Amcan

Welcome Older Asexuals

Muledeer

Welcome, @CarolCMBR.  You are very lucky to have found a compatible significant other who is also ace.

Welcome to the Forum, @Member114264  You Moved from the Teen Corner to the older aces thread!  Happy 20th!  I really liked that photo of your former home in Colorado that you posted on the photo thread.  Do you miss living there?

• Like 2

ColeHW34
1 hour ago, Muledeer said:

@Member114264  You Moved from the Teen Corner to the older aces thread!  Happy 20th!  I really liked that photo of your former home in Colorado that you posted on the photo thread.  Do you miss living there?

I still do. It was so lovely there. Waking up to warmed floors and crackling of either bacon or wood on the fire was so nice.

Then daliy hikes up, down and around were nice too.

• Like 1

will123
On 10/25/2019 at 5:00 AM, CarolCMBR said:

I am introducing myself here, but I did a longer introduction in other topic. I am Carolina, born in Brasil but I am living in the Netherlands since 2002, so I could say I am 50/50. 

As a teenager I thought I was a nerd, or very late in having sexual interests. I never had any sexual interest, I did have aesthetics preferences but nothing that would attract me. When I was almost 17 I met an online boy, we became friends and this friendship became a relation. Suddenly my romantic and sexual attraction were born! Well, this boy is Dutch and that's why I am in the Netherlands, we got married and we have 2 boys from 9/11 years old. My husband is asexual as well (NO, we didn't know when we met and only years later we found out about beeing ace). 

Couple of years ago I noticed my sexual attraction is almost gone, and the romantic attraction is different. I wouldn't say it is gone but it is not as it used to be. I am not sure if it is just us getting older, or the relation changing. I love him more than anyone and I trust him completely. I know he feels the same way. Truth is I also have romantic feelings with another friend, said that, the feeling is actually more than friendship but less than a feeling for a relation. There is no sexual desire, for sure. 

I don't like labels but I can see myself perfect fitting with demisexual. And I am glad I found a place where I am not the "different" one. 

Does your husband know about your friend. Is the other person just a 'special' friend that you can share feelings with that you can't with your husband?

CarolCMBR

@will123 Yes, my husband knows about my friend. We are very open about everything. 

My friend might not know I like him more than a friend, or maybe he knows and enjoys it as he is at this moment single. 

• Like 2

Lady Hummingbird

Hello, I know I am asexual now.. I am 75 year young female, and I still enjoy being friends with the opposite sex..but a lot of younger men might think I am a couger.. far from it.. I prefer older men.  so there I have said what I came here to say..

• Like 2

Skycaptain

@Lady Hummingbird, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 

will123

@Lady Hummingbird Welcome to AVEN. I hope you find the forum enjoyable. I'm 58 and found out about aexuality when I was 44. Too long in my opinion to not know who I really was.

• Like 1

silent autumn

Hi, I'm also new here. I'm 36 and I've known about my asexuality for some time now. I've finally decided to join this place, as I don't know any other aces.

• Like 2

Skycaptain

@silent autumn, Welcome to AVEN :cake:

• Like 1