Homoromantic guys chat

J. van Deijck
2 minutes ago, Peinture Paix said:

Hehe, I understand that. ^_^ and the movie was eXistenZ. 

yush I have mentioned it several times :P

18 minutes ago, Antihero. said:

It’s a prison/crime show with a decent amount of dark humour that was produced from 1997 to 2003. I can recommend it.

sounds interesting :D thanks!

• Like 1

ah, yeah, eXistenZ  looked like it was someones username, so I must have just skimmed over it. :P

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

but it would actually make a great username :o

J. van Deijck

@Jetyl your profile says you're an aspiring game developer, so maybe this movie will actually interest you :o

Now that you say that, it somewhat does. :lol: I bet book titles would make some pretty intriguing usernames, as well. 

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

and band names. or song titles. :D

yeah, I'm looking into it while I'm working on one of my game projects (of like, 3 that I'm on). Its also a david cronenberg film, which is interesting. its a 1999's movie about video games, which is... less so. (though thats true for any film based on X field of study. said people will see all the inaccuacies. :P)

• Like 1

Yeah! Like Anatomy is Destiny, or Exodus. :P Or maybe Psyclon Nine and Velvet Acid Christ. Now reading back, these names make me laugh a little.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

what do you want, Velvet Acid Christ is a cool name. :< :lol: and guess why I'm Nero. :P XD (btw my username is also a band name, but shhh  nobody knows it :P)

6 minutes ago, Jetyl said:

yeah, I'm looking into it while I'm working on one of my game projects (of like, 3 that I'm on). Its also a david cronenberg film, which is interesting. its a 1999's movie about video games, which is... less so. (though thats true for any film based on X field of study. said people will see all the inaccuacies. :P)

still worth watching :D I was surprised to see someone had this kind of an idea in 90's :D

9 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

what do you want, Velvet Acid Christ is a cool name. :< :lol: and guess why I'm Nero. :P XD (btw my username is also a band name, but shhh  nobody knows it :P)

It is a cool name! I'm not making fun of it at all, It's just that they sunk in a little from a different perspective. Like, there is this band I still really love, and their name is We Butter the Bread with Butter. Ever since I first heard of that band, I learned not to take all band names super seriously. It's good to have a bit of a laugh about some names every once in a while. ^_^ I even laugh at myself because of my name sometimes, simply because it's from a country haha. 

If I remember correctly, a while back you said that your name is Nero because of a band or lead singer of a band you really adored. Or maybe I am completely off? and that part I knew for sure. :lol: 

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
1 hour ago, Peinture Paix said:

It is a cool name! I'm not making fun of it at all, It's just that they sunk in a little from a different perspective. Like, there is this band I still really love, and their name is We Butter the Bread with Butter. Ever since I first heard of that band, I learned not to take all band names super seriously. It's good to have a bit of a laugh about some names every once in a while. ^_^ I even laugh at myself because of my name sometimes, simply because it's from a country haha. 

If I remember correctly, a while back you said that your name is Nero because of a band or lead singer of a band you really adored. Or maybe I am completely off? and that part I knew for sure. :lol: 

ha yeah, Psyclon Nine. that moment when one of my coworkers said "oh so you love Psyclon Nine... you're such a Nero!" :lol: and it had just stayed. :P

it's still just a nickname, though. my name has been my name since forever :P

but getting names from countries is still a good idea :3 like, you can be sure your name is unique. :D

J. van Deijck
1 hour ago, Peinture Paix said:

We Butter the Bread with Butter

this name is always making me snort XD

3 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

ha yeah, Psyclon Nine. that moment when one of my coworkers said "oh so you love Psyclon Nine... you're such a Nero!" :lol: and it had just stayed. :P

it's still just a nickname, though. my name has been my name since forever :P

but getting names from countries is still a good idea :3 like, you can be sure your name is unique. :D

Ah! Then I was at least a little close. My name has always been a nickname as well, but I suppose it just grew on me, and I decided to take it in as my formal name. My actual name doesn't quite work well with me as it may have as a child. It's just treated as a uniform now.

I'm a bit curious as to where others here get their username or nicknames from too! 

5 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

this name is always making me snort XD

I know! I love it so much lol. :D

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

let's find some of the funniest band names maybe XD

aw so how is it with your name, it's that every day you've been getting more and more attached to it? :3 I basically don't use my name, but if anyone asked, it is my name. so yeah call me Nero, but if you use my name, I won't be that much offended. :lol:

and my username is reserved for my music that maybe-will-be-finally-released. what about others?

1 minute ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

let's find some of the funniest band names maybe XD

Great idea xD I'm getting excited already lol. I've got one right at the tip of my tongue: Cookiebreed.

4 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

aw so how is it with your name, it's that every day you've been getting more and more attached to it? :3 I basically don't use my name, but if anyone asked, it is my name. so yeah call me Nero, but if you use my name, I won't be that much offended. :lol:

and my username is reserved for my music that maybe-will-be-finally-released. what about others?

