Asexual Pride Rings

Indigo

teucer wrote:

After looking over previous posts on the topic, I think my favored reasonably-discrete symbol is the black ring on the left middle finger. A flower is a lot more conspicuous outside of certain special contexts.

We had a similar thought on a similar thread some time ago. I wear a hemitite ring on the right middle since that, but it wouldn't be hard to move it over to the left.

Hold on. Can someone please clarify what finger the black ring was supposed to go on? I was under the impression that it was meant for the right hand. It won't be a very effective secret signal if we're not sure of what it actually is. :roll: (Or would that make it an especially secret secret signal?) We're going to have to start writing these things down.

Black metals tend to be costly, thus hematite here. That was discussed in the old thread as well. Thing is, hematite seems to be quite hard to find now. I found a vendor at a con that had them, so I picked one up.

Yeah, I haven't had any luck finding a black ring either, but the idea's still way too cool for me to give up on.

Hematite rings are often availible at sci-fi and gaming conventions.

I've seen rubbery rings before, but I wouldn't know where to buy one and whether they come in black.

crazyjerseygirl

two words

hot topic

they HAVE to have the simple black ring!

of course you can always paint a black band on your finger if you give up

my prob is finding one that fits my mid finger!

<----has manhands

TTFN

Renee'

This store has some pretty cool (and cheap) black rings. No plain ones [edit: I take that back, there's one on page 2], but there's a flaming one. :wink:

I'm rather fond of this one, personally:

34e147936543d9232920e9d85b5d8383.jpg

It's got purple in it! :D Too bad it only comes in sizes 6-8, though. :?

Neurovore

I do not wear jewelry. Except for a pocket watch.

crazyjerseygirl

cooool i love pocket watches!

on formal occasions i wear my great-great grandmas, but as i have few pockets it makes it rather difficult to do it every day.

btw love that site!

i wants so many of those rings!

maybe we can commission one with a purple A on it...or a triangle?

TTFN

Renee'

NeitherSparky

I've been wearing my black ring on my left middle finger. Arg. Do I need to move it??

And I like the Flaming A, lol, obviously.

elquesogrande

T-shirt scrap rings. I was re-constructing some shirts one day, and i made a ring out of a scrap. it was pretty tizzite. omg i can't believe i just wrote "tizzite." :roll:

Ahh, crap.. I just found out that site has a $100 minimum purchase. :? Anyone wanna figure out how we can pool our orders? It'd take between 10-20 of us to do it. :P

Damn.. maybe I'll just make some t-shirt rings too. :lol:

I'd totally go in for some rings. That would also solve my problem of not having a credit card.

There are two on there I wouldn't mind having. If you can get it together and have some means by which I can get money somewhere, I'm in.

Oooh! You mean I get to play with my buttons!? :P

where should it go, though? *wishes we had a paste button to paste this one back to the original ring discussion*

K, so I can be a neat freak and organise everything, but someone with a credit card would have to do the actual ordering.

I'll do the ordering, unless someone else really wants to. I can take checks or PayPal. 8)

There's also the issue of getting them to everybody. The cost of sending a small bubble mailer in the US would probably be minimal, but if there are overseas deliveries to be made, that could get a bit trickier. :P

Hmm... I could do the mailing, but then you'd have to mail all the rings to me.

And everyone has to tell me which rings they want, and what sizes, so I can do a spreadsheet. :P

Cerhiunnhn

Jesh, m'dear, any way I could send someone (whoever is paying) 10 dollars in the mail and have you hang on to a ring for me until I'm in college and allowed to receive mail from 'stalkers?' I can mail the moolah now, but I can't receive anything. Silly parents.

Plur na mBan

I'd definitely be in, just PM or email me with info on how to get the money to our wonderful orderer . . .

Oh, and, edit: If anyone's looking for plain hematite rings, I can probably get them from $1-2 from my father (he sells them, but has a TON. It'd just be a matter of paying postage). Just, because they were mentioned earlier.

Ooo it looks very nice Mac.

You might be able to count me in when I figure out what size my wee fingers are....

Archived