What are you thinking: Gender Edition :)

binary suns

*looks at chest*

Gosh golly gee heck, I do not appreciate that.

@Iced Milk Boy yeah, I know I need to figure out for myself. But it would be so much easier if others could tell me what I am. I grew up with my brother and sister, I'm a triplet so we all went through milestones around the same time. I was devastated when I learned I'd grow breasts. I still hate these things

19 hours ago, Iced Milk Boy said:

me: *gets called 'sir'* "yes. Correct. That is I!"

me: *gets called ma'am* *heavy wheeze* "please no. No thank you. Nah." 

I don't feel male (*waves agender flag*), but the lack of neutral ways to address someone in my native language makes me so happy when this happens (which is like never, but whatever).

1 hour ago, mania said:

I don't feel male (*waves agender flag*), but the lack of neutral ways to address someone in my native language makes me so happy when this happens (which is like never, but whatever).

Well I'm a bit nonbinary as well, meaning I have a slight neutrality about myself so I'm about 90% male and go by he/him or they/them. You can use either pronouns interchangeably with me, won't bother me a bit! :) I still say I'm a male because that's what I fully feel like (and as not to confuse others of course. XD) 

8 hours ago, Lirpaderp said:

I was devastated when I learned I'd grow breasts. I still hate these things

I know how ya feel. I actually thought that I'd grow a wee wee when I got older! XD ah fun times of not being confused and sad and just running around a lot as a wee lad. 

tmi

Spoiler

WHY COULDN'T i HAVE GROWN A DICK INSTEAD???? I COULD'VE HAD A PENIS, I COULD'VE HAD A FLAT CHEST, I COULD'VE HAD SEMEN, I COULD'VE UNDERSTOOD THAT BY SAYING "BEING A GIRL SUCKS", MY MOM DIDN'T MEAN THAT EVERY GIRL HATES HER BODY BECAUSE IT'S FEMALE, BUT NOPE, A BILLION PEOPLE ARE BORN MALE EVERY SINGLE DAY AND I FUCKING WASN'T.

Of course tomorrow I'm gonna be totally fine and have no idea why I want(ed) to be a guy so bad.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

I don't have any inclination to change the female body I've always had, but mentally, I'm right in the middle between male/female in outlook. I just see mental gender as being this straight line (no pun intended) with me half way along it.

Little Sparrow

My gender expression has been in masculine mode for years, but now I can feel it changing. The pendulum is swinging to the other other side...I've grown my hair from short and spiky to chin length, I'm into jewellery again, and I even caught myself eyeing up some pretty tunics and even a skirt! What's going on?? Feels a bit strange...but also nice. It's just an expression thing, though, the way my gender feels hasn't changed. I see myself as 50% man and 50% woman, so expression-wise I can go either way. I think I'll go with it and enjoy the ride.

On 11/25/2017 at 8:51 AM, Dan99 said:

tmi

Hide contents

WHY COULDN'T i HAVE GROWN A DICK INSTEAD???? I COULD'VE HAD A PENIS, I COULD'VE HAD A FLAT CHEST, I COULD'VE HAD SEMEN, I COULD'VE UNDERSTOOD THAT BY SAYING "BEING A GIRL SUCKS", MY MOM DIDN'T MEAN THAT EVERY GIRL HATES HER BODY BECAUSE IT'S FEMALE, BUT NOPE, A BILLION PEOPLE ARE BORN MALE EVERY SINGLE DAY AND I FUCKING WASN'T.

Of course tomorrow I'm gonna be totally fine and have no idea why I want(ed) to be a guy so bad.

Change this for MTF, Then you stay indoors... But then the first sight of girl, for me, and it's like... Yup, here we go again :/, sigh.

Showers <_< 

I'm in a gender-questioning-period right now.

I'm AFAB, but don't feel like it suits me that well. My gender expression is feminine I guess, but that's mostly due to the fact that I feel better about my body in formfitting clothes (I don't dislike my body, but I dislike the way it looks in loose clothes). I'd like to cut my hair short, but I don't want to have to style my hair; right now I have it at a length where I don't have to do anything with it except wash it.

I sort of identify with being a woman, but that's because I'm an active feminist and I identify with the struggles women face because society views me as female.

To me, gender isn't a thing, and I feel like agender suits me, but I'm not going to do anything about it. I don't identify with a gender, but I'm alright with society seeing me as female (mostly, not really, but I'm not going to ask people to change pronouns or anything because... I don't know. I guess I'm too lazy)

I want to make more androgynous/gender ambiguous looking characters, but I'm so boring with it. All I can think of is people with short hair, like thisBeyond Pink and Blue | ParentMap

I feel weird right now. I'm imagining if I could just shape shift between male and female, and right now, I feel like I wouldn't care which I am. Maybe I'm still afraid of the thought of being trans since I'd make a terrible guy to most people. I have days where I'm incredibly sensitive, I'd be kind of feminine for a guy, and I honestly don't understand why people are taught to act different based on gender anyway. I mean like "girl talk" vs "guy talk". the stereotype that girls talk like valley girls and talk about female things and make up, and guys talk about sports or whatever and make fun of each other when they're not "manly enough". I honestly kind of hate this bullshit where girls can act however they want but guys can't.

Anyway, it's weird. Like I feel like neither gender is "the real me", it just feels like a body and that's it. It's confusing to want a male body so desperately sometimes but to always feel female, whatever that means. I really don't know how to word any of this. I guess I have this false belief that gender has to be 100% conscious to you all the time. like it's a "feeling", not just a state of being. Yeah, I'm probably trying too hard. I guess I'm afraid of being bigender or genderfluid or something similar to that too, because it sounds confusing to be okay with any pronoun, literally "decide" what gender I'd be or wait until that natural feeling shows up, and go by two names, a male and female one. Right now I guess I just see gender roles and gender itself as a game and I don't know why. Sometimes I'm sure I'm female and I'm fine with it, sometimes I feel strongly like I should be physically male, sometimes I don't know what the hell I going on in my head, and sometimes I feel like I do right now; I'm just "me", and gender is just a game;roleplaying of some sort.

I don't know who I am in general most of the time.

Despite being AFAB I have little to know real 'feminine' clothing items such as skirts and dresses; I think this could be because of sensory issues which I hope to 'get over' 

Tw: mention of fake genitals

I bought a packer.8) It's a lot more realistic than I thought it would be for how cheap it is. It's not too much fun to wear yet (gender fluid and don't currently feel male) but I'm excited for when I feel like a dude again. :D

When referencing myself in the third person I use they/them but IRL prefer he/him, hmmm.

I'm dumbfounded right now. I keep thinking about when I came out to my therapist today. When she asked me what my pronouns are, I nearly choked up. This hasn't happened before outside of the online world. 

Archived