Basically that. It first just started off as Austria, and then my friends started saying Aus, Aussie, Aussie Ausborne, Auspause, and then "Lil Aussy Vert" (don't ask :lol:) The list went on and then I just decided to take the name. Derek is my actual name, but I'm hardly ever called it anymore. I'm somewhat similar about the birth name. If asked, I'd be straight forward about it, but I'd never answer to it. (unless it's coming from family or said under business-related purposes.) I usually get really uncomfortable and unresponsive towards it. It's not that I hate it, I actually like it, but I've had unpleasant memories with the name, so I discard it from myself. As for the username, it's meant as irony for the type of art I do, and a little reminder to embrace the beauty of what fears are physically consisted of.

!! Music! *u* I can't wait, if you do decide to release it. 

• Like 1

Lol! "Aids Wolf" My heart can't take it. :D

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Peinture Paix said:

Like, there is this band I still really love, and their name is We Butter the Bread with Butter.Ever since I first heard of that band, I learned not to take all band names super seriously. 

Their songs are also always to be taken just as seriously, like this one ;)

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Antihero. said:

Their songs are also always to be taken just as seriously, like this one ;)

Yeeesss, The lovely song about eating ducklings.  It's only ever to be serious to PETA.~ That transition with the pig is hilarious too. Their song Der Kleine Vampir is just as serious too.:P

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Peinture Paix said:

I'm a bit curious as to where others here get their username or nicknames from too! 

my username an sorta anagram for my name, in a way.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Jetyl said:

my username an sorta anagram for my name, in a way.

Ooh, that's really clever! Now I'm going to be spending all night trying to guess it. :lol:

• Like 1

I'll give you a hint. its not my name. its my initials, plus the 2nd letters in 2 of my names, to spell something neat. :P

• Like 1

Oooh, okay. I'll really need to sit and ponder this out for a while then. :D But either way, that's a really thought out way to make a username! 

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

aw so cool :3 my name is Jonas xD 

now I need to find some time to listen to that song, and to release my own music, but I really lack time now and it's terrible. 

Aids Wolf also made me laugh, but I swear it's just the beginning, I've found more band names that are simply stupid to the point of being funny. :lol:

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

how do you people have such awesome ideas for making names :D I need to think of some names for potential OCs, too. :3

J. van Deijck

okay so here's the list of the most moronic band names ever. some are even funny, though :lol: I just think there should be a warning by this link for more sensitive people.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Peinture Paix said:

Yeeesss, The lovely song about eating ducklings.  It's only ever to be serious to PETA.~ That transition with the pig is hilarious too. Their song Der Kleine Vampir is just as serious too.:P

Ja, the best interpretation of that children’s song I’ve ever heard x’D

Whenever I hear of PETA I always think about that one South Park episode “Douche and Turd” :lol:

Honestly, does anyone take PETA seriously beside they themselves? I think that whole organisation is real life satire. 

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

*tries not to laugh* XD

10 hours ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

how do you people have such awesome ideas for making names :D I need to think of some names for potential OCs, too. :3

What have you gotten down so far for names?

10 hours ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

okay so here's the list of the most moronic band names ever. some are even funny, though :lol: I just think there should be a warning by this link for more sensitive people.

It's so weird, because some of these bands that were named, I know of lol. :lol: I really loved 1, 5, 6 (Broken Penis Orchestra OMG), 10, 20 really made me tear up, 21, 26, 32, and 37. 

I know these aren't band names, but there are some really funny rapper names too. There's Lil' Scrappy, Waka Flocka Flame, P. Diddy, Peanut Butter Wolf, and Lil Yachty.

5 hours ago, Antihero. said:

Whenever I hear of PETA I always think about that one South Park episode “Douche and Turd” :lol:

Honestly, does anyone take PETA seriously beside they themselves? I think that whole organisation is real life satire. 

Oh no, I remember this episode! :lol: I even remember the part where he introduces Stan to his step-daughter Theresa, that part really killed me. As much as I love animals, I can't  really take PETA very seriously either. I feel using Pathos as a way to get a point across with an audience these days isn't really the best way to go, unless one would know how to really pull a few heart strings.

I'm not sure if the direction we pulled this thread towards was intended, or if it was just an "anything goes" type of situation, but my face and stomach hurts because of this thread, and I love it.:D

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Peinture Paix said:

Oh no, I remember this episode! :lol: I even remember the part where he introduces Stan to his step-daughter Theresa, that part really killed me. As much as I love animals, I can't  really take PETA very seriously either. I feel using Pathos as a way to get a point across with an audience these days isn't really the best way to go, unless one would know how to really pull a few heart strings.

I'm not sure if the direction we pulled this thread towards was intended, or if it was just an "anything goes" type of situation, but my face and stomach hurts because of this thread, and I love it.:D

Or the scene where Stan is tied to a horse in a really bad state and they kick him off and accuse him of abusing the horse :lol:

I generally dislike every kind of campaign that tries to emotionally manipulate people or only tries to appeal to their emotions rather than giving them facts and information without trying to guilt trip and manipulate them.
Appealing to emotions and attempts to guilt trip me personally have never worked; it just made me angry that they even tried to manipulate me with such a cheap, idiotic method and thought I would be stupid enough to buy it.
But what I even hated more were attempted emotional manipulations that happened back in school, an institution that is supposed to educate students by using facts and is supposed to be objective and not supposed to use  disgusting/sad/shocking pictures accompanied with sad violin music to get their own point across.

It’s a chat thread so I think everything goes :D