Welcome Older Asexuals

The Friendly Ace

Hello!

I replied on the "experiences of living in a church as an asexual" thread. Bass-ackwards, that's me! :)

Anyway, my stats, Let Me Show U Them:

Dated? Never have, never will.

Married? Nope.

Kids? Childfree, petfree. It's not as fun-free as it sounds, I promise! ;)

Always been ace? Yep, pretty much.

Looking for relationship? Nope.

Aaaand here's my Funny Story contribution:

Always been ace? Yep, pretty much.

(Not Ace, tho that would have been cool too, when I was the same age Sophie Aldred was, when she was pretending to explore the universe with Sylvester McCoy's Doctor.... /tangent)

Anyway, here's how Ace I am, my parents and I had The Talk in three stages. (You know. The Talk. The birds and the bees. "When a Mummy and a Daddy love each other very very much....") Here's how it all went down:

Me, Age 11: "Ew."

Me, Age 13 (Puberty AAAAAAAHHHH Make It Stop): "Nope, still ew."

Me, Age 19: "The only purpose for sex is procreation."

Yep, THAT was the show-stopper. Mum cried, Dad yelled, I stared at them flabbergasted, then said, "Wait, wait, wait, wait....I am NINETEEN YEARS OLD. Are you telling me you WANT me to go out and bang everything in sight?"

That changed their tune pretty quick.... :evil:

Still waiting to have Stage Four of The Talk with my mother/family/coworkers who constantly ask, "So you don't/why don't you/haven't you got a/significant other yet?" Bleh. :unsure:

*waves hello* How'd I do??

Me, Age 19: "The only purpose for sex is procreation."

Yep, THAT was the show-stopper. Mum cried, Dad yelled, I stared at them flabbergasted, then said, "Wait, wait, wait, wait....I am NINETEEN YEARS OLD. Are you telling me you WANT me to go out and bang everything in sight?"

That changed their tune pretty quick.... :evil:

Ha! Quite the appropriate counter to their counter. Made me chuckle.

Anyhows, I'm at that wonderful age of 25, too old to be young, too young to be old. But I suppose since I am older than the average AVENite, not to mention I've had the college and real-world experience, and am old enough to run for the House of Representatives, I think that should be enough to make me count as "older."

And another aside, seems you've moved roosts, Greybird. Good to see you still hanging around here.

Hey Dargon!!

Long time, no see, at least in this neck of the woods. Welcome back to AVEN.

Yeah, I finally came over to this forum since I think I fit in better here. What with being old and all, ya know ... LOL!

Sometimes I even feel like an old-timer, although other times I wonder if I will ever grow up.

And Friendly Ace!!

I love your posts and your writing style! A belated welcome to AVEN with lots of :cake::cake::cake:

I have been gone for a few days so I missed your arrival.

Goodness -- look at all of the virtual dust!

*tries to tidy up*

-GB

• 2 weeks later...
The Friendly Ace

Thanks much, I wandered off for a bit there, myself. But I'm baaaaaaaaa-aaaack! ^_^ Thanks for the compliment! :D

And Friendly Ace!!

I love your posts and your writing style! A belated welcome to AVEN with lots of :cake::cake::cake:

*tries to tidy up*

-GB

Hi there! How are your joints this morning??

Pea

THANKS

Being new, I didn't have much to do with soliciting this forum, but I do wish to thank the powers that be, for creating it.

Now I got a place to talk about my aching joints. :D :D :D

Thanks again.

Ziff

Hey! I'm new too and nobody's given me any cake yet?? :(

Pea

Hey Dargon!!

Long time, no see, at least in this neck of the woods. Welcome back to AVEN.

Yeah, I finally came over to this forum since I think I fit in better here. What with being old and all, ya know ... LOL!

Sometimes I even feel like an old-timer, although other times I wonder if I will ever grow up.

And Friendly Ace!!

*tries to tidy up*

-GB

Hey! I'm new too and nobody's given me any cake yet?? :(

Pea

Well, that oversight should be remedied as soon as possible!

Welcome to AVEN, Moonpea. There is plenty of :cake: for everybody. :)

(Sorry, it was 1:23am, my time, when you posted. We old birds gotta get our beauty sleep, ya know. :P)

But don't mind me - pull up a virtual chair and make yourself comfortable!

-GB

Welcome, moonpea!

Patience, grasshopper... you posted after my bedtime, and now I've just woken from my afternoon nap...

Have some fresh AVEN :cake:!

Bboling2204

:D ..well from what i have seen so far, i must be the great grand ma...lol...comming up on my speed limit b'day soon..55.. ok yes i have had relationships..have daughter and 3 beautiful grandaughters..could never figgure out why things never worked..well, now i know..cuz i hate sex..lol.. now i am a happy camper!It is wonderful to know that i am not alone any more...and yes ,i have musical knees too!

