Things Asexuals hate to hear

bridgie1247

me: 'i'm not really that interested in sex at the moment'

friend: 'you're so innocent/weird/strange'

(im abrosexual so my sexuality fluctuates up and down and across the 'scale' so I have been completely devoid of sexual attraction before and I know what that feels like) technically i'm not asexual but I tended to be less interested in sex than the other horny teenagers at my school, but it really annoys me when allo-people think that sex is all there is to do in life and then they expect people like us to agree with them, like no. some people just aren't. leave us alone ffs. we don't choose, we just are.

• Like 1
NickyTannock

The ones that I hate hearing are; "You're faking", "I don't believe that you're really Asexual" or "I don't believe that Asexuality is real"

• Like 5
Hermit Advocate

Me: I'm asexual.

Random person: Do you masturbate? 

• Like 2
Tasha the demi squirrel
On 04/03/2018 at 12:17 AM, Hermit Advocate said:

Me: I'm asexual.

Random person: Do you masturbate? 

Uncomfortable questions like that are the best time to tell the person to mind their own business 

• Like 6
Sweet Potato

an article discussing asexuality claimed that ace was a label people used as a crutch to help them cope with their sexual disfunction and deny its reality

I got so mad reading that!

• Like 6
NickyTannock

@Sweet Potato

I think the worst part about that, is that whoever wrote that article didn't do their due diligence since that idea has already been tested and found not to be the case, so it's misinformation.
It also goes back to what I said I hated hearing, that I'm faking being Asexual or that Asexuality isn't real.

• Like 5
Sweet Potato

it's crazy isn't it? people arent (often) accused of faking being gay, lesbian, bi, pan, but ace, oh thats not even real!

• Like 3
Duke Memphis
12 hours ago, Sweet Potato said:

it's crazy isn't it? people arent (often) accused of faking being gay, lesbian, bi, pan, but ace, oh thats not even real!

Aren't people inherently ace until puberty anyway?

Somebodysomeone
8 hours ago, Zenzencat104 said:

Probably.

I always explain this way when I say im ace. I always feel I never entered puberty. 

• Like 3
On 2/18/2018 at 3:02 PM, tygersongbird said:

I have heard that before. "You can't be asexual if you get erections". I mean, why not? Erections ≠ consent. Are we going to say male rape victims secretly wanted it or were asking to be raped since they were hard all the while?

I mean, often I get erections when I'm way too nervous or anxious. I think the term is called "anxious arousal" or "fear boner", i believe. Sometimes your body and your mind do not agree with each other. And that's annoying for a guy to get an "unwanted erection".

Let me tell you.

Most of my erections have to do with being scared. Sexual things make me scared, because I have never done anything related to sex and don't want to do anything related to sex. I feel a terror where I want to black out just thinking about that.

And the weird thing about that- I still get an erection!

Probably due to tension.

So, if I don't want to, why would I want an erection to happen? The plumbing is more out of control than anything. It doesn't have to do with sex.

I'm so sorry :(

Hugs*!!!!

People just don't even try to understand the hell we go through because of our sexual bodies and asexual souls or minds (whatever you believe in). 

On 2/19/2018 at 1:05 AM, Duke Memphis said:

I have no problem with kids. I want kids of my own someday, but the problem is how to beget them... I'm thinking test tube babies.

A lot of kids are going through hell in the system and need a father and/or mother figure and love. Maybe adoption :)

• Like 1
Sweet Potato
36 minutes ago, Keakin said:

A lot of kids are going through hell in the system and need a father and/or mother figure and love. Maybe adoption :)

adoption is a great option, nothing wrong with ART ("test tube") either. If I ever have another child it would probably be via IUI or IVF, or even at home AI

Told one guy that I'm asexual and his responses here:

"Maybe I'll change your mind"

"Someday I'll find out that you have some kind of trauma and then everything will start to make sense"

That last one really annoys me.

• Like 3
Sweet Potato
On 3/8/2018 at 6:22 AM, Duke Memphis said:

Aren't people inherently ace until puberty anyway?

