Things Asexuals hate to hear

A guy once told me "You seem asexual but then again you also seemto be attracted to some people."

Sure, because the only way you can be attracted to a person is sexual.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ghani said:

A guy once told me "You seem asexual but then again you also seemto be attracted to some people."

Sure, because the only way you can be attracted to a person is sexual.

Well, the differences about sexual attraction, romantic attraction and aesthetic attraction aren't taught neither in school nor in  popular medias/culture... Maybe that's why a lot of poeple mix those.

• Like 4

"You're so lucky!" Oh, I wasn't aware that having a higher chance of being raped just because I'm asexual was lucky..

"Oh wow, you must be so lonely, I'm so sorry" Last I checked I had friends, It's not like i'm alone in this world...

"Oh, your asexual? *Asks a super personal question they wouldn't dare ask a straight person*" Yeah, like i'd answer that...

• Like 1

"You mean like a tree? HAHA LOL"

bitch many trees are sexual the fuck do you think flowers are for

• Like 9

The one I hate the most, being 13, is “You’re still young, you shouldn’t be thinking about sex anyway and you can’t know”  LIKE (WO)MAN PEOPLE IN MY CLASS WERE HAVING SEX YEARS AGO AND EVERYONE IS PRETTY MUCH ON THEIR 15TH BOY/GIRL FRIEND BY NOW, EXCEPT ME. BECAUSE I DONT GET ATTRACTED TO PEOPLE

• Like 5
Hermit Advocate

@Greenstar55 I hate it when people say asexuality is selfish. Like we're really capable of choosing our sexualities. 

• Like 3
On 25/09/2017 at 6:38 PM, Hey you in the corner said:

@Greenstar55 I hate it when people say asexuality is selfish. Like we're really capable of choosing our sexualities. 

Thats my mums favourite to say to me. ive just stopped listening to her 

Hermit Advocate
3 hours ago, Greenstar55 said:

Thats my mums favourite to say to me. ive just stopped listening to her 

Good plan. Your profile picture is adorable by the way. 

Wait, isn't calling asexuality selfish selfish? Think about it.

• Like 4
21 hours ago, Hey you in the corner said:

Good plan. Your profile picture is adorable by the way. 

Thank youuuu

• Like 2
Hermit Advocate
On 9/27/2017 at 1:21 PM, Zectarash said:

Wait, isn't calling asexuality selfish selfish? Think about it.

Yes it is. Unfortunately, we happen to share a planet with people who don't see the irony when they call asexuals "selfish for not having sex". 

• Like 2
On 9/21/2017 at 3:22 AM, chari-blom said:

Yesterday one of my friends came out to me as bisexual. I was really happy. This conversation was brought up because I had asked her if she was a part of the GSA group. She was and it made me really happy to find someone I could relate to. Well, I mean, she wasn't asexual, so not really relate, but we had this whole conversation/rant about ignorant people, rather similar to this thread, actually, and she introduced me to a few of her friends (who were bi, pan, and gay). It was really cool :). I think you're right - I'm thinking about getting one of my friends to join the club with me. When they announced the opening of the club, they said that you could identify as heterosexual and still be a part of the club, which I think is really inclusive and I like that. So I want to sign up and talk about the asexual/aromantic spectrum without outright saying I am asexual, as I am not yet ready to come out. Ahhh I'm really excited!

Ooh my goodness n.n!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!! ❤❤❤❤❤ Great news indeed. And  you're right, it's very inclusive. This gives me hope❤ n.n

5 hours ago, Keakin said:

Ooh my goodness n.n!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!! ❤❤❤❤❤ Great news indeed. And  you're right, it's very inclusive. This gives me hope❤ n.n

A A A A thank you so much !! I'm really happy as well! 

Gives me hope too lol 

I mentioned this one in another thread, but I hate it when people say things like "oh you just haven't met the right person yet."

I know it's meant well but it's still annoying. It's like they don't believe that I can be happily single and don't require a sexual relationship.

• Like 2
Hermit Advocate
11 hours ago, beckyl said:

"oh you just haven't met the right person yet."

This makes me want to shake people and scream at them that life is not a damn Disney movie and my prince charming can run off with someone else because I'd probably get annoyed with him and knock him off a cliff. 

• Like 7
20 minutes ago, Hey you in the corner said:

This makes me want to shake people and scream at them that life is not a damn Disney movie and my prince charming can run off with someone else because I'd probably get annoyed with him and knock him off a cliff

Next Disney movie needs exactly this to happen.

• Like 6
Hermit Advocate
1 minute ago, Zectarash said:

Next Disney movie needs exactly this to happen.

