New Project Team member needed: Dedicated Research Contact: Nominations

Kelly

We are now taking nominations for a PT member for the office of Dedicated Research Contact.

The Project Team is in charge of visibility projects on AVEN. For more information about what the Project Team does, please see this link:

http://avenpt.tumblr.com/projectteam

Possible Project Team activities include:

- dealing with AVEN's media and research requests,

- managing resources,

- giving help to others with their visibility projects.

All PT positions have a duration of 2 years. If anyone steps down in that time, a new election will be held and the replacement will have a new term of 2 years.

The office that we are presently in need of is:

Dedicated Research Contact

Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this position are to coordinate with researchers wanting to recruit research participants from AVEN, and to implement AVEN's policies for researchers. Responsibilities include briefing other members of the PT as to the research responsibilities of the PT; acting as the default mediator between the PT and any researcher who wishes to recruit from AVEN; starting votes on research requests, or ensuring that another PT member does this; be responsible for overseeing updates to the research policy, as and when appropriate.

Requirements: The DRC must have a familiarity with the existing research literature on the subject of asexuality and a sound grasp of the field of online research ethics. The DRC must be able to coordinate with researchers of a wide variety of views on various issues. Ideally, the DRC should have or be in the last year of obtaining a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field (i.e., a field that involves research with human subjects), but exceptions may be made for candidates with otherwise outstanding qualifications.

If you think that you would be an awesome AVEN Project Team Member, please throw you hat, turnip, whatever, in here.

Eligibility rules include: a person must have been a member for at least 6 months, and have at least 100 posts that are not in the Just For Fun or Welcome Area forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning. The eligibility criteria for PT are precisely the same as that for an Admod. A bio is required by voting time. Election rules are here:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/ 

You can run for only one office at a time.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 14 September to Thursday, 21 September: Nominations.

Thursday, 21 September to Sunday, 25 September: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 25 September to Sunday, 2 October: Voting.

This is an important position for visibility and education, so I encourage anyone who believes strongly in the role and meets the qualifications to run. :cake: This could be an excellent opportunity for people in academia to get experience in that realm.

@Pramana seems like a natural for this: academic background hence knows how to liaise with researchers, familiar with the relevant literature already, and displays a high level of interest in the science of asexuality. (Not always understanding of the perspective of sexuals, but that's not relevant to this position.)

I'm kind of tentatively considering this, although my degree was in Biochemistry which may not be relevant enough?

2 minutes ago, sea-lemon said:

I'm kind of tentatively considering this, although my degree was in Biochemistry which may not be relevant enough?

tenor.gif

11 minutes ago, sea-lemon said:

I believe in you ❤️

Good luck to everyone considering this :cake: 

10 minutes ago, sea-lemon said:

Do it anyway!

Ok sure, I'll give it a go, I imagine someone'll tell me if it turns out I'm not suitable ^_^

2 hours ago, sea-lemon said:

No worries about that, I don't have a social sciences degree either and was allowed to run. I think the important bit is to have an idea about science. Great you're going for it!! :):cake:

(Ah, and I'm also not so sure if biochemistry is not relevant to asexuality research. There could be a more biological take to it, although not so common in research projects I've seen.)

*Looks at calender*

Still need 2 months to past when tomorrow hits... In 6 mins...

Archived