Homoromantic guys chat

10 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Anyway, celebrity crush-wise, I'm actually trying to decide between three Chris-es (Evans, Pratt and Hemsworth). I guess I have a thing for guys with powers, or in this case, guys who play guys with powers.

Chris Evans is obviously the superior option! 😜 Unless he has a beard, then Hemsworth with short hair is the best 😂

• Like 2

Thanx for the delicious welcome!

Actually I prefer cake to mostly anything and everything out there *YUMMY*. I guess, Kakashi doesn't eat a lot of cake, somehow ... it would interfere with his ninja training, likely. Weight issues, mainly. So good he's got me to eat it 'he he'

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack
6 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Chris Evans is obviously the superior option! 😜 Unless he has a beard, then Hemsworth with short hair is the best 😂

You're not wrong about Chris Evans without a beard. Facial hair just doesn't suit him. Now, Chris Pratt, on the other hand, looks attractive with short facial hair. And Hemsy is attractive either way (actually, his younger brother Liam is also kind of cute). And I almost considered Paul Rudd for the list, but an 18-year age gap is WAY too extreme. I mean, Ant-Man is one of my favourite MCU characters, but I'm only interested in guys within an 8-year age gap, meaning guys between the ages of 23 and 39, so Hemsy just manages to squeeze onto the list.

Celebrity crushes aside, I have an IRL crush on a guy with whom I have a lot in common, and whose personality and interests mesh well with my own. The fact that he also has a crush on me only serves to intensify my crush on him, and...ooh, I'm just so happy! 😊

By the way, @Slice of Ace, I watched your new YouTube vid (sorry I haven't been commenting there, but I tend to avoid YT comments sections like wild Tentacool encounters in the Pokémon series), and I like the fresh new approach to assembling a video. As it happens, I tend to enjoy cheesy accents, except when someone does a not-so-realistic Australian or Scottish accent. I accept only authentic-sounding Aussie or Scottish, not something as awful as Groundskeeper Willie in The Simpsons. All in all, a superb video and well worth a thumbs-up! Actually, have another... 👍

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Loner4ever said:

Thanx for the delicious welcome!

Actually I prefer cake to mostly anything and everything out there *YUMMY*. I guess, Kakashi doesn't eat a lot of cake, somehow ... it would interfere with his ninja training, likely. Weight issues, mainly. So good he's got me to eat it 'he he'

More cake for you then 😉🍰

1 hour ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

You're not wrong about Chris Evans without a beard. Facial hair just doesn't suit him. Now, Chris Pratt, on the other hand, looks attractive with short facial hair. And Hemsy is attractive either way (actually, his younger brother Liam is also kind of cute). And I almost considered Paul Rudd for the list, but an 18-year age gap is WAY too extreme. I mean, Ant-Man is one of my favourite MCU characters, but I'm only interested in guys within an 8-year age gap, meaning guys between the ages of 23 and 39, so Hemsy just manages to squeeze onto the list.

Chris Pratt is attractive, but nowhere near the level of Evans or Hemsworth. Wow, I had no idea Paul Rudd was 49! 😲 I mean Jensen Ackles is 40, but he's still the most beautiful man on the planet 😻 I only really pay attention to age in real life  

Celebrity crushes aside, I have an IRL crush on a guy with whom I have a lot in common, and whose personality and interests mesh well with my own. The fact that he also has a crush on me only serves to intensify my crush on him, and...ooh, I'm just so happy! 😊

ENVY, so much envy!!! Good for you, obviously, but also ENVY! 😂

By the way, @Slice of Ace, I watched your new YouTube vid (sorry I haven't been commenting there, but I tend to avoid YT comments sections like wild Tentacool encounters in the Pokémon series), and I like the fresh new approach to assembling a video. As it happens, I tend to enjoy cheesy accents, except when someone does a not-so-realistic Australian or Scottish accent. I accept only authentic-sounding Aussie or Scottish, not something as awful as Groundskeeper Willie in The Simpsons. All in all, a superb video and well worth a thumbs-up! Actually, have another... 👍

No problem! Thanks for watching them at all! 😊

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
On 11/11/2018 at 2:26 AM, Slice of Ace said:

Chris Pratt is attractive, but nowhere near the level of Evans or Hemsworth.

True, but he does have a certain...ruggedly-geeky charm of his own.

