do you wear the "asexual ring"?

MelMart

5 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

I may need a new medical id tag soon , and maybe want to get a new bracelet . May I know where you got this from ? I want to copy you and get it too lol :) I hope you don't mind !!

On the contrary, I'm quite flattered :D I got mine on etsy from this seller: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1391088334

I just asked the seller if they could do a custom length and attach two lobster clasps, one on each end, and he was very amenable!  I expect if you wanted though, especially if your ID tag doesn't need flipping over to get more information, that you could just get the bracelet fitted to your wrist, and attach the tag on top of the rings.  I used to have a band strap that worked that way.

2 minutes ago, dragon_nerd said:

Metal rings are hard to break, particularly if they are plain bands. I have to spot paint mine with nail polish every once in a while but other than that it's been pretty durable. 

Oh I would manage. I would accidentally melt it or something.

arekathevampyre
2 minutes ago, WWIFlyingAce said:

On the contrary, I'm quite flattered :D I got mine on etsy from this seller: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1391088334

I just asked the seller if they could do a custom length and attach two lobster clasps, one on each end, and he was very amenable!  I expect if you wanted though, especially if your ID tag doesn't need flipping over to get more information, that you could just get the bracelet fitted to your wrist, and attach the tag on top of the rings.  I used to have a band strap that worked that way.

Oh cool !! Thanks !! :) 

Oh no !! I can't view it without an account !! :(

4 minutes ago, Tintinfan said:

Oh I would manage. I would accidentally melt it or something.

my cheep one has been good so far, and it's only made out of some unknown metal that is high in copper. 

I used to wear my black ring everywhere, but I stopped after a year or so. It was never really noticed, nor did I notice anyone else wearing one.

My problem was that the ring I had didn't really look good when I wore it. I saw an old picture of myself the other day where I had the ring on, and it just seemed so...incongruous. Maybe if I could source another of a more aesthetically-inclined design...but I get by just fine without, personally.

arekathevampyre
14 minutes ago, dragon_nerd said:

my cheep one has been good so far, and it's only made out of some unknown metal that is high in copper. 

That's rare !! 👍👍👍

4 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

That's rare !! 👍👍👍

The metal is holding up better than the nail polish 

arekathevampyre
5 minutes ago, dragon_nerd said:

The metal is holding up better than the nail polish 

hahaha nail polish is always chipping idk why 

2 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

Oh cool !! Thanks !! :) 

Oh no !! I can't view it without an account !! :(

How peculiar!  Here, try this link, I logged out of my account and accessed it without being signed in. https://www.etsy.com/listing/449714372/ace-spiral-bracelet?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=asexual bracelet&ref=sr_gallery-3-2

Sooo... I have no self-control, and I love swag.  I switched my spinner ring to my left hand, and got a thin black gun-steel band with the word "ace" engraved in white.  I'm joining the black band club, fellow cake-lovers!

arekathevampyre
51 minutes ago, WWIFlyingAce said:

thanks !! :) Looks good :D

StreetlightDawn

@arekathevampyre

Right?! I checked around their Etsy and anything in my size was sold out. 

But! I did buy a thin black onyx ring today and hopefully I can follow up up with a purple agate one eventually. :)

arekathevampyre
13 minutes ago, StreetlightDawn said:

@arekathevampyre

Right?! I checked around their Etsy and anything in my size was sold out. 

But! I did buy a thin black onyx ring today and hopefully I can follow up up with a purple agate one eventually. :)

Oh no !! :(

But don't give up !! You'll find that pretty agate ring someday :)

I got my ring on Amazon, have had it for around 3 months now. I don't even notice it half the time, the paint is starting to strip now but it is not noticeable yet.

