary pan know about gay men?

So being non-binary myself this is why I asked 🙂

I’d always seen myself as the guy in the relationship, but with my latest crush I saw myself as the girl for the first time... and I was just curious whether this was an orientation or gender thing (or both), especially as my friends have opposite views 🙂

• Like 3
4 hours ago, TrippleL said:

So being non-binary myself this is why I asked 🙂

I’d always seen myself as the guy in the relationship, but with my latest crush I saw myself as the girl for the first time... and I was just curious whether this was an orientation or gender thing (or both), especially as my friends have opposite views 🙂

I am definitely not "the guy" in the relationship, but I've the impression I am more "the girl" when the partner is more feminine and more towards "not the guy and not the girl" when the partner is more masculine.

• Like 3
GeekyGamerZack

Rather than whoever's "the guy" or "the girl" in my relationship, I'm more interested in the OTHER G-word, specifically which of us is "the gamer" if we both happen to play video games. (FYI, the relationship would likely be rough if my partner wasn't a gamer, and especially if they weren't into Nintendo. 😁)

I guess you could really insert any G-word archetype, such as which member is "the gym junkie", "the geek" or "the Gruul player". (Um...I guess my recent re-obsession with Ravnica is showing? It's too bad the guilds whose names start with G are both in my bottom three... 😏)

• Like 2
1 minute ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Rather than whoever's "the guy" or "the girl" in my relationship, I'm more interested in the OTHER G-word, specifically which of us is "the gamer" if we both happen to play video games. (FYI, the relationship would likely be rough if my partner wasn't a gamer, and especially if they weren't into Nintendo. 😁)

I guess you could really insert any G-word archetype, such as which member is "the gym junkie", "the geek" or "the Gruul player". (Um...I guess my recent re-obsession with Ravnica is showing? It's too bad the guilds whose names start with G are both in my bottom three... 😏)

First date:

1. “Are you a gamer?”

If Yes go to 2

If No talk about something else (note the relationship may not work out)

2. “Do you prefer Nintendo games?”

If Yes continue with date, then invite them back to your place (to play Nintendo games)

If No settle the bill and go home; the relationship will not work out

😜

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack
1 minute ago, TrippleL said:

If No settle the bill and go home; the relationship will not work out

But maybe I can convince him that there's more to gaming than Call of Duty and Candy Crush. 😌

• Like 2

Haha, you guys are much more stringent on your boyfriend requirements than I am! 😂 I wouldn't mind dating a non-gamer, as long as he'd be up for a casual game (e.g. Mario Kart) every now and then 

• Like 3
GeekyGamerZack
Just now, Slice of Ace said:

I wouldn't mind dating a non-gamer, as long as he'd be up for a casual game (e.g. Mario Kart) every now and then 

That's all I'd need gaming-wise for it to be a successful relationship. 😁

• Like 2