Wow, I had no idea Paul Rudd was 49! 😲 I mean Jensen Ackles is 40, but he's still the most beautiful man on the planet 😻 

Pretty sure my totally-straight brother has a guy-crush on him, since he lives, eats and breathes Supernatural. And why wouldn't he? Even I get a little asexually turned on seeing him in a leather jacket, and he's always* wearing a leather jacket.

I only really pay attention to age in real life  

Yup. And most celebrities are at least 75% real, so...

ENVY, so much envy!!! Good for you, obviously, but also ENVY! 😂

Well, with your newfound career on YouTube, pretty sure the right guy is just around the corner. ;)

No problem! Thanks for watching them at all! 😊

You're welcome. Hoping to see more of David in future vids! 😁

*Figuratively speaking

• Like 1

Yup. And most celebrities are at least 75% real, so...

MADNESS 😂 They are obviously androids built for our entertainment! 

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
9 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

MADNESS 😂 They are obviously androids built for our entertainment! 

Or they're humans whose physiologies contain up to 25% petroleum byproduct, a ubiquitous substance to which many peeps commonly refer as "plastic". 😁

• Like 2

Out of those 3, I'd have to pick Hemsworth. Though, with his personality, Pratt is a close second.

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack
On 11/13/2018 at 5:00 AM, Tja said:

Out of those 3, I'd have to pick Hemsworth. Though, with his personality, Pratt is a close second.

Looks like the question has changed to "Who is your celebrity Chris crush: Evans, Pratt or Hemsy?" 😂

Actually, I'll ask a new question: With which fictional character do you most identify in terms of personality and/or aesthetics? (You may post multiple answers if you feel you identify with more than one.)

Aesthetically, I look like some bizarre hybrid of a Weasley (from the Harry Potter series) and Rubeus Hagrid (also from said series), as I'm a tall, broadly-built ginger with fair skin, and I've actually been referred to as "Ron Weasley" on more than one occasion. 😛

As for the other side of the coin...It's hard for me to match my personality with any one fictional character, as I'm something of an oddity, and I'd need to do a ridiculously-long post naming each character and in what way I relate to them.

Ironically, there are only two fictional characters with whom I relate both personality- and aesthetics-wise, but they're both protagonists of my own works of fiction, so I feel as though either of them would be a cop-out answer, not to mention a shameless (and literal) self-promotion. 😁

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

With which fictional character do you most identify in terms of personality and/or aesthetics? (You may post multiple answers if you feel you identify with more than one.)

Hmm, no idea. I've never thought about it to be honest. You know what I look like, any suggestions? 😂

Personality-wise, I don't know, Baymax from Big Hero 6 maybe? 😂 Someone who's awkward and kind of clueless, but who's just trying to be nice. Now I feel bigheaded 😝

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
3 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Hmm, no idea. I've never thought about it to be honest. You know what I look like, any suggestions? 😂

Hm...there's a cheesy superhero-comedy called The Amazing Extraordinary Friends, and you kind of resemble the main protagonist Ben Wilson/Captain Extraordinary. I'd suggest Googling it if you're curious and need reference images.

3 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Personality-wise, I don't know, Baymax from Big Hero 6 maybe? 😂 Someone who's awkward and kind of clueless, but who's just trying to be nice. Now I feel bigheaded 😝

It's funny you mention Baymax, because Hiro Yamada is one of the characters who'd go on my own list.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Hm...there's a cheesy superhero-comedy called The Amazing Extraordinary Friends, and you kind of resemble the main protagonist Ben Wilson/Captain Extraordinary. I'd suggest Googling it if you're curious and need reference images.

Wow, that's um.... ridiculously cheesy 😂 I didn't expect something so obscure, to be honest. Also, they are hilariously posh in that show! I can see the similarity actually, except for the fact that he's tonnes better looking 😂

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Hmm, no idea. I've never thought about it to be honest.

This.

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack
On 11/16/2018 at 4:44 PM, Slice of Ace said:

Wow, that's um.... ridiculously cheesy 😂

I know, right? 😁

I didn't expect something so obscure, to be honest. Also, they are hilariously posh in that show!

