organising an ace meeting within a pride event (Dalarna)

Jea

This is mostly a how-to question, which is why I didn't post it within the world pride subforum. Feel free to move it though of course :)

I'm going to participate in a pride event in Dalarna (Sweden), and the last time I was there, I vaguely met two aces, but that was two years ago. I'm here mostly asking for advice. Should I try to organise a small ace gathering before by posting in the facebook event, or by posting on AVEN? Or should I just try to meet them there? I'll try to wear ace colours but still the chance of finding them early in the parade seems slim. Any advice?

It's not a huge pride, at the moment 400 people are 'going' and 1000 are 'interested' in the facebook event, but statistically that's enough to have 10-15 aces and it would be nice to meet beforehand and walk together.

(PS: if you are reading this and are coming to Dalapride pleaaase PM me :cake: )

Would be fun but it is a bit to long to travel just for one day. Sorry.

NoLongerActive1234

I think it would be a good idea to post on here or Facebook then to see if anyone is interested in meeting up first because yeah it does sound like it would be tricky to find one another otherwise. Maybe pick a cafe close by to have some fika orsomething just to get everyone in the same spot first? :)

On 04/09/2017 at 0:59 PM, Kimmie. said:

Would be fun but it is a bit to long to travel just for one day. Sorry.

On 04/09/2017 at 5:39 PM, Deus Ex Infinity said:

I'd like to join but living too away :/

too bad! But I know the feel, I'm going because I only need my bike for it, but I never travelled just for pride.

On 04/09/2017 at 1:20 PM, MistySpring said:

I think it would be a good idea to post on here or Facebook then to see if anyone is interested in meeting up first because yeah it does sound like it would be tricky to find one another otherwise. Maybe pick a cafe close by to have some fika orsomething just to get everyone in the same spot first? :)

That sounds good! I have posted in a few different places and am waiting for people to react. If I do manage to get a few people, I'll organise fika before! If not, I'll just arrive wearing ace colours as much as possible and try to find other people similarly dressed :P Thanks for the advice :cake: *inserts kanelbulle emoji*

Archived