And now I can breathe a huge sigh of relief...

SweetPea

Don't worry, Oogie, when I was a kid everyone was about that stupid 'Bloody Mary' thing in the mirror and that STILL gets to me sometimes.

Cate

The electricity always goes out on me in the least opportune moments, like while I'm in the middle of a video game, or when I'm in the bathroom. :?

If it's daytime, thunderstorms rock!!!! :D

But I hate thunderstorms at night, because if the power goes out, there's a chance I'll get caught in a dark room with mirrors, and that's one of the top things on my phobia list :shock:

Explanation: When I was six, a friend told me that if you look in the mirror and the room's pitch black, your reflection will come out of the mirror and chop off your head :roll: It's ridiculous and irrational, I know, but still... it's amazing how stuff like that can stick with you!!!!

Candyman...

sorry--nevermind. :P :mrgreen:

Back when I lived in northern Colorado we had afternoon thunderstorms nearly twice a week in the summer. I miss them too, and the way they clear the air (I miss perpetually fresh air for that matter). Here we get them twice a year if that... Summer rain too...we don't have that here either, except for this past summer with the funky weather, and humidity.

Power outages sucked of course but usually they were only for a couple seconds...enough to **** up what you're doing on the computer of course. :evil:

Don't worry, Oogie, when I was a kid everyone was about that stupid 'Bloody Mary' thing in the mirror and that STILL gets to me sometimes.

Cate

Wh... what's that? :shock:

Candyman...

sorry--nevermind.

Whaaat?!! You're just going to let me sit here dying of curiosity?!! :? I DEMAND to know what that was about!!!!!! (stamps her foot) (looks agitated and irritable) *PMS* *PMS* *PMS*

:mrgreen: *hee*

Oh, God, how did that go?...

You were supposed to look into a mirror in a dark room and say 'Bloody Mary' three times (and do something else I can't recall) and then the face of Mary, Queen of Scots covered in blood would appear in the mirror. Stupid as shit, but freaked me out all the same. Did anyone else have this ridiculous things going around their school?

Cate

The "Candyman" thing is from a movie (titled Candyman. Original, huh?). Stare at a mirror and say Candyman 5 times. Then Candyman (a tall man with a hook for a hand) appears and kills you. Very freaky movie.

Oh, welcome, sweetpea. :mrgreen:

Did anyone else have this ridiculous things going around their school?

Yeah, I did, and it did freak me out, even though I really didn't want to believe it....

cate, i was thinking that exact thing when oogie was talking about her phobia! weird. i still don't like it. if i'm in a dark room with a mirror (granted it doesn't happen often), i can't stop my stupid inner voice from obnoxiously starting to chant "bloody mary, bloody mary..." i'm like shut up!

oogie, how many mirrors do you have in your house? ^_^ the way you said it made me think of a dark room with hundreds of mirrors, hehe. mirrors are creepy anyway, in the dark or not. O.O

I sorta find scary things to some extent exciting as well, as there is this sense of unknown. Mirrors do freak me out in the dark, but it's like I enjoy that feeling of fear, not really knowing what is going on or what is going to happen. Also looking into a mirror seems to me like you're looking into a whole different world, just behind the glass, really close yet untouchable.... And then I get to thinking, what if all the mirror worlds were really connected, even where mirrors don't exist....

OH!! I remember one of those stories from when I was a kid!

This is how it went: When the clock hit midnight on Christmas eve, the Devil would grab you and drag you to Hell if you were in a closet in a dark room.

I wanted to try it, but my friend kept freaking out :?

Oh, LOVELY!! Now I have even MORE things to be scared of in dark rooms with mirrors :evil: And dark rooms with closets, too!! Thanks a freakin' bunch!! *fume* *fume*

(sends everybody mirrors and burnt-out lightbulbs for christmas) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

DUDE!

I love thunderstorms and power outages!

THEY RULE! In fact, we had a campus wide power outage at sunset not too long ago....lasted for about 2 hours! SOOOO FUN!

It was the coolest time EVER! SOOOO FUN!

I think there should be more!

Archived