"Asexuals" (2017) Documentary

Éadweard

So, I see this trailer for a documentary called Asexuals (2017) on YouTube apparently posted months ago but I've not seen any discussion about this anywhere. At all. Isn't this the type of thing AVEN is supposed to be telling people about?

7 minutes ago, Just like Jughead said:

Isn't this the type of thing AVEN is supposed to be telling people about?

I would think so. Maybe they were going to announce it as soon as it's actually out?

Maybe it will be announced/released at World Pride.

I think this the film that it is hoped to screen at the next Birmingham meet-up. Is that right @AorNay? Not until November, though. And not yet certain, either.

I thought it was old news. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 2 months later...
LightsShineBright

Ooh! :o I honestly didn't know about this. Thanks for the heads up. Have a cake :cake:.

Thanks for the info! Good to know, the old documentary is probably a little outdated by now, and with visibility increasing, there is a need for solid sources of information so that people who find out asexuality exist don't get to dismiss it as soon as they hear the word.

TheCatBehind

Oh my god! I have to remember about this! 

Karacoreable

I need to keep an eye out for that, I am definitely interested, thanks! :)

scarletlatitude

Fantastic! If anyone sees more about this please post it. I will signal boost the crap out of it! :D 

I should probably check it out. Good find.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Everyone!

I am sorry to reply to this so late. I am producing this newest documentary. Yes it is real. Yes it will be feature length. Yes we do plan to release it. However, we realized a few months ago that we needed to film a bit more of our participants, which inevitably pushed our deadlines back. We are holding off from commencing any promotion or marketing until we are happy and confident with the latest edit. I promise to drop in here a bit more regularly to let you know of more updates or clips we make available in anticipation of a formal release.

Sincerely,

Carmelo 

Hello!

I apologize for replying to this so late. I am producing this newest documentary. Yes it is real. Yes it will be feature length. Yes we do plan to release it. However, we realized a few months ago that we needed to film a bit more of our participants, which inevitably pushed our deadlines back. We are holding off from commencing any promotion or marketing until we are happy and confident with the latest edit. I promise to drop in here a bit more regularly to let you know of more updates or clips we make available in anticipation of a formal release.

Sincerely,

Carmelo 

Archived