Learn about the spectrum

V.T.

1 minute ago, Messen said:

Hey, we're just trying to educate. Saying the wrong thing and spreading that is only going to cause confusion and I honestly don't need more of that when I tell people I'm asexual.

Asexual only means one thing, all those other things you're bringing up are not included in the asexual label, those are something you'd have to explain with other words.

I know some people have liked calling asexuals, greysexuals and demisexuals as labels that go under "the asexual spectrum" or "the asexual umbrella", but having the word asexual in there is not good since it means something that doesn't match with greysexual and demisexual. It's not "a thing", just because one of the people that liked that phrasing put it on the top of a chart they made doesn't make it more "a thing".

Oh, and, romantic orientation has never been considered a part of that "spectrum"/"umbrella".

I'm referencing an actual chart. That's all I'm doing. You could label it asexuality or sexuality spectrum. You can see it as chart that measures how much sexuality someone feels, or how little. Glass half full, glass half empty. Even if you renamed the chart it would still be the same thing. I'm just referring to by the name it was given.

Hey, we're just trying to educate. Saying the wrong thing and spreading that is only going to cause confusion and I honestly don't need more of that when I tell people I'm asexual.

Asexual only means one thing, all those other things you're bringing up are not included in the asexual label, those are something you'd have to explain with other words.

I know some people have liked calling asexuals, greysexuals and demisexuals as labels that go under "the asexual spectrum" or "the asexual umbrella", but having the word asexual in there is not good since it means something that doesn't match with greysexual and demisexual. It's not "a thing", just because one of the people that liked that phrasing put it on the top of a chart they made doesn't make it more "a thing".

Oh, and, romantic orientation has never been considered a part of that "spectrum"/"umbrella".

I'm referencing an actual chart. That's all I'm doing. You could label it asexuality or sexuality spectrum. You can see it as chart that measures how much sexuality someone feels, or how little. Glass half full, glass half empty. Even if you renamed the chart it would still be the same thing. I'm just referring to by the name it was given.

1 minute ago, V.T. said:

...so you mean you base all your learning on what one chart says?

1 minute ago, Mermaidy said:

wait who's "they"?  The people who created the chart?  I'm/we're saying your chart isn't accurate

Aven. Read the top part. The very website wer'e on made it.

...so you mean you base all your learning on what one chart says?

It's by aven, worlds largest website for asexual material. I figured it would be reputable. Also as I've said before, I am asexual so I do know some things from experience.

1 minute ago, V.T. said:

It's by aven, worlds largest website for asexual material. I figured it would be reputable. Also as I've said before, I am asexual so I do know some things from experience.

Where does it say it's "by aven"? The person who made it had aven as a source, as it says, and the thing they mention taking from aven is the info on the romantic orientations bit, not the "asexual spectrum" thing, that I'm pretty sure this person just put there because they liked the sound of it.

The chart is not "made by aven".

Where does it say it's "by aven"? The person who made it had aven as a source, as it says, and the thing they mention taking from aven is the info on the romantic orientations bit, not the "asexual spectrum" thing, that I'm pretty sure this person just put there because they liked the sound of it.

The chart is not "made by aven".

Step one: click on the link.

Step two: read all the information underneath the title asexual spectrum

step three: if you come back and say that it's not by aven I know you're lying because I have the link tabbed.

Just now, V.T. said:

step three: if you come back and say that it's not by aven I know you're lying because I have the link tabbed.

It's says "according to aven"

1 minute ago, V.T. said:

Just now, V.T. said:

You need to work on your reading comprehension.

2 minutes ago, V.T. said:

" 'according to aven, an individual's bla bla relationships with' " end quote

Just now, Messen said:

According to Aven's information, based off of their information... It their information.

Just now, V.T. said:

According to Aven's information, based off of their information... It their information.

I'll just repeat:

2 minutes ago, Messen said:

Just now, V.T. said:

Btw, why would they even like to mentioned if they wanted to have no part in that chart?

3 minutes ago, Mermaidy said:

" 'according to aven, an individual's bla bla relationships with' " end quote

It's still according to aven

1 minute ago, V.T. said:

Btw, why would they even like to mentioned if they wanted to have no part in that chart?

someone doesn't need to check with AVEN before quoting a defintion on the site

Just now, V.T. said:

It's still according to aven

yes, THAT definition/statement about romantic orientations is according to AVEN

2 minutes ago, Messen said:

I'll just repeat:

Quoi? Vous préfère que je vous parle en français? Est-ce que ça c'est le sort de compréhension que vous voulez?

2 minutes ago, Mermaidy said:

someone doesn't need to check with AVEN before quoting a defintion on the site

Nope, but they can get in legal trouble for it if aven feels like it

Just now, V.T. said:

no they can't lol.  They quoted and cited AVEN

1 minute ago, Ilerneo Fricai said:

XS5LK.gif

Finally 3 years of French paid off 

This whole conversation makes me feel bipolar but I'm actually over the moon that someone here can speak French 

10 minutes ago, V.T. said:

Have you ever written something for, let's say, school, where you're had to leave sources? It is like that.

The Huffington Post made that chart (see the little thing at the bottom right?), named that chart, wrote everything on that chart, and they browsed the avenwiki (as seen on the bottom of the chart, left as a source), doesn't mean that the headline comes from aven or that aven would word everything like that.

4 minutes ago, V.T. said:

And no, no no no. It's common practice to browse the internet and leave a site marked as a source when you write something that you'll post.

For the sake of jujubes why is everyone so butt hurt about a chart that I didn't make. Y'know what? From now on I'll just respond in French.

Ilerneo Fricai
Just now, V.T. said:

For the sake of jujubes why is everyone so butt hurt about a chart that I didn't make. Y'know what? From now on I'll just respond in French.

Immona warn you right now, three years of French several years ago doesn't go very far

Just now, V.T. said:

We're explaining it to a person that didn't read it the way it was intended to be read, and it does get frustrating when that person keeps wanting to read into it wrong.

If you feel that you understand what we've been saying now, good.

I'm off to watch GoT.

Archived