Things Asexuals hate to hear

⚸ Hughesation ⚸
21 hours ago, Dekpi said:

"Asexuals didn't exist until recently."

"Correctional rape for asexuals isn't real." (Uncommon, but it happens.)

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure that it is, given half the rapey-sounding things I've heard both on this thread and in life; it seems to me that a majority of sexuals think that forcing sex on people who don't want it will make them want it.

And bless the person who "invented" asexuality! Or wait, was it discovered in an expedition to Antarctica?

Seriously!? <_<

• Like 4
On 8/4/2017 at 11:06 PM, Euna said:

"Maybe you're a late bloomer."  (Uh, nope.)

"Isn't he charming/handsome/attractive?"  (Romantically yes, sexually no.)

I just did a quick little google and a late bloomer is referring to that age when a child goes through puberty, for females it's 13 for males its 14. so it really has nothing to do with whether or not you like other people in a sexual way or not. just whether  a person went through puberty later than normal

• Like 2

"You're just trying to be special."

"Quit labelling yourself."

"Asexuality isn't real."

"You don't know what you're missing."

"I sexually identify as an attack helicopter."

"Asexuality is a hormone imbalance."

"Asexuals are slut shaming!"

"Special snowflake!"

"Oh you just need to get laid."

"You're just scared to be in a relationship."

"It's just a phase."

"So you're a plant?"

• Like 3
To Each Their Own

People who "identify as an attack helicopter"…is that just a fancy phrase for "stalking rapist"? Talk about wanting to be a special snowflake! Sheesh!!

• Like 2

"Being asexual is against God's natural order"

"You can't have a healthy relationship without sex"

"Well I identify as a (station wagon, snowflake, attack helicopter, etc)"

"They just keep making up letters to tack on the end" (in response to adding ia+ to lgtbq

"You must be *insert gay slur here*"

To clarify, I'm very much in the closet, but a sexuality is completely not acceptable in my background, so I'm going to stay there. My dad actually gave me a book (in person!) about the importance of having sex all the time before I got married. These are just things I've heard friends and family say about asexuality.

• Like 2
On 9/7/2017 at 10:20 AM, Dekpi said:

my family talking about aces: "asexuality?? What even is that. They're all a bunch of freaks they need help."

"What, are they attracted to plants"

"what's an asexual"

"Asexuality isn't real."

and from the LGBTA+ community itself:

"Nobody discriminates against aces."

"Asexuals didn't exist until recently."

"Correctional rape for asexuals isn't real." (Uncommon, but it happens.)

"Asexuality was never seen as a mental illness." (It was.)

"Asexuality never had any forced medical treatments." (It did.)

Definitely the "nobody discriminates against aces". Apparently just because there's no specific derogatory term for asexuals means that everybody understands us and treats us well. 🙄 

If if I had a dollar for every time someone assumed I was gay or called me some variety of slur , I'd be very rich. It's one of the reasons I'm staying firmly hidden in the closet.

• Like 4

I hate hearing "would you have sex (or another term for it) with <blank>?"

The_Reluctant_Dragon

I hate it when people ask asexual people if they masterbate. Like, I get it, you're just wondering, but, it's so invasive and personal and awkward.

• Like 5

"oh really?! i mean you dont have a sexual life? seriously?! poor kid, you must have a very miserable life, dont you?"

just heard it few days ago from my asshole friend after explaining to him for the 1000th times that i'm ace  !!<_<

Hermit Advocate
19 hours ago, Ciri said:

2 guys at work held a competition over who could get me into bed and cure my Asexuality.

I told them to suck on each other's dicks instead.

Brava.

• Like 1
nothinbuttrouble
On 8/24/2017 at 7:49 PM, Keakin said:

It's not shame, you just don't wanna take their crap and explain yourself for the thousandth time and anyways, you don't need to explain yourself to anyone.

THIS.

This is why I'm never coming out. Reading this thread has only reinforced this decision.

Also, I expect that if I ever did come out, all relationship problems in any relationship I've ever had will suddenly be blamed on me.

Even though no one can even tell I'm asexual.

This hasn't been said to me IRL but I hate when people online say its a hormone issue or something. As someone who is an asexual who ACTUALLY has hormone issues I can say that when I got on medicine to fix it that I didn't magically have sexual attraction. Like, I'm sure 99% of people that say that have no idea how hormones work. The ignorance is real. 

