I am gay ...

Madonno

I am gay. I am 'new' in asexuality and I wonder if there are guys that wanna have a serious relationship without sex. Does somebody feel the same as I do? You know, relationship without sex. [/b]

VariousMild

Well I'm not gay but there are lots of gay people here who want exactly that so just keep hanging around and you should be able to find just what you are looking.

By the way I take it your asexual also or you wouldn't be looking for someone who was?

I'm sure many gay men, on and off this site, could relate to your feelings. Just keep looking.

Ahah! Found the cake! Here, indulge: :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

• 4 weeks later...
I am gay. I am 'new' in asexuality and I wonder if there are guys that wanna have a serious relationship without sex. Does somebody feel the same as I do? You know, relationship without sex. [/b]

Yeah I sure do. Except I'm probably not your type (a bit young maybe).

Wee_Little_Me

Yeah I sure do. Except I'm probably not your type (a bit young maybe).

lol

And welcome madonno. :) cake! :cake: :cake:

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds great to me I would love a relationship with a male or female without the presser of sex.

I am 19 and Male :D

:cake::cake::cake:

lol sorry I love the cake

• 6 months later...

I am living proof of a gay asexual. I don't know how many there are like me, but I'm sure as time goes on I'll find out. At one time I thought I was the only person on Earth who felt this way. Thanks to Aven I know different :)

Yes - I would consider myself one.

I am glad we are not alone in here. I feel more presure in the gay society to have sex than with my straight friends. It is hard for others to understand having an attraction to men but not wanted to have sex with men.

Tet the Listener
Yes - I would consider myself one.

I am glad we are not alone in here. I feel more presure in the gay society to have sex than with my straight friends. It is hard for others to understand having an attraction to men but not wanted to have sex with men.

I hear this statement with not only the quiet applause of gratitude but also the delightful awe of how succinctly that fits myself. Though I'm not asexual, I am celibate, and find the same reaction toward many of the men I have tried to pursue. I do wish everyone to keep trying. Supportive gents are still out there even yet. I have managed to find an asexual man, actually.

I am living proof of a gay asexual. I don't know how many there are like me, but I'm sure as time goes on I'll find out. At one time I thought I was the only person on Earth who felt this way. Thanks to Aven I know different :)

My friends,

Allah-u-Abha! (God is the Most Glorious!)

I am 18 years old, trying to be discreet about myself, but I too am... like you. *ahem*

But although I want of such a relationship, it would be most difficult for me amongst my religious community. And I don't like secrecy that much either! If I had such a relationship, I fear that my community would try to cure me with doctors and make me sexual, and attracted to the other sex... :(

Anyways, God is Great!

Kevyn.

That sounds great to me I would love a relationship with a male or female without the presser of sex.

Especially vegan cake! MMm, the denseness!

Allah-u-Abha,

Kevyn.

TheOtherDibbler

Especially vegan cake! MMm, the denseness!

Allah-u-Abha,

Kevyn.

I have a recipe for a vegan cake. Although I don't think it was designed with vegans in mind, but it's vegan anyway. And it tastes nice!

*looks shifty* Yeah, that was on topic. Uh-huh. :oops:

Anyway, it must terrible to live in a community where you cannot openly be yourself for fear of people being against you or trying to 'fix' or 'cure' you. I hope you find a place in your life where you can escape that and be yourself.

My favorite cake is a vegan cake

I *bites lip* think I love you! I'll bake you vegan deliciousness every day! :wink:

Anyway, it must terrible to live in a community where you cannot openly be yourself for fear of people being against you or trying to 'fix' or 'cure' you. I hope you find a place in your life where you can escape that and be yourself.

Well, it is understandable, seeing it at their perspectives. The problem is that religion and the religious community is always made of people, and thus people are always judging because it is human, although we try hard not to.

The best way is to really keep to one's self for the sake of unity, because without unity, there is not support. My God surely knows that! :)

Perhaps it is depressing that I won't be able to possess such in my lifetime (yes, I do have a choice, but I feel very deeply for my prophet Lord Baha'u'llah), but there are greater sacrifices, and I know that I will receive my reward in the afterlife. :D

Allah-u-Abha,

Sirach.

• 2 weeks later...
Mark from the OCD board

Hello!

I'm the gay guy who started the thread about OCD since I was looking for a gay asexual who said he was part of this board. He had been misunderstood on my OCD board and had posted a link to this site.

Anyway... My reason for posting in this thread.

I sent an e-mail to a few friends (all sexes and sexual orientations) to tell them about asexuality and send a link to this forum in case they knew someone who would benefit from being here.

One of my friends, a gay male, wrote back saying that he already knew all about asexuality, as a gay friend of his has an asexual life partner.

Did you hear that, you (That's vous, voi, vosotros-- plural you) who wonder aloud in threads like this if such things are possible? :wink:

Now, if there is one successful mixed relationship in the world, there must be many. In addition, how could there NOT also be committed relationships between two gay asexuals?

In fact, do I even have the right to assume that all committed relationships between two asexuals involve only two people...? Could there even be a Mormon-like relationship between committed asexuals?

I wrote the last paragraph not to be funny or insulting, but to tell you what I always tell people with OCD (people like me): Your limits are those you imagine for yourself.

I may have only learned about asexuality a week ago, but it seems unreasonable to assume that an entire groups could never find love within its biological wiring. (How many lesbians and gay men in the closet have thought just that--and how many have been wrong?)

As a sexual, I know that sex is very important to me--but it's hardly the only thing life has to offer. If anything, I see overemphasis on sex as the reason so many gay men and lesbians who do not want to be alone are alone. After all, when you ask a gay guy in a long term relationship what makes it work, does he say "My partner is great in bed?" Some do, of course, as there are some who want only that. But many others say the same things that heterosexuals and lesbians say and that asexuals on this board are looking for: "My partner is my best friend" or "We connect on a very deep level" or "We complement each other" or "My partner is the other half of my soul" or "I don't know what I'd do without my partner" or "We have so much in common" or "Opposites attract" or "All I have to do is look into my parter's eyes to know why we're together." I hear love and romance in all that.

I won't be naive and say that, in a sexual world, you can find what you want in a snap. (That's a gay "Miss Thing" snap, of course...) I also won't claim that all, or even most, relationships work. But as someone who has mastered OCD and works with others in its clutches, I really believe people can find what makes them happy--even if it rarely appears in the form they expect.

You may need to make compromises. Heck, you will definitely need to make compromises. All relationships require them.

Forget your Rupaul 101? "You better work!" Work on yourself and loving yourself. Work on finding someone--and be very, very, very patient.

Want someone? Put yourself out there. If you don't have confidence, act the part all the same.

Asexuality is a gift. Cherish it and find someone who will cherish you as you are.

Archived