Homoromantic guys chat

Slice of Ace

Hmm, I'm thinking of giving dating another shot at some point. I'm wondering whether I should just look for gay guys or specifically homoromantic asexual guys. 

I'd have a much larger pool of options with gay guys, but my chance of a successful relationship should be higher with aces 🤔 Hmm, do you guys have any thoughts on the matter?

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
9 hours ago, NYK said:

Hmm, I'm thinking of giving dating another shot at some point. I'm wondering whether I should just look for gay guys or specifically homoromantic asexual guys. 

I'd have a much larger pool of options with gay guys, but my chance of a successful relationship should be higher with aces 🤔 Hmm, do you guys have any thoughts on the matter?

I guess it depends solely on a person.

like, my bf is gay, but I guess he may be somewhere in the grey spectrum because sex isn't much important to him, even though he likes to do it with me. some gay dudes rather look for sex only, some are more into stable relationships. either way, good luck :3

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack

Does anyone else have a Nintendo Switch console? I'm itching to expand my friend list and play some games online. 😊

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
52 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Does anyone else have a Nintendo Switch console? I'm itching to expand my friend list and play some games online. 😊

I don't :c butbut instead of this, I would gladly play some Call of Duty or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :3

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack

I don't have a console that can run them, unfortunately, nor do I have a working PC. :(

Slice of Ace
2 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

I have a Switch! 😊 But there's a massive time difference between us 😝

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

hey, each of us is in a different time zone :o except that me and @Antihero. are still in the same :D

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack
1 hour ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

hey, each of us is in a different time zone :o except that me and @Antihero. are still in the same :D

Your Taco Tuesday is my Wednesday brunch. I'm livin' in the future... 😎

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
2 hours ago, NYK said:

I have a Switch! 😊 But there's a massive time difference between us 😝

How massive are we talking? I often play something (usually Splatoon) after 10pm my time, which is morning-ish that day in the Western Hemisphere.

...unless you factor in Leap Day...Splatfests...multiplied by squared...carry the Y...carry the M...or Capture it and waddle it into place next to the A, R, I and O for an easy Power Moon...wait, what was the question again? 😮

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
39 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Your Taco Tuesday is my Wednesday brunch. I'm livin' in the future... 😎

pff. and I came from the future and I'm lost in this world :c 

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

pff i saw a quite handsome guy in my workplace today and I'm behaving like an idiot now :c he doesn’t even pay attention to me, though.

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack
26 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

pff i saw a quite handsome guy in my workplace today and I'm behaving like an idiot now :c he doesn’t even pay attention to me, though.

Aw... :(

• Like 1
Slice of Ace
1 hour ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

How massive are we talking?

Hmm, I'm not sure 😂 The internet gives several timezones for Australia 😝

I'm in the UK, so BST at the moment (GMT+1). 

Also, I never picked up Splatoon 2 (it was too soon after the Wii U one for me 😝). I guess the only online games I have on Switch are Mario Kart and Mario Tennis at the moment 😊

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
45 minutes ago, NYK said:

Hmm, I'm not sure 😂 The internet gives several timezones for Australia 😝

Mine's GMT+10 year-round, so I guess it'd be 1PM when I usually play.

45 minutes ago, NYK said:

Also, I never picked up Splatoon 2 (it was too soon after the Wii U one for me 😝). I guess the only online games I have on Switch are Mario Kart and Mario Tennis at the moment 😊

What a coinkidink. I have both! :)

• Like 1
Slice of Ace
14 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Mine's GMT+10 year-round, so I guess it'd be 1PM when I usually play.

What a coinkidink. I have both! :)

Haha, cool! 😄

Well, I have an abundance of free time nowadays (finding jobs is hard 🙃) so you can message me if you want to play online!

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
1 hour ago, NYK said:

only one hour difference between us. :D

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
3 hours ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

but to make things better: I went to buy groceries after work and I saw another handsome guy there, and he smiled to me. :3 so I said hello and he replied :D

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
2 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Aw... :(

aww. :( I swear I'll say hello to him tomorrow, just to see if he replies. should I smile, too? :D

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
9 hours ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

but to make things better: I went to buy groceries after work and I saw another handsome guy there, and he smiled to me. :3 so I said hello and he replied :D

Aw... 😊

• Like 1
Slice of Ace
35 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

@NYK Your avatar evolved! :o

Haha, I'd had my zangoose scribble for a while, so I decided to switch it up. I just did a little doodle of my persona on AVEN 😊

