Welcome Older Asexuals

3 hours ago, Nonstop Reader said:

On to the main part of your question. We're all here for different reasons, at different points in our lives. How we got here isn't important. The important thing is that we're all here to talk about asexuality and how it affects us. No one here is a better asexual because they've known longer, or experiences it in a certain way. All of things that you've been feeling for the last two years are asexuality spectrum type feelings, no matter the reason for them. And you will find like minded people here who you can talk to about those things. 

Oh for sure!

Some of us went thru life before finding out relatively easy, while others got married, had children and really had no interest in sex and suffered thru the collapse of their marriage before finding out about asexuality. I was kind of aware of sexual activity but wasn't intrigued enough (save for a short period in my 30s) to attempt it.

I identified as asexual when I was 44 and here I am at 62.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Totes forgot I pressed the buttons to make this fourm and did the welcome post.

/nostalgia trip

Anyway little did 23 year old me think I'd ever use it. It just seemed time to try and get back to the community a bit and being older this seems a sensible place to start.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Cocopuff

Hi to you all…

I’ve been searching a looong time for a forum.

Hopefully, this will be a good one🙏

I’m not sure….how you all have done in

your ‘love lives’….trying….to find someone…

That truly understands…. Asexuals…still

can and want love…..just not the sexual side.

I am ending up alone….because I’m not into

the sexual side of a relationship.  

It’s quite upsetting at times…

I don’t have children 

I’m older….heading to 60….

I’d really like to find a guy…that understands this….

Appears….to be a needle in a haystack…

Friends….just don’t get it…

So….I’ve stopped talking about it.

I’d love to know…..how you all have handled 

this….are handling it🙏

• Like 3
jay williams

@cocopuff,

NIce post. Guys are out there. All you need to do is make yourself known and available. A way to make it clear that you are compatible with, and desirous of, a relationship without copulation is to say so. You could declare that men who are gay or have ED are perfectly welcome to you. You should state whether married men are acceptable or not, as married men make up a huge percentage of men seeking. . .

Also, give details of interests, such as music, movies, dining, politics, gardening, exercise, etc. You probably need to mention whether you are physically fit or not, and whether a guy needs to be physically fit or not. Also, the level of formal education could be mentioned.

• Like 1

Just be careful about what you do on AVEN. As per the TOS and in accordance with legal reasons (because this site allows members under 18):

https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/19982-the-aven-terms-of-service-tos/2.1

AVEN is not a dating website and should not be used by members for that purpose. The focus of the site is visibility and education, and bringing people together for community and support.  While relationships may occur naturally, any advertisements and other threads, personal messages, posts, chat, status updates or signatures using AVEN to try to find a partner aren't allowed and will be removed.

That said, people have met partners on AVEN by interacting and posting and getting to know people, as can happen anywhere. :) 

• Like 1

I've made a couple of online friends via AVEN, but after I figured out I was asexual back in 2005, I never made any attempt to meet up with someone. It would be nice to, but I think there are obstacles that we as asexuals face that the allo world will never understand.

• Like 2