Is it normal to feel like this

I'm new to all this. I only started accepting myself just a few months ago so I'm still trying to work out how I feel when it comes to relationships and stuff like that.

A few months ago I was starting to get confused for my feelings for someone. She was my best friend (I say she was because we aren't speaking anymore, partially due to that) She had already said to me that she was gay and I fully accepted that. But in the last few months of our friendship I started to develop feelings for her but not sexual feelings of course just romantic feelings when we were on a college trip to Barcelona. I have never told her how I really felt because I really did love and adore her.  

But I just wanted to know if it was normal how I felt because as I said I've only just started to accept myself being Asexual and I'm not sure stuff like that yet. 

• Like 2

I think that whatever you're feeling is perfectly normal. I've had plenty of feelings for people in the past in a way that just made me want to be close with them emotionally and really every other way except sexually. I just wanted to be that persons person. If that makes sense 😊

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, waitamin said:

I think that whatever you're feeling is perfectly normal. I've had plenty of feelings for people in the past in a way that just made me want to be close with them emotionally and really every other way except sexually. I just wanted to be that persons person. If that makes sense 😊

Thank you 😊 I just felt really confused about my feelings for her. When me and her were in Barcelona I felt something really strong for her. It was just romantic feelings. Like wanting have a hug and thinking about holding hands and always thinking about her. I still feel the same really well sort off there is still a day where she still isn't on my mind but life goes on 😊 so Thank you for saying what I'm feeling is normal 

1 hour ago, Indigo707 said:

I'm new to all this. I only started accepting myself just a few months ago so I'm still trying to work out how I feel when it comes to relationships and stuff like that.

A few months ago I was starting to get confused for my feelings for someone. She was my best friend (I say she was because we aren't speaking anymore, partially due to that) She had already said to me that she was gay and I fully accepted that. But in the last few months of our friendship I started to develop feelings for her but not sexual feelings of course just romantic feelings when we were on a college trip to Barcelona. I have never told her how I really felt because I really did love and adore her.  

But I just wanted to know if it was normal how I felt because as I said I've only just started to accept myself being Asexual and I'm not sure stuff like that yet. 

Yes, I think feeling that way is normal, my friend. Remember that asexuality is an open concept and anything's possible.

Try to talk to her and explain you aren't sexually attracted to her, so she's free to have her girlfriends, but tell her you like her company and have also respect for her opinions. Be honest.

33 minutes ago, simplyalex said:

Yes, I think feeling that way is normal, my friend. Remember that asexuality is an open concept and anything's possible.

Try to talk to her and explain you aren't sexually attracted to her, so she's free to have her girlfriends, but tell her you like her company and have also respect for her opinions. Be honest.

Thank you 😊 I think it's a bit too late. We haven't spoken in ages and our friendship didn't end very well but I still think about her alot and I still love her but as I start a new chapter in my life I would like to understand my feelings so if some happens in the future I understand how I feel 

1 minute ago, Indigo707 said:

Thank you 😊 I think it's a bit too late. We haven't spoken in ages and our friendship didn't end very well but I still think about her alot and I still love her but as I start a new chapter in my life I would like to understand my feelings so if some happens in the future I understand how I feel 

No, it's never too late, my friend. Try contacting her and ask her to forgive your past comments.

But if she still refuses to accept your friendship, then no biggie. You tried. She said no. Respect her.

No hard feelings. Sometimes, letting go is the best thing to do.

scarletlatitude

It is totally possible to be asexual and have romantic attraction. They are two separate things. Many people have different orientations. 

• Like 1

What are you unsure about? Most asexuals have romantic orientations, if that's what you're asking. Sexual orientation strictly pertains to sex.

• Like 2

It is not uncommon for close friendships to develop into romantic attraction, and you may be experiencing romantic attraction in the absence of sexual attraction.

• Like 1