• Like 4
36 minutes ago, wussa said:

This hasn't been said to me IRL but I hate when people online say its a hormone issue or something. As someone who is an asexual who ACTUALLY has hormone issues I can say that when I got on medicine to fix it that I didn't magically have sexual attraction. Like, I'm sure 99% of people that say that have no idea how hormones work. The ignorance is real. 

I think that estimate is about 1% off. Want to guess which way?

• Like 2
On 9/2/2017 at 11:28 PM, chari-blom said:

i wish you broke that laptop in his face.

just the part where you said "He was so sure that his tone suggested he knew me more than I know myself" made me so angry that i wanted to break my own laptop.

Hahahahahhahahahahaha xD! You made my night❤  Believe me I still get extremely angry when I remember. That wasn't the first or last remark of its kind. You don't even KNOW. He IS "messed up".

On 9/3/2017 at 2:28 PM, margot-rain said:

(never said the actual word to anyone yet) 

I feel very disgusted and uncomfortable with the word. So I make up new ones for it and people look at me funny and most don't know what I'm talking about at first xD

On 9/3/2017 at 9:56 PM, BinaryFission said:

"That doesn't exist"

"So you mean you reproduce by yourself"

"Your just hiding inside your shell"

"You're just straight"

<_<

Ma eyes just went to the back of my head so far I saw my brain. 

On 9/8/2017 at 11:49 AM, CapaldianEra said:

"You're just trying to be special."

"Quit labelling yourself."

"Asexuality isn't real."

"You don't know what you're missing."

"I sexually identify as an attack helicopter."

"Asexuality is a hormone imbalance."

"Asexuals are slut shaming!"

"Special snowflake!"

"Oh you just need to get laid."

"You're just scared to be in a relationship."

"It's just a phase."

"So you're a plant?"

Yeah I'm missing a life time of trauma and mental illness by doing something I don't want. Thanks but no thanks, Heather. 

I need to get laid? Well, Johnny, that doesn't sound like harassment or rape at all.

• Like 3
On 9/8/2017 at 1:14 PM, Stheg said:

To clarify, I'm very much in the closet, but a sexuality is completely not acceptable in my background, so I'm going to stay there. My dad actually gave me a book (in person!) about the importance of having sex all the time before I got married. These are just things I've heard friends and family say about asexuality.

Be you and stand up for yourself always. Keep it a secret if you want, but never for their liking. Being you is extremely fulfilling and liberating. Never let go of that. Shred that book up and make recycled paper out of it❤ 

On 9/9/2017 at 2:45 PM, Mell,22 said:

"oh really?! i mean you dont have a sexual life? seriously?! poor kid, you must have a very miserable life, dont you?"

just heard it few days ago from my asshole friend after explaining to him for the 1000th times that i'm ace  !!<_<

Uuuhhh - _ -

On 9/9/2017 at 3:35 PM, Ciri said:

2 guys at work held a competition over who could get me into bed and cure my Asexuality.

I told them to suck on each other's dicks instead.

I urge you to please stop people when they make remarks like these. Rape comments and harassment are NOT okay by any means!

On 9/10/2017 at 0:32 PM, nothinbuttrouble said:

THIS.

This is why I'm never coming out. Reading this thread has only reinforced this decision.

Also, I expect that if I ever did come out, all relationship problems in any relationship I've ever had will suddenly be blamed on me.

Even though no one can even tell I'm asexual.

The important thing is that you know the truth. Screw people. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Keakin said:

I urge you to please stop people when they make remarks like these. Rape comments and harassment are NOT okay by any means!

Well yeah. I've just taken my childhood abuser through the court system. He only has to serve 18 months in prison. 

Flowertheflower

Many of the things i read here are pretty sad.

I am closeted so i dont get to hear anything like this.

By the way if anyone would ever ask me if i was a plant;

"Oh crap you figured it out!"

• Like 2

you'll find the one eventually 

or

oh, you're a late bloomer 

both are generally said in a really condescending voice 

Flowertheflower
37 minutes ago, dragon_nerd said:

you'll find the one eventually 

or

oh, you're a late bloomer 

both are generally said in a really condescending voice 

When I answer no if someone asks me if i have a boyfriend

But sometimes they ask me if i have a girlfriend after that, i say no again and they answer one of the two you already said.