6 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

woah how did it even happened ? :D

Well, she had her eyes on it for a long time and then she couldn't resist anymore. She just took it and kept it. xD

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPvNqLddZEAWNAU-ZCTyS

arekathevampyre
7 minutes ago, neptunian_x said:

Well, she had her eyes on it for a long time and then she couldn't resist anymore. She just took it and kept it. xD

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPvNqLddZEAWNAU-ZCTyS

Hahaha But I am glad you didn't blame her lol

I got this black ring and am happy with its minimal look and the contrast between the matte surface and glossy edges. It's the most durable metal  nothing scuffs it, and I've tried. There's no paint on the surface, just black metal to the core. So if you want a durable ring, tungsten carbide is awesome.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pure-Black-Tungsten-Carbide-Ring-Brushed-Finish-Band-Durable-Scratch-Free/332357858951

arekathevampyre
1 minute ago, nimbus said:

tungsten carbide

I heard that this material is way stronger than titanium . Just wondering : is it true ?

Just now, arekathevampyre said:

I heard that this material is way stronger than titanium . Just wondering : is it true ?

Yep. Tungsten carbide, plain tungsten, and titanium are all different things. Apparently, tungsten carbide can basically only be crafted with diamond tools, and it can break under very high impacts. It's used in tunnel boring machines for the drill tips!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tungsten_carbide

arekathevampyre
1 minute ago, nimbus said:

Yep. Tungsten carbide, plain tungsten, and titanium are all different things. Apparently, tungsten carbide can basically only be crafted with diamond tools, and it can break under very high impacts. It's used in tunnel boring machines for the drill tips!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tungsten_carbide

Cool !! :D Thanks for the explaination :)

@Tintinfan, the black bands on Amazon are Tungsten Carbide and really are almost unbreakable. They'll survive any impact which wouldn't otherwise break your hand. 

9 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

sorry you had such an experience . 

Maybe you can wear an ace ring on a necklace as a pendant instead ? 

I have ever gotten rings stuck on my finger too and I used soap and water to get it off though it hurt a lot !!

Yes, the necklace idea isn't bad at all! I don't often wear jewels but I will be fun to have a way of indentifying myself. It'll be interesting to see if anyone notices. Thank you, it hadn't occured to me I could wear a ring on a neckalce hehe...

arekathevampyre
24 minutes ago, OrangeSky said:

Yes, the necklace idea isn't bad at all! I don't often wear jewels but I will be fun to have a way of indentifying myself. It'll be interesting to see if anyone notices. Thank you, it hadn't occured to me I could wear a ring on a neckalce hehe...

You are welcome !! :)

glad I am of some help ;)

arekathevampyre
23 minutes ago, OrangeSky said:

oops... I don't know what happened, sorry

you can ask a mod to remove the extra posts :)

arekathevampyre

I have a question : my titanium ring is too tight for my ring finger but a little loose for my pinky (it will not slip off except during shower which irritate and scares me - what if it breaks ?) 

Should I continue wearing it on my pinky or put it on a chain ? Currently wearing a necklace so it is inconvenient . And maybe a bracelet will work but how to go about doing it ? Ughh .... Frustration !!!! :(

On January 27, 2018 at 3:01 PM, Cnyb said:

WOW, Almond Tort you say... I love almonds, sounds AMAZING.  mmmmmmm......  I might have to visit Pittsburgh.

I greatly apologize; I completely missed your post! :o:redface: But yes, it is definitely an amazing cake! 

On February 7, 2018 at 12:26 PM, StreetlightDawn said:

I don't care if no one know what it stands for. I know.

That is what is most important! :) 

On February 7, 2018 at 4:10 PM, dragon_nerd said:

Depends on what it's made from, the biggest worry I have with mine is losing it

Exactly! That is why, for me, if I decide I am going to wear it in public, I will keep it on at all times rather taking it off and putting it in my pocket. ;) 

16 minutes ago, PittAce92 said:

I greatly apologize; I completely missed your post! :o:redface: But yes, it is definitely an amazing cake! 

Apology humbly accepted.  You may have a slice of cake.  :cake:

Archived