Homoromantic guys chat

Hello... 

Discovering my sexuality was a long process. At the beginning I labeled myself as gay. But when I started to meet guys, I found out that I am avert to penetrative and oral sex and that I just like cuddling, kissing and hugging. In other words I love to be sensual rather than sexual with a person. When I googled "people who do not like penetrative sex", the term asexual was returned to me. I read about the topic thoroughly and then I discovered that there are two types of attraction: romantic and sexual. I came to the result that I am homoromantic asexual. I even discovered that I cannot feel any affection towards someone unless an emotional bond is established with him or if I do not feel that he has some affection to me . I added the term demiromantic to finally label myself as homoromantic demiromantic asexual. 

I am happy to find out that there are guys like me in this world. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

• Like 6

Thank TJA for your welcome. I am glad that I have found this website.

• Like 1
On 3/31/2020 at 2:38 PM, sensual me said:

Hello... 

Discovering my sexuality was a long process. At the beginning I labeled myself as gay. But when I started to meet guys, I found out that I am avert to penetrative and oral sex and that I just like cuddling, kissing and hugging. In other words I love to be sensual rather than sexual with a person. When I googled "people who do not like penetrative sex", the term asexual was returned to me. I read about the topic thoroughly and then I discovered that there are two types of attraction: romantic and sexual. I came to the result that I am homoromantic asexual. I even discovered that I cannot feel any affection towards someone unless an emotional bond is established with him or if I do not feel that he has some affection to me . I added the term demiromantic to finally label myself as homoromantic demiromantic asexual. 

I am happy to find out that there are guys like me in this world. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Welcome!!! You kinda described me there.

• Like 2
PaulWestmids

Hi, I’m new to this site and I would definitely class my self as homoromantic.

I'm single and have been most of my life. I find males attractive and would like to find that soul mate. Being asexual is extremely difficult finding another homoromantic guy to share a life with.

There  are very limited sites for this type of dating, making it difficult to meet up with a similar minded person.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, tjp3 said:

Welcome!!! You kinda described me there.

Hey Tjp3...

I am glad that there are many people who think like me... It makes me happy.... :)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PaulWestmids said:

I'm single and have been most of my life. I find males attractive and would like to find that soul mate. Being asexual is extremely difficult finding another homoromantic guy to share a life with.

There  are very limited sites for this type of dating, making it difficult to meet up with a similar minded person.

I understand your feeling well... Anyways welcome Paul... I hope you achieve your objectives in this website... 

• Like 1
On 4/6/2020 at 6:17 PM, sensual me said:

Hey Tjp3...

I am glad that there are many people who think like me... It makes me happy.... :)

On 4/6/2020 at 3:45 PM, PaulWestmids said:

Hi dear friends! You are always welcome to chat ❤️❤️  I am the same, want to find homo ace guy to kiss him, cuddle, hold hands and care for the rest of my life.

• Like 2

Hey, I've been shadowing this website (and this particular thread 😅) for almost a year now and I've just loved being able to read and relate to some of the stuff that's been posted on here 😌 just never had that extra push to actually post on here cos I had idea how to start (and it's been a difficult thing to come to terms with).

I don't wanna over-sour this post but this whole finding myself and my identity has been an incredibly emotionally tasking ordeal and still something I struggle with from time to time.

Also on another almost unrelated note if anyone has any input; does anyone get crazy anxious and flustered when using social dating apps? The whole idea of being massively judged weighs a ton on me ngl 😅 (I'm already a naturally socially anxious and paranoid person so that doesn't help).

• Like 4

Welcome, @Huston! Glad you decided to post.

I don't date, or use those apps. Sorry, can't help you with that.

I'm sure someone will be along to give their opinion on this. ;)

• Like 1
On 4/12/2020 at 3:38 PM, Huston said:

Hey, I've been shadowing this website (and this particular thread 😅) for almost a year now and I've just loved being able to read and relate to some of the stuff that's been posted on here 😌 just never had that extra push to actually post on here cos I had idea how to start (and it's been a difficult thing to come to terms with).

