Homoromantic guys chat

GeekyGamerZack
1 hour ago, slowking said:

Hi guys, let me revive this thread with a question: when you come out to someone, how do you choose to identify? As a homoromantic asexual (/on the ace spectrum)? Or just as gay? What do you usually say to people?

I usually say I'm romantically and aesthetically attracted to guys, but I'm not interested in sex with anyone. If others would rather think of me as gay (if it's easier for them to understand homoromanticism that way), it's fine.

In any case, a lot of people I know are so tolerant of me being homoromantic that they don't think any less of me; a number of my friends and acquaintances were actually excited that I'm now in a relationship after years of questioning myself if there was someone out there for me, and a few of them often ask things like "What's the latest?" and "So how are things going with your boyfriend?"

Basically, since coming out of the wardrobe (we don't have closets Down Under :P ), I've fully come to terms with my "gay aceness", and I'm pleased about how accepting my friends and acquaintances have been. Truth be told, a lot of that confidence was reinforced by getting to know @Xrott and starting a thing with him.

Who'd have thought it'd take a mutual crush to get me to fully come out of the closet (well, the walk-in wardrobe) and fully accept my orientation? I guess that's what happens, isn't it? You say something like "I just don't think there's anyone out there for me...", and a week later, "BLIP! You have a new personal message." And now there is someone. 😍

(Apologies for the long ramble, btw.)

• Like 3
Slice of Ace
2 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Basically, since coming out of the wardrobe (we don't have closets Down Under :P )

How did I never realise that closets don't exist in the UK either? 😝 I'm stealing that phrase now 🙃

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
11 hours ago, NYK said:

How did I never realise that closets don't exist in the UK either? 😝 I'm stealing that phrase now 🙃

Hahaha, go ahead. Who knows? Maybe it'll catch on! 😄

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

and I'm not a native English speaker, so I have nothing to say 😂

• Like 2
Slice of Ace

Just so I don't confuse anyone, I'm NYK 😀 I've just changed my display name and picture to match my upcoming YouTube channel

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack
8 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Just so I don't confuse anyone, I'm NYK 😀 I've just changed my display name and picture to match my upcoming YouTube channel

Well, I guess technically we know you now, so the N in NYK no longer makes sense. ;)

In any case, consider yourself subbed (by me).

• Like 1
Slice of Ace

2 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Well, I guess technically we know you now, so the N in NYK no longer makes sense. ;)

In any case, consider yourself subbed (by me).

Naaw, thanks 😊 I'll try not to disappoint!

I was considering just changing it to S(ombody)YK , but pretty much no one would actually understand it 😂

15 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Coooool!! I'm anxious to see your videos :D

• Like 2
Slice of Ace
10 minutes ago, slowking said:

Coooool!! I'm anxious to see your videos :D

Haha, I feel like I'm gonna let soooo many people down with all the hype I'm unintentionally building! 😝 If all things go to plan, I should be able to drop the first video by the 21st at the latest (to line up with asexual awareness week)

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
21 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

ooh hello 😄 :3 I didn't get the meaning of your previous name, tbh 😮 *is feeling stupid*

• Like 3
J. van Deijck
24 minutes ago, Antihero. said:

Neither did I, so we can feel stupid together x’D

bro you're back 😄 *hugs* there'sa beer for you hidden somewhere 😂 :D

21 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

Haha, I think I only mentioned it briefly, so don't worry about missing it 😅 

that's fine, but you see, now two dudes are feeling stupid 😂

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
3 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, myfirstvideo'sup 😨 

Hide contents

*hides*

awww is that you in this video? 😮😄

• Like 2
Slice of Ace
2 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

awww is that you in this video? 😮😄

Haha, yeah 😝 

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
10 hours ago, Antihero. said:

Ja, I’m sporadically still paying visits to this site. Not spending as much time here anymore as I said sometime before but I’m not gone and I found the beer too mate ;) 
come-on-bro-hug-nsm-ec-5103479.png

That picture was too hilarious to not post x’D

hahahaha now that's what deserves a hug and a can of beer haha 😍 xD

1331837210-beer-truck-stolen-guinness-co

alsjeblieft 😂😄

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
1 minute ago, Slice of Ace said:

Haha, yeah 😝 

you're pretty good looking then 😄

• Like 1

After a couple random notifications, I see a random giant can of Guiness. I'm somewhat intrigued now :P

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
6 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Hide contents

*hides*

Yay! :D

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack

Quick question for everyone here: did others know or suspect you were a homoromantic/gay ace before you did? Because it seems that was the case for me. 😅

• Like 1
Slice of Ace
1 hour ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Quick question for everyone here: did others know or suspect you were a homoromantic/gay ace before you did? Because it seems that was the case for me. 😅

My brother would have known I was gay, definitely 😂

But everyone else, I don't think so. They weren't surprised that I was asexual though 😊

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Hide contents

*hides*

Yessssss I'm incredibly happy about this!!! Waiting for your next video :cake::cake:^_^^_^

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack
8 hours ago, Antihero. said:

It's damn awesome that you’re creating actual youtube content :D

Agreed. I think there's a need for this kind of channel amongst all the unboxers, streamers and funny pet videos. Congrats on building asexual awareness, bruh! ;)

(Retreats back into the Zack Cave and starts figuring out a streaming schedule)

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
On 10/6/2018 at 11:04 AM, Una Salus Victus said:

After a couple random notifications, I see a random giant can of Guiness. I'm somewhat intrigued now :P

feel invited, too :D

Slice of Ace

Hmm, I was wondering how you guys felt about PDA? I guess, specifically holding hands in public 😕

As long as I'm not in a super shady area, I'd do it, but I know some other gay guys who avoid it like the plague 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Slice of Ace said:

Hmm, I was wondering how you guys felt about PDA? I guess, specifically holding hands in public 😕

As long as I'm not in a super shady area, I'd do it, but I know some other gay guys who avoid it like the plague 

I’m not a fan of any couples no matter their gender constellation outright devouring and fondling each other in public as I find it rather disrespectful towards the people around, that’s probably due to my upbringing but holding hands or small gestures of affection are completely fine and acceptable to do.

And I’d like to say that I do it without a care in the world because I should be able to and am not ashamed of being gay at all but in reality it depends on the ‘where’ and more importantly who is around a lot. I really care about my physical integrity and my life you see.
For example, when I dated a guy and we were at the subway station in winter at some ungodly hour we hugged each other rather closely but I immediately retreated when a larger group of Muslim guys appeared at the station out of sheer survival instinct. He looked at me confused but I only had to nod into the direction of the Muslim group and when he turned around slightly he got it immediately no further questions.

• Like 1
Slice of Ace
14 minutes ago, Antihero. said:

I’m not a fan of any couples no matter their gender constellation outright devouring and fondling each other in public as I find it rather disrespectful towards the people around, that’s probably due to my upbringing but holding hands or small gestures of affection are completely fine and acceptable to do

No, I'm not a fan of people being overly touchy-feely in public either 😝

It just makes me sad sometimes when I see straight couples holding hands without a care when I've been shouted and laughed at for just that 😕 

• Like 2