I don't think you are the oldest person on here--I have you beat by 3 years. I will be 59 in Nov. I have always been in the closet about my sexuality--actually I never knew what to call it. I have always been shy and never had many friends. My family was very small--no siblings and my parents are deceased. I never married and have no children. Now that I am getting older I wish I had a family and some supportive friends.

I agree about my body, too, is really wearing out. My hips hurt a lot and I have really bad IBS. I live in an assisted living residence with a lot of elderly people.

Sorry I haven't been around lately. I've been busy trying to fit in with the youngers, only to find I'm far too old and masculine to belong. Alas...

Hey! I'm new too and nobody's given me any cake yet??

Pea

CAKE! Vast quantities of CAKE!

:cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

Okay, that should be enough laid in for everyone for awhile.(It'll HAVE to be enough: I've discovered there's a limit to how many emoticons one can place in a single post. What you see above, my friends, is the maximum amount of cake-age you get in one post.) Now I'm gonna munch on a O.

So how's everyone today? Aside from feeling like someone's wrapped a wet towel around my brain rather snugly, I'z good.

Wow ... !!

Now THAT is a lotta cake!

You may need something to help wash it down, and, since we are all grownups here, (I hope)

I will borrow the full wet bar from Apositive. (They won't mind. :) )

Help yourself, and enjoy! I think there is something for just about everybody.

Wetbar.jpg

-GB

I'll have a rum and coke, ta. (Waitaminute, I think I really will have a rum and coke, BRB.)

Yeah bwahahah I am started to wrinkled too :P But my brains do not grow adult before my body dies to oldness :rolleyes: 32 I am already covered by lichen.......

They say "a rolling stone gathers no moss" - look at Keith Richards and Mick Jagger! :lol:

Animated Crime

I guess I don't count as older since I'm only just starting my career, but I like the company of those many years my senior, so hopefully you will all let me in your club :blush:

I guess I don't count as older since I'm only just starting my career, but I like the company of those many years my senior, so hopefully you will all let me in your club :blush:

You're in. :cake:

Guest FrozenCherry

Yeah bwahahah I am started to wrinkled too :P But my brains do not grow adult before my body dies to oldness :rolleyes: 32 I am already covered by lichen.......

They say "a rolling stone gathers no moss" - look at Keith Richards and Mick Jagger! :lol:

:lol:

I should roll over more then :rolleyes:

I'm guessing over 30 counts as older! I'm 36 and only just found out about asexuality and decided I'm an asexual. I tried to come to that conclusion 10 years ago but had never heard the term asexual so I thought I was some sort of celibate weirdo belonging to a bygone age.

Love cake

Love AVEN, its given me an outlet I sorely need!

Not married and no kids, was in a relationship for 13 years but it ended when my girlfriend got fed up with me not wanting sex, si I was upset about that.

I meet with friends as often as I can now, and involve myself with the community, I realise now that it all doesn't have to involve clubbing (though never did much of that).

I'm glad I'm older now and have found out I'm asexual, just wish I'd found out sooner- it would have made my twenties and early thirties less confusing! :)

Well, better late than never, eh? Welcome to the "older" section and have some :cake: (which is NOT older! :lol:).

• 2 weeks later...

Well, better late than never, eh? Welcome to the "older" section and have some :cake: (which is NOT older! :lol:).

Hey does this make us later bloomer or just blooming nuts :)

:cake: anyone

Hey does this make us later bloomer or just blooming nuts :)

:cake: anyone

You could be both. :) Thanks for the cake. Have some :cake: yourself.

Just wanted to take my place here. I'm 48, only recently discovered the existence of asexuality as an orientation. That's a real sign of how old I am - it never occurred to me to Google the concept! Though most of the time, in my head, I'm more like 30. At most. You're only young once, but you can be immature forever...

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever...

Much awesomeness! Welcome to the party! Feast! :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

If you are only as old as you feel and I say I feel like a million bucks - does that make me green and wrinkled?

When asked what I wanted to be when I grow up I usually answered a grown up. Now I not so sure :)

If you are only as old as you feel and I say I feel like a million bucks - does that make me green and wrinkled?

When asked what I wanted to be when I grow up I usually answered a grown up. Now I not so sure :)

No... Yoda you are not.

When, as an older teen, I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would say, "An eccentric adult."

I would then add that I was practicing in advance by trying to be an eccentric young person.

When I was a kid I wanted to be all sorts of things ... a pet shop owner, a vet, just about anything that involved animals.

-GB

No... Yoda you are not.

maybe JoDa? :lol: 8) :ph34r: