do you wear the "asexual ring"?

MelMart

I keep mine on a chain and wear it as a necklace. If I'm at work then it rests under my shirt, but at home or elsewhere I allow it to be visible. I'm so glad I went ahead and bought it a few months ago - it's the best inexpensive I've gotten myself recently! :) 

Extroverted Introvert

I thought about it for a while and just decided to start wearing one. I ordered this really cute ring off Amazon. It is all black and has a little knot on the top. I am excited to start wearing it! I don't really care if people recognize it or not. I do feel that with the people I work with there is a real possibility that someone will recognize it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having trouble working out how to upload the pic of my snazzy new ring, and the almighty Google has failed to point me to a page on AVEN that answers the question accurately.  Anyone able to lend a hand?

12 hours ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

@WWIFlyingAce Imgur is the best place to upload, just upload, then copy the photo code to here.

Oh sweet, thanks! :D

I didn't even know this was a thing! I really like rainbows though...dang that one had to be taken, ahhaha. Maybe a black cake ring? Dark chocolate- devil food cake? Mmmm...cake....

I

I wear one but mine is simple crochet black cotton n I wear it all the time. No one has noticed it where I'm from but maybe some will n not hit on me anymore. Maybe my family will get off my case about getting a boyfriend. N I hate it when ppl feel sorry for me bc I'm single.  So when I ever get asked that question I say I'm single by choice. N I am very happy by myself.  Thank you.

WWIFlyingAce
4 hours ago, Pagan love said:

I wear one but mine is simple crochet black cotton n I wear it all the time. No one has noticed it where I'm from but maybe some will n not hit on me anymore. Maybe my family will get off my case about getting a boyfriend. N I hate it when ppl feel sorry for me bc I'm single.  So when I ever get asked that question I say I'm single by choice. N I am very happy by myself.  Thank you.

Right?  I hate it when people think being single is the most tragic thing ever and we must be lonely and depressed, (well, I am depressed, but not because I'm single!).  I've only ever had one relationship in my life (before I knew I was ace) and the day we broke up was the happiest I'd been in a really long time.

I absolutely adore my best friend, but she broke up with her previous boyfriend about three weeks ago and decided she was going to stay single for a while to focus on herself.  As of last week, she's found a new guy that she's interested in dating, and they've been talking to one another non-stop.  I'm a little bit worried about her getting hurt, given how upset she was over her previous breakup.  I'm concerned she's moving on too fast in an effort to get rid of the pain, but I don't know how to tell her that without sounding unsupportive and negative.  Sexuals make everything so complicated!

• 2 weeks later...
Celyn: The Lutening

I got mine as a keeper for another ring I liked (silver with blue stones) that didn't come in my size, before I knew it was an ace symbol. Wore it on the right finger and everything! It's fate. Now I wear it on it's own sometimes - it's a very thin tungsten carbide band - super subtle, and I wear a lot of goth-y jewellery anyway, so nobody will look twice unless they're in on it.

Trolley Girl

I’ve had mine for about 7 and a half years now!  Not only that, but I have added 2 other black rings - One on my right little finger and another on my left index!

MajesticDragon

I really want a black ring but I don't know where to buy one. If u know any stores that have them please let me know.

Celyn: The Lutening
2 hours ago, MajesticDragon said:

I really want a black ring but I don't know where to buy one. If u know any stores that have them please let me know.

https://www.envyjewellery.net/ProductView.aspx?vCode=2475S&cat=2&subCat=7&disStart=16&pgTot=26&curPg=3&pgSort=0

This is mine. I thought it was tungsten carbide but it appears I was wrong. Way shinier in person than it looks here.

I do! It's a simple black band with a silver ace of spades on it. I wear it pretty much daily, unless I have work (I work part-time at a restaurant and don't want to damage the finish). No one has ever identified me by it, but that's okay, because I wear it mostly for me-- although it would be neat to have someone recognize it!

