Political Fanatasies

Kelpy G

Write fantasies about your favorite politicians. Political, sexual, whatever. But keep it low on sexual, since it's pretty gross and this is an asexual forum anyways.

Example: I shall enact a single-payer bill, I shall run for president in 2032, etc

You can also debate or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
Asterion Orestes

A weakness of mine is the apparent inability (or disinclination) to write creative works without a character based on myself. This may align with my recent disappointment in the nature of government, in contrast to previous easily-imagined scenarios of serving as president--or, more reasonably, in some advisory capacity. I'm more inclined to write about myself in office, but the notion's become less attractive & I'm not sure what to do with it. :unsure:

I'd do a complete 180 and run for office in 2020 on ideals that are diametrically opposite of the ones I personally espouse. I'd call my new party the Anti-Freedom Party, and encourage corporate CEOs, organized crime bosses, and random haters to endorse me. My campaign tactics would include screaming angrily, pounding my fist on the podium, Bronx cheers, giving the middle finger, and occasional tearful bawling (hey, it sort of worked for Glenn Beck).

For my administrative agenda, I'd promise to pass laws strictly prohibiting anyone who isn't an asshole from getting rich or starting a business... I'd promise to release the most violent felons from prison to be trained as officers to enforce my reign of terror... I'd promise to implement corporal punishment for minor crimes... I'd promise the Christian fundies a chunk of real estate where they could establish the dystopian theocratic dictatorship of their dreams... I'd encourage family members to rat on each other in order to eliminate any "freedom-loving sympathies"... and plenty of vetting, vetting, vetting.

Man oh man, I could live the live I wanted to live when I was a kid.

I will run for president, cheat my way to the presidency and seize all power by myself. Then pass an edict to cut off the legs of those who dare to be taller than me, and feed them to hungry people to end with all hunger in the world. 

My ideal political fantasy involves me campaigning as Leslie Knope's running mate in the US 2020 Presidential election...I really, really wish Leslie was President.

• 2 weeks later...
flagsforhippos
On 18/09/2017 at 8:56 AM, A mere monkey said:

I will run for president, cheat my way to the presidency and seize all power by myself. 

This sounds very much like the plan employed by Donald Trump

Then pass an edict to cut off the legs of those who dare to be taller than me

This could well be stage two of his master plan (and the arms of people with larger hands)

and feed them to hungry people to end with all hunger in the world. 

You and Trumpty Dumpty differ here. I can't see him bothering with anything as trivial as world hunger...he might be able to use the limbs as golf clubs though.

⚸ Hughesation ⚸
On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:03 AM, Woodworker1968 said:

I'd do a complete 180 and run for office in 2020 on ideals that are diametrically opposite of the ones I personally espouse.

I assume this is in the hopes of scaring some morality into people, and sabotaging those with views in opposition of your own, through covert tactics of scandalising them, misrepresenting their views and trivializing their points, thus preventing anyone ever voting for them...

If so, this has my full endorsement; when can you start?

A mere monkey
17 minutes ago, flagsforhippos said:

This sounds very much like the plan employed by Donald Trump

This could well be stage two of his master plan (and the arms of people with larger hands)

You and Trumpty Dumpty differ here. I can't see him bothering with anything as trivial as world hunger...he might be able to use the limbs as golf clubs though.

Hey kids in Africa may like golf too! 

But seriously, my biggest fantasy would be Donald Trump doing an incredible job as president. I have no idea how he'll do, but if he resolves foreign policy, keeps job creation strong, and actually enforces laws (although I don't care for deportation - just stop people from breaking laws, where changing the law is an option!) while reforming healthcare, that would be a very successful term, and I would vote for him in 2020 if he can do these things. 

10 hours ago, 80hours said:

my biggest fantasy would be Donald Trump doing an incredible job as president.

I think he's already proved beyond doubt that that's out of the question!

A political fantasy or though I entertain is for American culture to be more homogeneous, though in the sense Ancient Rome was culturally homogeneous. I think the US has become weak, with lots of infighting amongst its constituencies. Part of the problems is technology, as its outpaced culture too quickly. Another problem is that a lot of people simply refuse to grow up and take charge for themselves. I'd rather have Americans well informed, and strong individuals who rely on themselves mostly. And on that note, I prefer a hands off style of government, where there's no intervention of any kind besides the basic utilities and police force. Laissez-faire. To me, the only way to make the populace strong is to create an environment that forces them to be strong, otherwise they will choose the path of least resistance. Too bad this seems rather impractical in modern America (the welfare state from hell that gives everyone a trophy).

• 1 month later...
The Terrible Travis
On 10/10/2017 at 3:38 PM, 80hours said:

22050264_1824537247857865_75034374672848

this sounds pretty damn enticing if you ask me

• 2 weeks later...

One of mine would be to find my own little archipelago in the Pacific somewhere, settle it with a small group of people, build up a little bit, and then go around raiding from neighbouring places for whatever else we need.

Archived