I'm gonna have to watch it again. I like a good giggle. 😆

I can see the similarity actually, except for the fact that he's tonnes better looking 😂

Actually, now that I think about it, a lot of people have mistaken me for someone they know. That's at least five guys out there who look virtually identical to me, and I imagine every one of them is WAY more attractive than this 31-year-old overgrown gay ace ginger dude who's trapped in a post-teen's body. 😅

(Although, that's at least five people who'd have trouble spotting their relative in question at a Weasley Family fan convention...)

Oh yeah, @Slice of Ace, I just watched your new video, and I can relate with one or two things you mentioned. And now I'm curious about next week's video... (checks today's date, then checks it again just to make sure) 

• Like 1

Oh yeah, @Slice of Ace, I just watched your new video, and I can relate with one or two things you mentioned. And now I'm curious about next week's video... (checks today's date, then checks it again just to make sure)  

Wait, what's special about next week's video? Did I make it out to be more mysterious than it is? 😂 Coincidentally, it is a video that I'm really excited to make!

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
On 11/17/2018 at 11:48 PM, Slice of Ace said:

Wait, what's special about next week's video? Did I make it out to be more mysterious than it is? 😂 Coincidentally, it is a video that I'm really excited to make!

Well, mentioning that it's unrelated to the three-part ace relationships series was enough to make me excited and/or speculative. What could the theme be? Aces in popular culture? Why purple is the main ace colour? A delicious recipe for multi-layer ace-bow (black-white-grey-purple) cake?

Either way, they all sound like tasty ideas...well, mostly that third one, but my point still stands, darn it! 😁

3 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Well, mentioning that it's unrelated to the three-part ace relationships series was enough to make me excited and/or speculative. What could the theme be? Aces in popular culture? Why purple is the main ace colour? A delicious recipe for multi-layer ace-bow (black-white-grey-purple) cake?

Either way, they all sound like tasty ideas...well, mostly that third one, but my point still stands, darn it! 😁

Haha, I have plans for all of those videos in the future 😂 Stop guessing all my content!

It's called a victoriace sponge, which should give you a clue on the recipe!

But aaaaactually, I'm going a bit off-topic and doing more of a gay video this time. 80-90% of the content is going to be ace, but every now and then, I'll have a non-ace LGBT+ thing I want to talk about. I hope people don't mind too much 😝

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack

Haha, I have plans for all of those videos in the future 😂 Stop guessing all my content!

Oops, sorry, my bad. 😁

It's called a victoriace sponge, which should give you a clue on the recipe!

Ooh, I LOVE sponge cake! 😀

But aaaaactually, I'm going a bit off-topic and doing more of a gay video this time. 80-90% of the content is going to be ace, but every now and then, I'll have a non-ace LGBT+ thing I want to talk about. I hope people don't mind too much 😝

Well, I'm technically gay, so I don't mind one iota. (Why did that last word remind me of a messenger with an envelope for a head...?)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Well, I'm technically gay, so I don't mind one iota. (Why did that last word remind me of a messenger with an envelope for a head...?)

Oh, I have a feeling you'll like the episode in particular, GeekyGamerZack 😉

Anyway, I don't want to turn this thread into just talking about my channel. There's another thread for that 😝

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
31 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

Oh, I have a feeling you'll like the episode in particular, GeekyGamerZack 😉

...? 😀

31 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

Anyway, I don't want to turn this thread into just talking about my channel. There's another thread for that 😝

Posted and subscribed. Thanks for the info. 😊

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack

Another question: if you could cosplay as any fictional character, who would it be and why?

After giving it some thought, I remembered that I really like the idea of cosplaying Isaac from Golden Sun. Realistically, however, it'd make more sense for me to cosplay as one of my personae from Splatoon 2 (Squigley/Octanner), as those costumes would be easier for a cosplay newbie to assemble.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Another question: if you could cosplay as any fictional character, who would it be and why?

After giving it some thought, I remembered that I really like the idea of cosplaying Isaac from Golden Sun. Realistically, however, it'd make more sense for me to cosplay as one of my personae from Splatoon 2 (Squigley/Octanner), as those costumes would be easier for a cosplay newbie to assemble.

😻😻😻😻😻😻

You mentioned Golden Sun!!!!!!

+10 influence gained with Slice of Ace 😂

As I mentioned before, I'm doing an Owain one at the moment. Hmm, when I'm in better shape, I'd quite like to do a "sexy" Link one 😂 Ironically, I like "sexy" clothes 😳

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
11 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

😻😻😻😻😻😻

You mentioned Golden Sun!!!!!!

