New Declass Team Members Needed: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

We are looking for two more members of the AVEN Declassification Team. See more about that here:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/123437-introducing-avens-new-declassification-team/

We are now taking nominations. If you are interested, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

You can only run for one office at a time.

Voting will be by a vote of confidence.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 17 August 2017 to Thursday, 24 August 2017: Nominations.

Thursday, 24 August to Sunday, 27 2017: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 27 August to Sunday, 3 September: 2017: Voting!

Grumpy Alien

I look forward to seeing two fresh baby oranges. Go go Declass Rangers!

NerotheReaper

I look forward to seeing who is going to be an orange! 

If anyone has any questions about declassification or what the job entails, I would be very happy to answer them here or via PM.

This might be the role for you if:

• You are detail oriented and organized
  • You strongly believe in transparency
  • You want to give back to the community
  • You are interested in learning AVEN history

Helpful skills include familiarity with editing posts on this forum, some very basic HTML knowledge, and effective communication with the member base. Confidentiality is of great importance to this role. As an AVEN staff member there may also be opportunities to provide input on policy decisions when relevant to the DT role.

I encourage anyone who's interested to throw your hat into the ring. When I ran for DT it was sort of on a whim, and I am very glad I've had this opportunity to learn this role and contribute.

Good luck to anyone who wants to run!  What Snao said is pretty accurate; DT might not be for everyone, but for a certain type of person declass can be very rewarding. :)

*hops into the ring*

Nai and Starry Sky are both AWESOME people, so you'll be joining their ranks! Don't be afraid to run for DT. You'll have good people looking out for you in both DT and admods in general. I've found admods very welcoming and helpful, because this used to be their responsibility. Admods are very appreciative of the work DT does.

6 hours ago, Nai said:

I'll be mentoring those who make it on the team! I look forward to it :cake: Good luck to those who are running!

Weren't you my mentor too when i joined admods? Nice that you are doing it again :D:cake::cake:  I think i still got that PM somewhere XD 

I know..but i'm so sorry guys!  

I just can't resist this opportunity! God knows when this train will pass by again  so i don't wanna miss this one! 

*Throws sparkles in the ring* 

(I'll probaly end up thinking tonight: da fuk i just did?? :P )

Good luck everyone. I am impressed by you all to have the mental strenght to do it.

*Patiently waits for.... November 20th?!  May 20th = Start Date, June 20th = 1 month? CHECK! , July 20th = 2 months? CHECK!, August 20th = 3 months? CHECK!, September 20th = 4 months, October 20th = 5 months, and November 20th = 6 MONTHS?!!!! Welp... Guess this kitty's going to bring Thanksgiving Turkey Roasts in November! :D Or Christmas Heat, one of the two depending on what goes on during that time. ;) *

Fear the Jester's questioning, candidates... Expect the unexpected.... Ke he he he he....

Archived