New Moderator Member Needed: Gender and Open Mic: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the Moderator for the Gender and Open Mic forums, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

You can only run for one office at a time.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 14 September to Thursday, 21 September: Nominations.

Thursday, 21 September to Sunday, 25 September: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 25 September to Sunday, 2 October: Voting.

I encourage anyone who's interested to throw their hat into the ring. :cake:

Misaki would love to run as an admod at some point, though I confess I don't know a lot about gender except for some taxonomies :blush: though I'd be eager to learn *hides*

('-'...... '-')........ ('-')...... I would if I could..... But maybe someday soon my dream of running in a Mod Election will come... Otherwise I'll spectate... *Sits in chair and eats popcorn*

Oooh!! Good luck to anyone considering running!!! :D Open Mic was a joy to moderate. And while I didn't mod Gender, I know it's full of lovely people. :cake: 

I don´t have the nervs for it sorry.

6 hours ago, Kyon. said:

I agree with Shia LaBeouf. 

Shia Surprise! Me too.

5 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

Are you sure????? 

1 minute ago, Snao Çoñé said:

Are you sure????? 

Yes i am way to weak or what to say for it sorry.

Plus i dont have enough knowledge about it either.

7 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

Yes i am way to weak or what to say for it sorry.

Plus i dont have enough knowledge about it either.

Admods are very supportive, and the Training Team is awesome. It's fine if you don't want to, but if you're ever willing to take a shot you will have the whole staff behind you to make you the best mod you can be. :)

1 minute ago, Snao Çoñé said:

Admods are very supportive, and the Training Team is awesome. It's fine if you don't want to, but if you're ever willing to take a shot you will have the whole staff behind you to make you the best mod you can be. :)

Thanks we will see in the future.

Both of these are important sub-forums - open mic for contributing to a homely and welcoming atmosphere among members, and gender for focusing on a very complex and hard-to-grasp (for me at least) aspect of human nature and/or nurture. I'm looking forward to a new addition to the admods team that is able and willing to moderate these forums with respect to their relative tone.

Good luck ^_^

Good luck to all running! ^_^ Just don't let the elite Illuminati people corrupt your good conscience. 

12 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

You're not alone! I feel the same way, a bit like :ph34r:.  I'm not very confident or experienced in operating the technical side of computers. Plus, I'm not familiar with the vibes or regulars of the "Open Mic" forum, so I wouldn't feel comfortable being a mod of a forum I'm not familiar with.

6 hours ago, Snao Çoñé said:

I just have to give my full agreement to this.

I've only been a mod for a few weeks now and the rest of the admods and TT have all been so helpful and supportive. 

Everyone has been more than willing to answer my questions (however silly I thought they might be) and help me out with stuff. The whole team has been very supportive if/when I've done anything wrong and gave me guidance on what I should do.

I can understand why people might be a bit apprehensive, but it's a very good environment to learn in and a lot of stuff is actually less complicated than I imagined it would be.

Even if you don't fancy giving it a go this time, I'd definitely recommend having a crack at it in the future! :lol:

9 hours ago, Kyon. said:

I just have to give my full agreement to this.

I've only been a mod for a few weeks now and the rest of the admods and TT have all been so helpful and supportive. 

Everyone has been more than willing to answer my questions (however silly I thought they might be) and help me out with stuff. The whole team has been very supportive if/when I've done anything wrong and gave me guidance on what I should do.

I can understand why people might be a bit apprehensive, but it's a very good environment to learn in and a lot of stuff is actually less complicated than I imagined it would be.

Even if you don't fancy giving it a go this time, I'd definitely recommend having a crack at it in the future! :lol:

I would like to do it sometime. Maybe not in this subforum yet. I don't know enough about the subject in question.

I second what Kyon. said! I joined at the time there were no trainers but when you could buddy up with a team mate and learn from them..however the trainers have been really nice and no question is too weird or silly for them when i was in the team for years and i had a concern no matter how weird or angry i was sounding i always got a good answer from them i learned alot from, same counts for the team mates i worked with..trust me, you don't have to be super experienced or perfect to be a mod, the passion to do it is the only thing that counts.. running for it is always fun and you can learn alot from that too..but you're absolutly right @Kimmie.  only do it when you're ready for it, you know yourself best! *hugs*

Archived