MyOwnMercury

Yes I found one, I love it

E Wildflower

I've been wearing an ace ring for about a month and a half. I have an ace friend IRL who also wears one and noticed mine pretty quickly. Another friend once asked me "I like your ring. Does it have a meaning?" which makes me think that she knew what it was. Both of those people knew I was questioning my asexuality previously, so I suppose I wasn't identified solely by my ring, but I still think it's cool that people noticed.

ScriptLove95

I’ve worn mine for almost 2 years now. No one has ever recognized it, but I like having it as a little daily reminder that I know who I am. I’m not always 100% ok with my “ace-ness”, but seeing my ring everyday reminds me to be proud about who I am. 

• 4 weeks later...

Going solo to Toronto on Monday and plan on wearing my ring. I feel that if someone in the city does ask me about it, it won't be a big deal. The rest of the time I'm sure I'd feel uncomfortable explaining the significance of the ring and why I'm wearing it.

I know it sounds cowardly but it's just how I feel about it.

Nope, I don't.

I don't wear rings at all and it would be very uncomfortable for me. And I'm very skeptic about it being useful.

I'm too busy right now to read the whole thread. Anyone has been successfully recognized?

I have a 'service' ring from my former employer, so wearing a ring isn't a big deal for me.

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/21/2018 at 12:47 PM, Masterman said:

Nope, I don't.

I don't wear rings at all and it would be very uncomfortable for me. And I'm very skeptic about it being useful.

I'm too busy right now to read the whole thread. Anyone has been successfully recognized?

Sort of, it's actually a funny story. Both my parents know I'm ace, and my mom must have read something about ace rings without mentioning it to me, because one day I was in my family room with my parents, and my mom asked me, "Are you a wearer of symbolism with your ring?" and I said something like, "Yeah, it's an ace pride thing," and then my dad turned to my mom and said, "Told you." Apparently my mom had thought I was coincidentally wearing an ace ring without knowing what it was; I don't know why she would have believed in such a big coincidence, especially for someone like me who's super proud to be ace, but she must have. This was months ago but I still 

find it amusing.

I wear mine all the time. The only time I don't is when I know I'm going to be doing a lot of physical activities, cause my hands swell up a lot. Other than that, I wear it all the time and no one has ever commented on it. There's only been one time that I saw someone on my college campus wearing one and I don't know if they're ace or only wearing it for fashion.

EngineeRaven

I wear mine everyday. I don't really take rings off, because I fear I might lose them. ^^' No-one identified me by it so far, and neither have I seen anyone with one.

Bronztrooper

I don't have an Ace ring.  I do want to wear one, though, but I'm also not a person that's really fond of wearing jewelry.

8 hours ago, MaeveTheRaven said:

I wear mine everyday. I don't really take rings off, because I fear I might lose them. ^^' No-one identified me by it so far, and neither have I seen anyone with one.

I'm not 'into' checking for rings on fingers, so an ace would have to wave their hand in front of my face for me to notice.

EngineeRaven
22 minutes ago, will123 said:

I'm not 'into' checking for rings on fingers, so an ace would have to wave their hand in front of my face for me to notice.

I took on the habit of checking it since I learned what it means. :D

I wish I wore mine more, but I get self-conscious about it. I really only wear it when I go to bed or sometimes at school.

verymelancholic

I would really want to wear one but I don’t have one. Besides, I don’t want anyone to know the truth.

• 4 weeks later...
Dark Heart

I do! I do!! *waves hand enthusiastically*

I wear mine every day whether I leave the house or not. It is apart of my waking up routine --> Wake up. Put on rings. Turn on phone. Contemplate breakfast...etc. I started wearing them as soon as I started identifying as ace. They are a reminder of who I am, of the fact that I have finally found myself. I don't care if anyone else recognizes what it means. No one really noticed the change because I'm usually wearing head-to-toe black anyways.

I'm currently wearing a pair of ace rings that I made myself - single strands of black beads on clear cord, stacked on top of each other. I've been hunting for others that I can wear (definitely going to start a collection). It is surprisingly difficult to find rings that come in half sizes, but I've managed to find a few.

At the top of my list is this little beauty. --> 61jn-paWksL._UY695_.jpg

I'm just waiting until I either have enough money saved up or until a gift-giving holiday arrives.

Archived