I would say no. we dont really have a sexual orientation until there is a possibility of experiencing sexual attraction, which begins at puberty. no sexual attraction because you are too young is not the same thing as no sexual attrraction because you are Asexual.

• Like 4
Duke Memphis

That's a very fair point.

• Like 1
On 8/4/2017 at 8:57 PM, Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet said:

"Asexuality doesn't exist"

Ugh.

"Asexuals are just ugly folks who can't get laid"

"You choose to be asexual"

"How can you know your asexual if you haven't had sex"

I hate when people say this ^^ it's like telling a straight dude "how do you know you're not gay unless you fucked a man" <_<

"How can you be asexual if you tried sex?"

"You're gonna be a lonely cat lady"

Hmmm....sounds kind of nice, actually.

"You're lying"

"Are you sick?!"

"Freak"

All these things I hate to hear.

omg when I told my ex that I was ace she said that she didn't want to hear about ugly people's sex lives. She has multiple friends who are ace/demi as well.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
1 hour ago, squaggly said:

omg when I told my ex that I was ace she said that she didn't want to hear about ugly people's sex lives. She has multiple friends who are ace/demi as well.

I agree with  Michael Tannock, I think your ex was just trying to insult you!<_<

• Like 1
Tasha the demi squirrel
17 hours ago, squaggly said:

she didn't want to hear about ugly people's sex lives. She has multiple friends who are ace/demi as well.

She's lucky her ace/demi friends didn't hear her say that

• Like 1
Duke Memphis
13 hours ago, Tasha27 said:

She's lucky her ace/demi friends didn't hear her say that

Oh, snap! *Sassy snap*

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
Skyscrapers and stargazers

Oh my work is chock full of childish idiots! I'm only going to do the 10 most annoying things but there are so many more!

1. "so you like aliens/plants/objects/whatever?" 

Yeah because I TOTALLY want to marry a plant! 🙄

2. "so you're like, transgender?" 

No, I'm not. I don't feel any attraction! How many times does it need to be said?

3. "asexuals don't exist!" 

I'm asexual and I exist so just cut the crap because I'm sick of it! 

4. "Green Day did this to you!" 

Really? How can a band turn me ace? And anyway, Billie Joe is bi so y'know. You have no say. 

5. "why are you ace?" 

There isn't a 'why', it's just me and I'm not changing. 

6. You'll change someday! 

Yeah, maybe I will but for now I am strictly demisexual so just let me live a little! 

7. Nah, you just haven't found the one yet! 

Well no, I haven't because I'm not looking!

8. This isn't a phrase but I hate being forced into "fuck, kiss, marry". It's beyond annoying. 

9. When people show me a magazine and ask me if I want to fuck the guy on the page if I got the chance. Other than my sort of crush, no. I don't want him. 

10. When people pry into my life to find out if I like someone. They still have no idea about the guy I have a very close emotional bond with who is now my interest. I probably wouldn't ever have sex with him, even kissing is a lot for me lol but still, I feel like he's made my life better and I love him. 

2 hours ago, Skyscrapers and stargazers said:

4. "Green Day did this to you!" 

Wait, what? how?

• Like 1

"it's just a phase and you will get over it", "You're just a gay and do not want to tell the truth" "nobody wants you" "you just lie to yourself that you are ase because nobody wants to date you" "see this girl? I am sure you would fuck her anytime" meh, have a nice day/night/time everybody! :3

foodandpizza1
On 8/4/2017 at 10:21 PM, dragon_nerd said:

"Oh I can't wait for you to grow up and get married and have kids of your own"

This was AFTER I told my Mum that I am ace. 

Ugh

My mom said the same freakin thing!!!!

Skyscrapers and stargazers

It really pisses me off when I hear "oh, she just wants attention!" 

Because I am not seeking attention, I'm just being proud of who I am. I've been assumed completely straight for years and it really is annoying when they say that as if I'm lying!