Welcome Older Asexuals

9 hours ago, DianeE said:

I'd guess I am an "older" asexual, but only in numbers. I'm 49 but definitely don't act 49! 

Welcome to the club and to AVEN! :cake: 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, DianeE said:

... A question I have:  I'd like to date/find a special person. How do asexuals find others like them?

Does that make sense? 

Hi, DianeE, welcome to Aven. :cake:  There is no dating site on Aven, but there is a meet up mart on the forums under COMMUNITY. Also joining in on threads or chat, and getting to know people, might be a way and will be interesting and fun.

It does make perfect sense, lots of asexuals are romantic and like to find a special person. I hope you will enjoy Aven. 

• Like 1
Purple Kooky Kitty

😧 

Hello...again! I can't access my old profile so here is a shiny new one!

I was Purple Kitty back then so not a huge name change...Updated info added!

😸🐾

Edited by Purple Kooky Kitty
  • Like 1

Thanks Thea2!

I'm not looking on this site for a date, just advice on how to go about finding other asexual people. I'm so sorry  if I came off that way. 

I'm looking forward to being a member of this community! 

• Like 3
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:22 PM, mOonday04 said:

Hello. I'm new here too.

I'm 30 and still bad at introductions. :)

i've never been in a relationship, and never been sexually attracted to someone. It's like anyone I meet goes straight to my friendslist. Though I do want to have an romantic relationship but meeting people always feels like they wanna do you at the end of the day. It scares me. I've got no preferences on gender but I've never been curious on having sex too.

i don't really know. But nice to meet you all. :)

Hi - nice to meet you. I am new too. I completely understand where you are coming from. I do want a romantic relationship but I have never looked at someone and felt any sort of attraction the way my friends do. I can think someone is good looking but my thoughts never go any further than that....if that makes any sense!

I haven't told anybody in my life that I think I'm Asexual. Sometimes I feel like I don't need to and other times I feel like I am not being honest with people because I am hiding something from the people closest to me. Has anyone any advice?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2018 at 4:18 PM, Wiv1982 said:

I haven't told anybody in my life that I think I'm Asexual. Sometimes I feel like I don't need to and other times I feel like I am not being honest with people because I am hiding something from the people closest to me. Has anyone any advice?

Do what you feel most comfortable doing.  If in doubt, don't worry about it.  I only tell my closest friends, and not all of them. The more religious they are, the less they'll know.

• Like 3
Friendship Angel:)

Am a newbie who needs some friendly hugs.  There was a horrific tragedy a couple of weeks ago in Melbourne in which my beloved friend died.  Just wanted to touch base with some people who might understand.  Especially, if there was anyone available in Melbourne for a friendly phone chat, maybe?  No idea if phone contact is allowed?  And not really focussed enough as yet to wad3 through heaps of rules and Regs.  Also the posts on here look quite old....

Just wondering ....

Friendship Angel:)

@Friendship Angel:), welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 and *Huggles *

This is one of the quietest threads on the forum. Over 30's and over 50's are the liveliest, and not restricted to people of those age groups. It's just to give an idea of the sorts of conversations taking place 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I’m so happy to have found this forum. I am 51 and just come to the conclusion that I am asexual, never too old to learn so they say. I’ve yet to explore all aspects and understand it but I’m possibly aromantic. 

• Like 5
On 6/11/2018 at 10:18 PM, Wiv1982 said:

Sometimes it is good to use funny sex talk moments with friends and say like: "Well i am kinda asexual hehe, sex is "meh" :)" Friends or family will take it more easy and without judgment.

Coily the Spring Sprite
On 6/11/2018 at 3:18 PM, Wiv1982 said:

I haven't told anyone either, but honestly it has never really come up. Now, if I discovered someone was interested in my romantically I would tell them. But for most people it wouldn't be necessary to mention it just like it wouldn't be necessary to tell them what type of underwear I'm wearing or not wearing.

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

Hi folks. I have been on this site for a few months now, but haven't really payed much attention to the "older" section. Probably because I rarely feel older. I'm officially 43 now and the kids are growing fast, so I guess I belong here as well. So hi everyone,  nice meeting you and best wishes for this often very emotional part of the year.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
Custard Cream
On 7/6/2018 at 8:26 PM, Dol said:

Hi everyone, I’m so happy to have found this forum. I am 51 and just come to the conclusion that I am asexual, never too old to learn so they say. I’ve yet to explore all aspects and understand it but I’m possibly aromantic. 

Hi Dol. I'm 50 and have also only just realised I'm asexual.  I'm enjoying finding more out about myself as I go.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
Custard Cream
5 minutes ago, chandrakirti said:

@CustardCream.....I wish to invoke the Trades Descriptions act here! That's a Jammy dodger on your avatar! 😛

Wondered how long it would take anyone to notice! You win the gold star for observation🌟  I feel chaotic, and I fully intend to randomly biscuit! And I fully intend to use biscuit as a verb...

• Like 2
Custard Cream
On 2/3/2019 at 6:22 PM, chandrakirti said:

Oh now it's a manga demon! Not even a biscuit! Where's it going to end! 

Chaos rules! I refuse to be vanilla!

• Like 1

Is 36 older? I feel like a lot of people on this site are teens and twenty something. I feel like I have a lot.of catching up to do having recently (in comparison to the rest of my life it's recent) figured I'm ace.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, batsy8 said:

Is 36 older? I feel like a lot of people on this site are teens and twenty something. I feel like I have a lot.of catching up to do having recently (in comparison to the rest of my life it's recent) figured I'm ace.

Yeah, on AVEN 30-something is "older". :lol: 

But some of us are older still (for example, I am 62 and only learned about asexuality when I was 52).

p.s. welcome and :cake: !

(I escaped the Inland Empire) :lol: 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, daveb said:

But some of us are older still (for example, I am 62 and only learned about asexuality when I was 52).

Dave this is the first post I've read of yours stating how old you were when found out about asexuality. I imagine you wished the knowledge about it was more widespread.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, daveb said:

Ah ha. Yeah I escaped and came back. Turns out the IE is a little sane compared to LA and the east coast.

I learned about asexuality like...2 years ago and decided this week this is what I am. I feel like an oldie now realizing that the internet has been handed over to a whole new set of youngsters.

Thanks for the welcome and cake!

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, will123 said:

Dave this is the first post I've read of yours stating how old you were when found out about asexuality. I imagine you wished the knowledge about it was more widespread.

Yeah, I joined AVEN 10 years ago, just about the same time I found out about asexuality. It would have been helpful to know about it earlier. On the other hand, it's because of experience I had before I knew about it that I could be more certain it fit me once I did learn about it. In any event, it's all good now. :) 

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
LavenderBliss

New here, 56 years old. I discovered I was autistic 11 years ago and just last summer learned I was a repulsed aro/ace. My husband and I have been married 26 years and he's highly sexual. Looking forward to good discussion and learning more (there's always more to learn!). Thankful for the internet and for this place! 😊

• Like 2

Welcome to AVEN!🎂

I hope you find the community here enjoyable. 

I had a hard enough time not knowing why I acted like I did concerning sex and relationships when I was single. I can't imagine being married. 😞

• Like 2
Custard Cream
4 hours ago, ljr said:

New here, 56 years old. I discovered I was autistic 11 years ago and just last summer learned I was a repulsed aro/ace. My husband and I have been married 26 years and he's highly sexual. Looking forward to good discussion and learning more (there's always more to learn!). Thankful for the internet and for this place! 😊

Welcome from another long-married ace!

• Like 2