Can you be asexual but have a sexual fetish?

Sarah-Sylvia

@AsexOwlhave you considered finding a partner based around deeper connections than fetishes?  Just curious, since usually love wouldn't be coming from these things.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

@AsexOwlhave you considered finding a partner based around deeper connections than fetishes?  Just curious, since usually love wouldn't be coming from these things.

@Sarah-SylviaOut of naïveté, I tried to earn love by placating fetishes. I’m older now and am okay with giving up.

Sarah-Sylvia
22 minutes ago, AsexOwl said:

@Sarah-SylviaOut of naïveté, I tried to earn love by placating fetishes. I’m older now and am okay with giving up.

You can keep open to finding someone that you like even if you don't 'bank' on it. Well, as long as you focus on your happiness in whatever case :)

• 5 months later...

Ive got a fetish for one or two particular acts of BDSM which i gain physical arousal from (erections), but they dont involve sex & I have ZERO desire for sex. Ever. I consider myself to be on the asexual spectrum, as someone without any desire for "partnered sex".

I hold romantic relationships in very high regard, to the extend that id consider myself to have a "Romantic Orientation".

On 6/17/2018 at 5:21 AM, everywhere and nowhere said:

I think it's possible, particularly if you define asexuality as "not experiencing desire for partnered sex" rather than "not finding any gender sexually attractive". Asexuals with a libido have some forms of sexual feelings - it's just that our outlet for them is not partnered sex, but rather fantasies, self-pleasuring... It's important insofar as sexuality is a continuum (I have no issues with that, my fantasies being somewhere on one spectrum with partnered sex doesn't mean that I "actually desire" the latter or that I should feel obliged to "try" all parts of the continuum), but due to social expectations people are being told that partnered sex is the greatest part of this spectrum, that it's impossible for anyone to permanently find it unpleasant... And yet this continuum may be fractured, not everyone experiences all parts of it - and for libidoist asexuals the continuity just breaks before the desire to have partnered sex. I hate being told that we are "missing out", "objectively missing out" (I don't even believe in objectivity) - it is anyway not possible to have every possible experience, and the the sexuality continuum is beautiful enough in its discontinuities, the various ways individual people experience it. Partnered sex is not the pinnacle of sexuality.

Im somewhat new to this community site, but ive seen lots of your responses to people's questions.

I agree with just about everything I've seen you say.

Just wanted to give a thumbs up👍🏻.

....and some 🍰

• 2 months later...

I don't know if most of fetishes count as sexual, because it's normally just aesthetic pleasure, but I have a certain clothes-related fetish. I don't know why, but I like when women wear long sleeve t-shirts and shorts (fetish moment only happens when women are wearing this, not men). This style looks certainly... cute (instant blush LOL).