Kpop Boy Group member came out as asexual!!

ChillaKilla

AsexualAnomaly

Idk who this is but Yay for Representation! 

OMG SO HAPPY FOR HIM. He's so brave to come out. I hope that fans will support him, not hate on him.

Image result for topp dogg hansol

Image result for topp dogg hansol heart gif

StrangerThing

I saw this yesterday!  It's kind of what inspired me to start posting here even though I joined last year.  I'm not that familiar with ToppDogg but to come out in the world of Kpop is pretty brave.  

This is amazing! I am so happy to see that someone so young and popular in Korea has decided to be open and represent the community to others. I know that it is hard for many people in general to be open about their sexuality, especially in Korea as a celebrity. The fact that he has introduced asexuality to Korean fans and international fans is just so comforting and lovely. 

I must admit I have never heard of Hansol or Topp Dogg but I am happy for him for finding himself, and I hope identifying as asexual helps him. 

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

I'm happy for him 💖

He's really brave for doing this as a kpop star!

As jinjoo says, the fact he's introducing asexuality to his fans in Korea and his fans internationally is really great.

I actually shouted out loud when I saw this. So happy for him! :D

Wow! I don't follow ToppDogg but this definitely gives me a reason. 

TheCatBehind

Well that is going to make a loud splash! Good for him!

This is a pretty good video discussing Hansol's coming out, and I think [for the most part] they did well explaining/talking about asexuality. Really happy again for Hansol. <3

EmotionalAndroid

I don't know much about K-Pop at all, but I am really happy to hear this~! He was really brave to do that and I applaud him! It makes me want to look into this group to support them.

I love Topp Dogg and Hansol is my favorite member, when I discovered a few weeks ago that he had tried suicide (it was in a YouTube comment, so I don't know the credibility), I got so worried and then I never heard anything more about them and got even more worried. 

Two days ago, I went to Facebook and saw an article saying he had come out as asexual. I hope now he feels better. Now that he left that weight behind. 

I'm so proud of him! He was so courageous and brave. 

And hope this can open more visibility to asexuality and that fans and koreans won't hate on him too much. 

(When I saw the article, I felt so proud, called my sister and was all excited about this. She was like "okay! Good for him. Now leave alone." :D

@JusTopi He had some severe passive ideation but he didn't actually make a suicide attempt FYI. That's all that's been confirmed. But he's so much happier now that he's accepted himself!

56 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

@JusTopi He had some severe passive ideation but he didn't actually make a suicide attempt FYI. That's all that's been confirmed. But he's so much happier now that he's accepted himself!

Thank you for clarifying the issue. I follow their music, but I don't have social accounts to follow the groups, except for Facebook, so I never really know what's going around. 

I'm so happy he is feeling better and happier! 

LightsShineBright

:o I'm so late for the party. But hooray!! Like seriously.. the feels~! Been off the internet and everything lately and now this is what I see. Awesome!! I'm wishing him and everyone else here all the best ^_^.

• 3 months later...

Update on this!! Hansol (who is now going by Minsung) updated his Instagram and talked more about his identity and also the plight of LGBTQA+ people in Korea and the world. An extra important part is that he came out as aromantic as well!!! So he is aro ace!!! : ))) So proud of him being comfortable in his identity.

His instagram post (in Korean): https://www.instagram.com/p/Bct3Stij9Ep/?taken-by=another_930615

And the translation: https://mobile.twitter.com/kjunhole/status/941786545434103809

^_^

To Each Their Own

Thank you for the update!!

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
On 12/16/2017 at 1:15 AM, kelico said:

Update on this!! Hansol (who is now going by Minsung) updated his Instagram and talked more about his identity and also the plight of LGBTQA+ people in Korea and the world. An extra important part is that he came out as aromantic as well!!! So he is aro ace!!! : ))) So proud of him being comfortable in his identity.

His instagram post (in Korean): https://www.instagram.com/p/Bct3Stij9Ep/?taken-by=another_930615

And the translation: https://mobile.twitter.com/kjunhole/status/941786545434103809

^_^

Awesome! Thanks for the update!

Lotta_Biscotti

Way cool to see someone in kpop come out. That's really brave of him, and a lot to take on.

Archived