do you wear the "asexual ring"?

MelMart

I bought my first one a few weeks ago! Before that I wore one that a friend helped me make since I didn't have the money. It was crappy but I loved it

18 minutes ago, Saint Nicole, said:

I was searching for a black ring everywhere! The ones on Etsy were too expensive or very deficient quality, so while I was in Amsterdam, I found one. It's perfect. It's not all black; it's a silver band with a beautiful black opal on it. I love that when I look down it reminds me to stay true to myself, soon I am going to get a band tattooed on my middle finger. :wub:

I was thinking of tattooing the band as well!!!! Ah, that's so cute.

18 minutes ago, Linney said:

I bought my first one a few weeks ago! Before that I wore one that a friend helped me make since I didn't have the money. It was crappy but I loved it

That's adorable, I love it. <3

21 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

I don't because I don't want people to know my sexuality (I've mostly heard bad things come out of people being open about their asexuality) or mistake me for a swinger. Swingers wear a simple black band on the other hand, but on the same finger.

Lol. Many asexuals dread being confused with a swinger. If I get asked if I'm a swinger I'll just say "no". I don't see what the big deal is.

2 minutes ago, MelMart said:

I was thinking of tattooing the band as well!!!! Ah, that's so cute.

ommmg tattoo idea twiinz :cake::)

I don't wear an ace ring because I'm not really into rings or black. I do wear a bracelet in the ace flag colours though, because it would be great if another ace saw and recognised it.

weethreequarter
1 minute ago, Elden said:

I don't wear an ace ring because I'm not really into rings or black. I do wear a bracelet in the ace flag colours though, because it would be great if another ace saw and recognised it.

I don't currently wear a ring, but have considered it because, like a lot of people have mentioned, I like the idea of feeling part of the community. But I don't really wear a lot of jewellery at all, other than a watch. And rings can be impractical for me with the amount of time I spend washing my hands (thanks anxiety...) so just today I was considering a bracelet in the ace flag colours which I could wear beside my watch.

Yup :3 I have three that I switch around (four if I find the one I lost :/ ), the idea of starting a collection appeals to me.

1 hour ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

I don't because I don't want people to know my sexuality (I've mostly heard bad things come out of people being open about their asexuality) or mistake me for a swinger. Swingers wear a simple black band on the other hand, but on the same finger.

Oh god. That's definitely not what I want it to be mistaken for. xD

Alejandrogynous

I have one, I don't wear it often just because I don't wear much jewelry and I end up fiddling with it more than anything. Sometimes I wear it just to feel handsome. ;)

Nobody has recognized it for an ace thing but I don't do it for that - plus I have an ace tattoo that gets enough attention anyway.

I have one :3 & a small Spade Ace stud earring (well, actually have one of each suit but tend to wear the spade more often) 🙂

I've been looking at them online. I already wear a band on my right ring finger, so I wonder if they would clash. I do have a little playing card lapel pin, an Ace of Hearts.

1 hour ago, JMichael said:

I've been looking at them online. I already wear a band on my right ring finger, so I wonder if they would clash. I do have a little playing card lapel pin, an Ace of Hearts.

That sounds really cute!

Unfortunately, when I wear my black ace band, I can't wear rings on nearby fingers because they're too close together when I write. But yeah, my rings are bulky so maybe it's that.

I'd never wear an ace ring. I'd have to wear three.

*crickets*

:unsure: No I don't, but I'm thinking of doing so for grad day. I'm hoping the ace group at my uni will have a booth. 

7 hours ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

Swingers wear a simple black band on the other hand, but on the same finger.

We have our rings on the middle finger of the right hand, swingers have their rings on any finger of the right hand except the middle finger (in respect to us).

http://www.lifestylerings.com/faqs.html

I have two that I switch between depending on which one I can find first on any given day. Most of the rest of the Scottish ace group wear one too, so it feels like a really nice subtle community thing, wearing it out and about reminds me that I have somewhere I belong ^_^

4 hours ago, sea-lemon said:

I have two that I switch between depending on which one I can find first on any given day. Most of the rest of the Scottish ace group wear one too, so it feels like a really nice subtle community thing, wearing it out and about reminds me that I have somewhere I belong ^_^

That's really sweet!

41 minutes ago, MelMart said:

That's really sweet!

Thanks ^_^

I don't but I've been considering getting one. The problem with me and rings is that I knock them against things. Maybe if it was one that was just beads and stretchy, although I think the colors of the Ace flag would be cool on it. New DIY project perhaps? It might be easier than the blanket I planned on doing but don't know how to yet. 

I don't often wear rings (I'm pretty much an earrings-only person), but I do now have a black one that I wear when I'm not at work (I wear no jewelry at all at work...it's a safety thing).

1 hour ago, Purple_Panda said:

I don't but I've been considering getting one. The problem with me and rings is that I knock them against things. Maybe if it was one that was just beads and stretchy, although I think the colors of the Ace flag would be cool on it. New DIY project perhaps? It might be easier than the blanket I planned on doing but don't know how to yet. 

You can also wear a pin or get a ring that wont scratch. I know how to make the beads one!

There are millions of things you can do. I also painted my nails as the ace flag once. ^_^

i5c39t.jpg

everywhere and nowhere

Unfortunately, I can't. I have quite severe allergy, usually I have some small scratches and wounds on my hands too and so I almost always wear cotton gloves outdoors. I'm so used to it that I feel very strange if I'm outdoors without gloves.

Now, any ring on a glove is not very comfortable, and a black ring on a black glove is simply invisible...

2 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Unfortunately, I can't. I have quite severe allergy, usually I have some small scratches and wounds on my hands too and so I almost always wear cotton gloves outdoors. I'm so used to it that I feel very strange if I'm outdoors without gloves.

Now, any ring on a glove is not very comfortable, and a black ring on a black glove is simply invisible...

Aw, i'm sorry. Good news is that there are other ways of expressing yourself if you wanted to :)

I wear a black tungsten ring that I got off Amazon for about $10. 

I wear it almost all the time because I like the feeling of connection that somewhere out there are other people wearing rings for the same reason that feel the same way.

I'm not even out to anyone in real life but that doesn't matter to me because it's quite rare and specific for any given person I encounter to know what the ring means. If anyone asks me if I'm ace one day because of the ring I'll be impressed. 

AncientAmateur

I wear one! I also have 3 stackable rings (one black, one plum/purple, & one white) which I like to wear together sometimes :)

Hermit Advocate

I wear one and a classmate asked me if I was asexual. It turns out she's a grey aro/ace.

time traveller jedi

I have one, and I wear it whenever I leave the house :). I'm out to 2 friends IRL, but no one has never asked me the meaning of it. I got a couple compliments on it, but I've never been recognized/recognized somone as ace because of rings. I actually wear it for myself rather than to be recognized, though. 

I'd like to wear one, but I've never come across a black ring in a shop

Archived