But they need to knock him off the cliff and not regret their actions or end up with him. Otherwise what's the point?

2 minutes ago, Hey you in the corner said:

But they need to knock him off the cliff and not regret their actions or end up with him. Otherwise what's the point?

Precisely.

• Like 2
Hermit Advocate

Someone get Disney on the line. I have an important pitch to make. 

• Like 2

I don't know if it was said here because I only skimmed some answers, but I don't like it when people respond to my coming out that they wish they were asexual too because they would have less to worry about if they didn't have to think about sex/ relationships all the time (or things to that effect). I know this isn't really meant to be offensive or rude like a lot of comments we get are, but it just rubs me the wrong way. I feel like it diminishes the problems asexuals face. Like, no your life probably wouldn't be easier, you'd just have a different set of worries. 

I also hate that when I tell people I don't ever want children that I'll eventually change my mind or that "accidents happen" (not for me, haha). This isn't a purely asexual thing though, as there are many sexual people who don't want kids, but I wanted to include it anyway. 

• Like 3
Strange But Not a Stranger

"Isn't it just a phase?"

Umm, well, no. Not when you're already 37 and practically nothing that concerns this subject has changed since you were in your teens.

"Are you sure? Isn't it just because you were bullied in high school or something?"

No. I already felt different before that and during that. Not after that.

"How can you enjoy masturbating/fantasizing?"

I don't know, but I can. Doesn't mean I want to have a sexual relationship or anything like that irl.

"You'll change your mind eventually."

Meh, proooobably not.

"Perhaps you're just insecure."

No, I'm not.

...and the list goes on, and on, and on. I am so tired of explaining myself. I have to add that most of this all happened before I really came out to anyone, and before I felt sure about (comfortable with) my orientation.

I just wish some people would just let it be. :mad:

• Like 2
InfiniteHeart

"You're too attractive to be asexual."

"But you've already had sex before, so you can't be asexual."

"If you masturbate, there's no way you're asexual."

"Your partners won't stick around if you don't have sex with them."

"No one wants to date an asexual."

"Then how do you even have a boyfriend? A sexless relationship is just a friendship."

"Asexuality is just a crutch you use for your low self esteem."

"You're not asexual, you're just not happy with how you look naked."

And the list goes on... <_<

• Like 3

"SAY WHATTT? Wow, I thought that you would be straight? Ugh EVERYONE is gay these days."

"Come on, you're still young. You don't understand."

"Ew, that's gross. You're a plant."

"What are you, bacteria???"

Hermit Advocate
15 hours ago, Kitty4U said:

"SAY WHATTT? Wow, I thought that you would be straight? Ugh EVERYONE is gay these days."

This right here makes me so mad. 

• Like 2
paperbackreader

Lol. This is kinda new for me so I haven't really told anyone really significant yet tho I've mentioned in passing my suspicion to a couple of acquaintances when we were discussing other stuff (I'm a pretty open person and if I feel you're genuine I don't find it hard to share but I do with family and close friends because there's so much more expectation) and also a few years back when I was in uni it came up in conversation so I told a close friend that I didn't know if I was gay or straight or whatever and I generally never felt that sort of thing before and that I'd be generally open to any / all option if it was the right person. He just shook my hand and saluted my honesty and openness. There are sexual people that are empathetic and understanding out there. I wish you guys will meet more of them.

So thanks everyone for the heads up. Sorry for lol-ing. I can imagine it can get quite annoying especially if you guys keep getting the same sort of stuff. But generally if anyone gave me any of these amazing crazy ridiculous perceptions of me I'd laugh them off and remember my good friend, and say a prayer of thanks that Ive had the fortune to meet him!

Flowertheflower
On 9/24/2017 at 10:59 PM, Megan B said:

EVERYONE IS PRETTY MUCH ON THEIR 15TH BOY/GIRL FRIEND BY NOW, EXCEPT ME. BECAUSE I DONT GET ATTRACTED TO PEOPLE

Oh god why do people even-

Forest Spirit
On Monday, October 02, 2017 at 8:50 PM, sarahcasm said:

I don't know if it was said here because I only skimmed some answers, but I don't like it when people respond to my coming out that they wish they were asexual too because they would have less to worry about if they didn't have to think about sex/ relationships all the time (or things to that effect). I know this isn't really meant to be offensive or rude like a lot of comments we get are, but it just rubs me the wrong way. I feel like it diminishes the problems asexuals face. Like, no your life probably wouldn't be easier, you'd just have a different set of worries.

^^ this! It's as if as an ace person you'd magically have no relationship problems... just nope, on the contrary I have quite a bunch of them

• Like 2