I don't wanna over-sour this post but this whole finding myself and my identity has been an incredibly emotionally tasking ordeal and still something I struggle with from time to time.

Also on another almost unrelated note if anyone has any input; does anyone get crazy anxious and flustered when using social dating apps? The whole idea of being massively judged weighs a ton on me ngl 😅 (I'm already a naturally socially anxious and paranoid person so that doesn't help).

I am not a fan of social dating apps. I tried one but I used it for a very short time around a week or two. It depends on your character. Concerning websites for gay dating whether sexual or asexual (Most of them are sexual) you may not find yourself fitting in there because some of them are looking for one night stands and others consider sex a principal aspect of a relationship. However, I managed to make a couple of friends. As for asexual gay dating, it is not easy because of our small and dispersed population. But I made many friends around the world thanks to them. 

Asexual dating apps are safer than regular ones since the idea of asexuality is not popular and clear to many people. I suggest you try with them if you wish to find friends and your second half.

Edited by sensual me
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 5:45 AM, PaulWestmids said:

Welcome! It’s definitely difficult to find other homoromantics but we’re out there.

• Like 1
On 4/12/2020 at 5:38 AM, Huston said:

Welcome! I go through my phases with dating apps. I find it exhausting trying to get to know someone through an app and ghosting but I got used to it. On top of that we have to explain being asexual and being on the app. People assume that asexual means you don’t want to be with someone. And then you explain your attraction to men because a lot about being gay is sex with other guys. It’s a lot for sure. LOL. Don’t be afraid. There’s gonna be a lot of misses for sure but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be out there. It’s a learning experience. I’ve also joined an asexual Meetup groups. They’re on hold right now but it was really nice to be around other asexuals in real life. You might be able to meet someone there.

• Like 3

Belated welcome to @Huston! I feel the same way about dating apps. I inadvertently set too lofty of expectations for myself when I use them, which only sets myself up for disappointment. So I've mostly foregone the search. It's been nice taking the pressure off of myself, but even still, it'd be nice to have some affirmation now that I have myself mostly figured out 🤷‍♂️ I figure the right person/people will come to me if I'm in the right place(s)... although, considering that I'm home most of the time now, I'll just have to be patient. I'll have to quest with my Skyrim husband and genetically engineer babies with my boyfriend in The Sims 3 until then. 

Hope everything's going well for you! Don't worry about over-souring things (that's my job).

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
huskylovee

Hi! I'm new to AVEN. Don't quite know if I'm (demi)homoromantic or just aromantic, but I do know I'm attracted to guys/masculine-of-center folks in some way. I've been feeling lonely about this lately, so I figured it'd be good to find folks who feel similarly. So, hi!

Oh, and @Huston, I feel the same way 😅 I'll join dating apps trying to find connection, genuinely excited and then the moment someone messages me, I freak out and delete my account 🤣

• Like 5

I've never used dating apps since I am very much  in my own little world. I try and build friendships but that does not always work out.   I am always learning about new ways to be happy on my own.  And thus being open to other people who are happy on their own. Which makes relationships easier.  Happy people are always happy in a relationship or outside of them. 

Welcome, @Rikhteen!

Is there a purple button showing up at the bottom of your screen? If yes, that's chat button.

Hi my asexual homo kitties! What's up? How are you doing with this quarantine?

• Like 2

I'm still working. Glad to be making money.

This assignment may be finished at the end of the month. Not sure what's in store for June. 

18 hours ago, Sir_The_Last said:

meow... Still alive here ... You? 

yeah, almost got my bachelor degree diploma ;) 

5 hours ago, Tja said:

I'm still working. Glad to be making money.

This assignment may be finished at the end of the month. Not sure what's in store for June. 

money forever haha

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi! Did i see somewhere this thread had a discord server?

• Like 1

Not sure what a " discord server" is.🤔

We have been talking on WhatsApp.