NYK stands for "nobody you know" which - apart from being a subtle Buffy reference - speaks to my anonymity on AVEN. I feel that I can be more frank if people don't know whom I am 😝

The trenchcoat and hidden face are related to this as well, and purple to fit with the ace theme 🍰

Umm, in case you wanted a breakdown of my little drawing 😂

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

pff i wanted to say hello to him, but I didn't have a real chance to meet him today :c I only saw him several times from a distance.

instead, one lady was very nice to me and she's blinking and smiling at me every time she appears. it's nice, but she's a woman ;_;

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack
23 hours ago, NYK said:

Haha, cool! 😄

Well, I have an abundance of free time nowadays (finding jobs is hard 🙃) so you can message me if you want to play online!

Will do! ;)

4 hours ago, NYK said:

Haha, I'd had my zangoose scribble for a while, so I decided to switch it up. I just did a little doodle of my persona on AVEN 😊

NYK stands for "nobody you know" which - apart from being a subtle Buffy reference - speaks to my anonymity on AVEN. I feel that I can be more frank if people don't know whom I am 😝

The trenchcoat and hidden face are related to this as well, and purple to fit with the ace theme 🍰

Umm, in case you wanted a breakdown of my little drawing 😂

Noice. Mine's just my Octoling main in Splatoon 2. He's also the protagonist and titular character of my sequel Splatoon fanfic, Octanner no Monogatari. :)

4 hours ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

pff i wanted to say hello to him, but I didn't have a real chance to meet him today :c I only saw him several times from a distance.

instead, one lady was very nice to me and she's blinking and smiling at me every time she appears. it's nice, but she's a woman ;_;

Aw... (I feel like that's all I've been posting as responses to you recently. 😅)

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack

I just realised something. A while back (before I knew I was homoromantic), I wrote and uploaded the first part of the origin story of my series' first protagonist, and without spoiling too much, he's helped by someone who happens to be a fellow male human his own age.

Anyway, the thing I realised is that the two shared more than one moment during that chapter which, in hindsight, could be construed as mildly-homoromantic. Since that particular protagonist is based on myself, could that have been a subconscious way of telling myself that I'm attracted to guys? 🤔

Then again, there IS this quote from the remaster of season 1:

(Excerpt from S1E04 "The Shrouding Storm")

Zed's thoughts: Laura Goldenclaugh...do I...have a crush on her?!

Probably not, Zeddy-boy! :P

• Like 2
Slice of Ace
32 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Anyway, the thing I realised is that the two shared more than one moment during that chapter which, in hindsight, could be construed as mildly-homoromantic. Since that particular protagonist is based on myself, could that have been a subconscious way of telling myself that I'm attracted to guys? 🤔

I had a similar thing when writing (before I figured out the homoromantic bit). I noticed in hindsight that the descriptions of male characters were far more... descriptive? 😂 

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
1 hour ago, NYK said:

I had a similar thing when writing (before I figured out the homoromantic bit). I noticed in hindsight that the descriptions of male characters were far more... descriptive? 😂 

Actually, come to think of it, all the current protagonists are asexual with varying romantic orientations: one is a heteroromantic asexual guy who has a blatantly-obvious mutual crush on his party's only female human member; another is an aromantic asexual guy who has caught the attention of two of his squadmates (a young woman who seems to be smitten with him, and a guy who is his self-appointed "bro"); and the other is a heteroromantic grey-asexual young woman who has multiple admirers, but is only interested in one member of her crew.

Despite all that, would you believe that all this relationship biz isn't actually central to what is very much a plot- and character-driven series? Still, it's nice to include a little bit of romance for those readers who are interested. :)

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

@GeekyGamerZack why do you always respond with 'aw' ;_; :D

I think this dude is trying to avoid me. it's sad :c I only want to say hello!

thankfully tomorrow my workplace will be placed next to his workplace. maybe I will see him more :D:3

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

btw half of AVEN has heard about my OCs right? :D one is human and one is an android, but both are men and both are in love with each other. ♡

• Like 3

stopped caring about fictional dude romance but I ❤ed it for the robot/human thing :lol: (have you watched Westworld? it's not gay but it's still really good)

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
2 hours ago, fiѕh said:

stopped caring about fictional dude romance but I ❤ed it for the robot/human thing :lol: (have you watched Westworld? it's not gay but it's still really good)

<_< why are you doing this to me. ;_;