do you wear the "asexual ring"?

MelMart

Some asexuals (including myself) wear a black ring on the middle finger of their right hand as a symbol of asexuality. I have never identified someone this way, nor have I been identified this way, but I still like to use it.

Do you? ^_^

I do wear one! Mine actually has been recognized by four different people in college, all of whom are now my close friends, two of whom are now my roommates. So it's worked out well for me, even though my original intention in wearing it was for myself, not for others to recognize.

I wear it occasionally. Usually when there's a good chance of another ace recognizing it. I've heard stories about someone wearing one but was recognized by some homophobes and, well, bad things happened. 

BinaryFission

I have a silver ring on my right hand on my middle finger, for I never had a black ring nor did I really look for one. I wear it not for other asexuals or people to recognize my orientation (nor would they really be able to because there really is no such thing as a silver ace ring) but rather for myself. 

I have 2 ace rings that I have been using for about 4 years. The closest I have been to someone noticing it was a friend at work who thought it was a promise ring.

I don't but I may consider doing so in the future, just not around my parents cause they'll definitely think something is up (I'm a relatively austere person and I hardly wear any ornamentation). It'd be cool to see if anyone recognizes it. There's a decent chance of it in CA.

38 minutes ago, Andiamo said:

I do wear one! Mine actually has been recognized by four different people in college, all of whom are now my close friends, two of whom are now my roommates. So it's worked out well for me, even though my original intention in wearing it was for myself, not for others to recognize.

That's so cool! I wear mine because I like it, but it would be awesome to have this happen! Now I'll wear it even more 

7 minutes ago, Laplace said:

I don't but I may consider doing so in the future, just not around my parents cause they'll definitely think something is up (I'm a relatively austere person and I hardly wear any ornamentation). It'd be cool to see if anyone recognizes it. There's a decent chance of it in CA.

surely they won't think anything of a black band on your finger? 

:blink:

14 minutes ago, Just John said:

I bought one just this morning. I'm still trying to figure out when, where and how often to wear it.

I wear i every time I go out <3

It's no big deal, really. Pretty neutral.

17 minutes ago, Rwkropf said:

I have 2 ace rings that I have been using for about 4 years. The closest I have been to someone noticing it was a friend at work who thought it was a promise ring.

Aw, man

22 minutes ago, Antihero. said:

No, I don’t. I think it would be silly if I did that to be honest. 
But I’m not completely asexual anyway, I’m grey-ace. So what would I be supposed to wear then anyway? A grey ring? :lol::P 

Saying it's silly is not very nice; people feel comfortable with it and want to express it. For me, it's like a little reminder than it's okay to be myself. :)

Charlie Weasley

is it a special type of ring? or can it be any black ring?

I would wear one if I had it.

I wear mine all the time. I don't really take it off except for things like sleeping. It just makes me feel comfortable knowing that there are other aces and I love my ring. While no one has recognized it yet, I wear it for myself. 

9 minutes ago, Charlie Weasley said:

is it a special type of ring? or can it be any black ring?

I would wear one if I had it.

Any black ring, from what I can gather. :)

Mine is a black stress ring. Meaningful and useful!:D

Charlie Weasley
Just now, MelMart said:

Any black ring, from what I can gather. :)

Mine is a black stress ring. Meaningful and useful!:D

Nice

I used to have a emotionring that went old and turned black. But even if I still had it it would not fit that finger. Time to get a new one maybe

Just now, Charlie Weasley said:

Nice

I used to have a emotionring that went old and turned black. But even if I still had it it would not fit that finger. Time to get a new one maybe

Lol. That's a good indicator that you should go ring shopping. Mine is a little tight on me, not a bad idea to join you in getting another one.

Just now, MelMart said:

surely they won't think anything of a black band on your finger? 

:blink:

I wish; I have a very plain appearance and, beyond being very hygienic, I don't wear anything special or pay attention to my fashion. So if I wear a ring, they'll immediately jump on it cause it's really out of character. They'll take as a sign that I'm paying attention to my appearance more or something. 

Laplace is paying attention to his appearance. > He must be interested in someone for once! (It's the exact opposite plez parents! 🙅🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️)

They really hope I'll find a girl to settle down with since I've never been in a relationship so they'll pester me to no end if they think this is a sign.

Several Aces I know IRL wear them, many all the time. 

Outside LGBTA+ and the swingers communities most people have no idea about their significance anyway 

I had no idea there was a specific ring symbol for asexuality! That's great, I'm going to wear it, and see if people notice :)

When I have some more money, I intend on buying one. I have an asexual flag badge that I've worn sometimes, though. (That was terrifying by the way, as it invites questions, and as it turns out I'm not quite that comfortable answering them yet, lol).

4 minutes ago, ArcticFoxes said:

When I have some more money, I intend on buying one. I have an asexual flag badge that I've worn sometimes, though. (That was terrifying by the way, as it invites questions, and as it turns out I'm not quite that comfortable answering them yet, lol).

omg, same. im so hesitant on wearing an asexual flag because people honestly don't understand and it makes me so uncomfortable. 

7 minutes ago, ArcticFoxes said:

I have a badge (technichally a pin, really) too! No one seems to notice it on my bag, though.

I don't because I don't want people to know my sexuality (I've mostly heard bad things come out of people being open about their asexuality) or mistake me for a swinger. Swingers wear a simple black band on the other hand, but on the same finger.

I was searching for a black ring everywhere! The ones on Etsy were too expensive or very deficient quality, so while I was in Amsterdam, I found one. It's perfect. It's not all black; it's a silver band with a beautiful black opal on it. I love that when I look down it reminds me to stay true to myself, soon I am going to get a band tattooed on my middle finger. :wub:

Archived