AVENues: PRIDE Special - Summer 2017

ThinkNotVanilla

ThinkNotVanilla

Hello AVENites! :aven:

The AVENues Newsletter Editorial Team and I are delighted to present to you the Summer 2017 edition of our quarterly newsletter, placing a particular focus on PRIDE season! We've adopted a new look too, so if you have any feedback, suggestions or content submissions, please (as always) reach out to the Team at newsletter@asexuality.org or avenues.submissions@gmail.com, or comment on this thread.

Below you'll find this edition's preface and the links to grab your Ace fix:

avenues_newsletter_summer_2017_front_cov

This issue of AVENues [download locally for the best experience] is all about PRIDE!! We wanted to know if you have attended a Pride event, and how you work for asexual activism. The number of responses that we received was so incredible that we made a whole issue full of your answers!

We at AVENues are so happy to see so many people representing their orientations. Sometimes it can be difficult to show others how you really feel about your sexual/romantic/gender orientations. It can be quite frightening to open up to others in that way. I think that's what makes Pride events helpful. You can see so many other people out there, just like you, marching for acceptance and visibility. However you feel about yourself and your orientations, know that you are certainly not alone. There are multitudes of other aces out there marching with you!

Also in this issue, we have part 2 of "The L-ade tree" by Blue Ice-Tea. (See our previous issue for part 1.) We have several great poems in the Open Mic section. Our interview is on sea-lemon, one of my favorite people on AVEN.

In case you haven't noticed, AVENues will be moving to a quarterly publication, where we will put out new issues every 3 months. This issue is for July/August/September, and our next issue will be for October/November/December. This will give us more time to collect content and work on layouts. (By the way, did you all notice our AWESOME NEW LAYOUT?) 

Best of luck to those going back to school! See you next issue!

@scarletlatitude (second editor in chief)

To download :vis:

http://bit.ly/avenues-summer-2017-download (recommended: download and view locally [the down-facing button on the top right] for the best experience)

To share :cake:

http://bit.ly/avenues-summer-2017

___________________________________________________________________________________

Editor-in-Chief

@Ciri

2nd Editor-in-Chief

@scarletlatitude

Creative Director / Layout Editor

@ThinkNotVanilla

Co-Editors

@AshenPhoenix
@Aqua-ace
@Blue Ice-Tea
@scarletlatitude
@Snao Çoñé

Creative Artists

@kelico
@SkyWorld

Contributors

@Blue Ice-Tea
@sea-lemon
@scarletlatitude
and you!...

• Like 8

Cheers TOV, I was literally just about to click 'submit' on the topic I was creating for this purpose.

Yours is much better :P 

• Like 2

So gorgeous. :wub: This is the most beautiful thing ever!! Thanks for the lovely layout work, Vanilla! And huge congrats and great job to everyone that contributed! :D 

• Like 2
scarletlatitude

You all are an awesome team. Great job all! :D <3 

• Like 2

Aww at there being less issues a year but yay for it's return. Was worried about it for a while.

TheCatBehind

Yey it's back! I was scared for a second there lol And with a new and amazing layout! Amazing!

(I also got very surprised to be the opening and closing of the Question of The Month section lol, had a teeny-tiny heart attack :P)

• Like 1
ThinkNotVanilla
1 minute ago, Maks9090 said:

I also got very surprised to be the opening and closing of the Question of The Month section

...and one of the few to have a photo :) Love it!

Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1
TheCatBehind
25 minutes ago, ThinkNotVanilla said:

...and one of the few to have a photo :) Love it!

Ahahahaha! I was too busy being embarrassed to notice that! XD You're welcome? :P

This was quite the change from the previous issues and you deserve all the feedback!

• Like 2

Great work folks:cake::cake:

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing. The new look is very sleek. It looks fantastic :)

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...