+10 influence gained with Slice of Ace 😂

As it happens, the Golden Sun games partly influenced the elemental themes in both my online series and my novels (both of which feature gay ace protagonists). I'm also considering the idea of starting a Golden Sun-inspired play-by-post D&D campaign, which will run alongside my other two (a Magic: The Gathering-themed campaign and a self-parodying "abridged" campaign). 😁

As I mentioned before, I'm doing an Owain one at the moment. Hmm, when I'm in better shape, I'd quite like to do a "sexy" Link one 😂 Ironically, I like "sexy" clothes 😳

EDIT: Are you familiar with the "sexy Shulk" costume from Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U? Dude's more chiselled than the statues decorating Sol Sanctum.

To be honest, I kind of feel like my belly would be a turn-off for most other guys, or even girls for that matter, and it'd also limit my cosplay potential. I'd like to join a gym (and actually stick with my membership, unlike the stories I've heard), but it's not worth making the commitment until after my big move.

As it happens, I already have muscle growth underneath my chubbiness (apparently), which is gonna make shifting the bulge even harder than if I was completely scrawny (apparently). Solidly-built in terms of both muscle mass and body fat/water weight...I guess that's what I get for walking so much and drinking so much iced tea every day. 😅

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

As it happens, the Golden Sun games partly influenced the elemental themes in both my online series and my novels (both of which feature gay ace protagonists). I'm also considering the idea of starting a Golden Sun-inspired play-by-post D&D campaign

Awesome! 😁

51 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Are you familiar with the "sexy Shulk" costume from Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U?

Indeed I am, but I'm looking more at being buff than toned though 😂

53 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

I'd like to join a gym (and actually stick with my membership, unlike the stories I've heard)

I work out five days a week, but all at home because I'm too scared to go to a gym 😨

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack

Here's something I've been wondering: as you may know, firefighters turn me on (asexually, of course), and it got me wondering if anyone else in this chat is turned on by them. If not, how about members of any other service, like police officers, paramedics, cinema ushers, etc.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I think men are more attractive than women, so I kind of think of myself as a little bit gay. But I don't have sexual or romantic feelings for men, so I don't think I'm really gay or homoromantic. What would you call that, homoaesthetic? Would that be like a homoaesthetic aromantic asexual?

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack

@Confirmed Bachelor I think homoaesthetic would be the most accurate term for someone who's physically attracted to people of the same gender, but not necessarily sexually or romantically attracted to them. Only you know which labels to give yourself, though, as only you know exactly how you feel about others.

While we're on the topic of in-depth labels, I could label myself as a homoaesthetic homoromantic asexual, as I am physically and romantically attracted to guys, but not interested in sex; however, since many homoromantics are likely also homoaesthetic as well (or at least, others may perceive them to be so), it's easier and more efficient to label myself as simply a homoromantic asexual.

(It's even easier to refer to myself as a gay ace, a term I picked up from fellow AVENite @Slice of Ace, and it sums up my label in a mere two syllables.)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Confirmed Bachelor said:

I think men are more attractive than women, so I kind of think of myself as a little bit gay. But I don't have sexual or romantic feelings for men, so I don't think I'm really gay or homoromantic. What would you call that, homoaesthetic? Would that be like a homoaesthetic aromantic asexual?

Yeah, pretty much what @GeekyGamerZack said. If you think homoaesthetic aromantic asexual works best, call yourself that if you want 😊 I would interpret that as aesthetic attraction to other guys, but romantic and sexual attraction to no one, which I think is exactly what you described!

I personally only identify as gay most of the time because it's simpler. I only really mention the asexual bit if it comes up or if I'm doing something for visibility. If I were to label myself in the most descriptive and accurate way possible, I'd probably end up with about fifty words (homoaesthetic, homosensual, homoromantic, asexual etc. 😝) but I don't find it necessary for me personally 

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:20 AM, Slice of Ace said:

If I were to label myself in the most descriptive and accurate way possible, I'd probably end up with about fifty words

Fifty? How many labels are there in the world?! I mean, should I label myself as soul-deficit because I'm ginger? :P

(Hate that stereotype with a passion, btw)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Fifty? How many labels are there in the world?! I mean, should I label myself as soul-deficit because I'm ginger? :P

It's called hyperbole 😂

• Like 1