• Transgender
    • Non-binary
    • Genderqueer
    • Other(comment below)

This poll is closed to new votes

Grumpy Alien

Cisgender

AVEN #1 fan

Genderqueer = non-binary , cisgender, transgender . they're synonymous in some cases. Nb and gq are always synonymous though.

Also non-binary  = Transgender too

To Each Their Own

Well, I'm agender… but I am also in the process of medically transitioning so I consider myself transgender. 

AVEN #1 fan
Just now, paperflames said:

Well, I'm agender… but I am also in the process of medically transitioning so I consider myself transgender. 

You don't have to have medical procedures to identify as Transgender, tbh.

*transsexuals are the people who have legal or medical procedures done. But the term is kinda transphobic.

To Each Their Own
Just now, AVEN #1 fan said:

You don't have to have medical procedures to identify as Transgender, tbh.

True, but I also know that some NBs don't consider themselves to be trans. I was just trying to be clear. *shrug*

Anomaly Q3Xr

Cisgender.

5 hours ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Genderqueer = non-binary , cisgender, transgender . they're synonymous in some cases. Nb and gq are always synonymous though.

I was aware that non-binary = transgender I just added it to be more specific but I guess I should have left genderqueer out if I am understanding this right.

6 hours ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Not really. I'm against having trans as a label applied to me (picky language reasons) but I still won't use that term to describe me.

Transgender describes me best, but I'm also nonbinary.

3 hours ago, Mad Broom said:

Transgender describes me best, but I'm also nonbinary.

Same. I'm transgender non-binary, but I feel like trans best fits in general. 

• 11 months later...
E Wildflower

I see nonbinary as a subcategory of transgender, so I use both depending on which is more relevant in context. I also see genderqueer as a synonym for nonbinary, so although I like the word nonbinary better, I sometimes say I'm genderqueer if I think the people I'm talking to are more likely to understand that term.

J. van Deijck

other - #whothefuckcares :lol:

I’m a nonbinary trans guy (specifically demifluid) and I put other because while I consider myself transgender, the nonbinary part of my identity is important to me and I didn’t want to oversimplify my gender. I’m never just a guy.

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

Agender, which I'm guessing falls under non-binary? Or would it be other?

everywhere and nowhere

I'm not trans, non-binary or genderqueer, but I still can't say that I'm cisgender. I feel like it would express things I completely disagree with. I prefer calling myself a "gender-nonconforming woman".

I really sometimes feel like asexuality leaves me without a lot of ways to connect to femininity. This is also, partially, what I mean by "feminist gender": my experience of identifying as a woman is very highly intermediated by feminism. I care about femininity first of all as a political identity and many aspects traditionally taken into account are meaningless to me as an asexual and a single person.

• 4 weeks later...

@Carson:)

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived