Welcome Older Asexuals

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all :)

Just joined today, finally - I will be 54 in May - and am very much a noobie in regards to Ace community - So many sections in this forum, where do i fit in.. haha. So this area is my first post - and will post my intro in the main section.. and update my profile ♥

ciao for now

✌️

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Spideyweb said:

Just joined today, finally - I will be 54 in May - and am very much a noobie in regards to Ace community - So many sections in this forum, where do i fit in.. haha. So this area is my first post - and will post my intro in the main section.. and update my profile ♥

ciao for now

✌️

Welcome to AVEN :cake: I was 44 when I identified as asexual (I'm 57 now).

• Like 1
On 3/25/2019 at 2:02 AM, will123 said:

Welcome to AVEN :cake: I was 44 when I identified as asexual (I'm 57 now).

Hello! Glad to  hear im not the only person that taken so long to work out who i am, really..  :)

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Spideyweb said:

Hello! Glad to  hear im not the only person that taken so long to work out who i am, really..  :)

I know! I wish I had heard about it sooner, mind you I don't think there was much knowledge of asexuality in the 90s.

It was such a relief to find out that there was a reason why I wasn't interested in sex.

• Like 2
Custard Cream
On 3/24/2019 at 4:10 AM, Spideyweb said:

ciao for now

✌️

Welcome! I was 50 when I realised....

• Like 3

@Spideyweb If you have any questions feel free to ask either on the forum or DM.

I wasn't questioning my identity at the time. I just came across a newspaper article that resonated immensely with me. It mentioned AVEN. I had no hesitation in identifying as asexual going forward.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Might as well say 'hey' to the fellow aces who have some miles on them. ;)   

... I assume a piece of cake is coming, but I'm not really a fan. Y'all do brownies as well? :)  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, robnrdbrd said:

Might as well say 'hey' to the fellow aces who have some miles on them. ;)   

... I assume a piece of cake is coming, but I'm not really a fan. Y'all do brownies as well? :)  

Brownies are good in my books.

• Like 2

Welcome, @robnrdbrd! I don't have an emoji for brownies, but I do bake them once in a while (not too often because I eat them all up too quickly). I don't put any herbs in them though.

• Like 2
Skycaptain

@robnrdbrdwelcome to AVEN 🍪 🍪 

• Like 1
lost-the-key

Hi! I just read the Invisible Identity.  I am a 37 year old cis female greysexual from CO.  I am looking for information and community.   

• Like 1
Skycaptain

@lost-the-key, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂

30's, 50's, chatterbox, JFF and arcade are the best community forums. The others are best for information 

• Like 1
On 5/22/2019 at 4:12 PM, Ziret said:

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to AVEN!

Custard Cream
19 hours ago, lost-the-key said:

Hi! I just read the Invisible Identity.  I am a 37 year old cis female greysexual from CO.  I am looking for information and community.   

Welcome! 🍰🍰🍰

lost-the-key
9 hours ago, CustardCream said:

Welcome! 🍰🍰🍰

Thank you for the welcome and the cake! 

lost-the-key
18 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

@lost-the-key, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂

30's, 50's, chatterbox, JFF and arcade are the best community forums. The others are best for information 

Thank you!  That is very helpful :) I appreciate it.  

• Like 1
Freudianslip

Hi!  I'm a 51 year old  very introverted and agendered person. Probably aromantic as well. I'm hoping to become less of a lurker and start interacting with other people. I'm not sure of how it will go,  but I'm so happy to see a grouper of older folks. Sometimes, I feel like an invisible demographic. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Freudianslip said:

Hi

Welcome and :cake: !

(nice avatar) :) 

• Like 1
Skycaptain

@Freudianslip, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 6/27/2006 at 5:59 PM, Cloudgazer57 said:

I too am not quite 50 yet but my body says I'm old!!!!!!!!!! I also wish we had the option of a chat room. There is something very different about being able to get IMMEDIATE feedback. (Patience really is not one of my strong points) Anyway, I am 49 with 3 kids (yes, I have been married twice but neither worked. Now, I am happily a nonsexual, where was this website 20 years ago???????!!!!!!!!! I will look forward to new posts, I have waited a long time to find people who not only don't think I am crazy, (well at least for my sexual views)but who also share my views!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!

• 1 month later...

I am in the gray and well I hope its ok for me to lurk on here. Pretty sure I am both Ace and demi or some version of the two combined. 

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

I am introducing myself here, but I did a longer introduction in other topic. I am Carolina, born in Brasil but I am living in the Netherlands since 2002, so I could say I am 50/50. 

As a teenager I thought I was a nerd, or very late in having sexual interests. I never had any sexual interest, I did have aesthetics preferences but nothing that would attract me. When I was almost 17 I met an online boy, we became friends and this friendship became a relation. Suddenly my romantic and sexual attraction were born! Well, this boy is Dutch and that's why I am in the Netherlands, we got married and we have 2 boys from 9/11 years old. My husband is asexual as well (NO, we didn't know when we met and only years later we found out about beeing ace). 

Couple of years ago I noticed my sexual attraction is almost gone, and the romantic attraction is different. I wouldn't say it is gone but it is not as it used to be. I am not sure if it is just us getting older, or the relation changing. I love him more than anyone and I trust him completely. I know he feels the same way. Truth is I also have romantic feelings with another friend, said that, the feeling is actually more than friendship but less than a feeling for a relation. There is no sexual desire, for sure. 

I don't like labels but I can see myself perfect fitting with demisexual. And I am glad I found a place where I am not the "different" one. 

• Like 3
On 10/1/2019 at 6:38 AM, Yuliyasa said:

I am in the gray and well I hope its ok for me to lurk on here. Pretty sure I am both Ace and demi or some version of the two combined. 

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: :)

If you want to lurk thats not a problem. There are long term members that post very sporadically.

• Like 3
AceMissBehaving

Hi @CarolCMBR ! I too fell to in love with a boy in another country and moved to be with them, it’s a heck of a leap to make. I just wanted to welcome you to the forums and offer you some of the traditional cake 🍰 

• Like 3