Welcome Older Asexuals

Welcome to the new older asexuals forum!

Thanks for your patience whilst waiting for this forum to be created.

Tanwen will be your moderator.

It's up to you older asexuals what gets posted here, whatever you wish.

I am going to say we're not going to limit who is older if you are 'older' and you have a topic that might suit this forum then please feel free to post it.

'Younger' members of the board bear in mind this is a forum for discussing issues that might face 'older' asexuals. Again we dion't have age mimits. Everyone is free to post here but bear in mind the nature of this forum.

I hope you enjoy using this new forum.

Any problems or confusion please let me know.

Amcan

Admin

• Like 10

THANKS

Being new, I didn't have much to do with soliciting this forum, but I do wish to thank the powers that be, for creating it.

Now I got a place to talk about my aching joints. :D :D :D

Thanks again.

Ziff

• Like 5

And I have a place to ache about my talking joints!

*creak*

-Greybird

QuixoticGal

Thanks for the "old folks" forum and a big hug to all the people who put the work into making it happen. Additionally, thanks to Tanwen for moderating the forum.

Glad to see the forum is up and running and that full use is being made of it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Creeek creek (joints eh! Greybird)

Best congratulations TANWEN! Go for it-

I am o so glad to see this forum up and speaking!

Because I have family stuff happening, I'll be posting intermittently.

No worries! All best to everyone! kia ora tatou katoa!

Just wanted to say a BIG THANKS for this site. I will log on and check it whenever my busy life gives me a chance....I hope to meet a lot of new friends here.....WOW, I have finally found my way home. Peachtree

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ooo. :D

I s'pose that I may finally introduce myself. I am kind of a youngun--not 50 just as yet. But, I am a virgin and am A.

And hopefully an interesting person.

Woo hoo. Howdy, y'all. :wink:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
FelineFanatic

Yea! I have not had a computer for over a month. i just got back and was happy to see this!

My joints ache, too! My knee is so swollen I cannot stand!

:cake: :cake: :cake:Cake for everybody!!!:cake: :cake: :cake:

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know, but I personally don't like chatrooms and from what I hear from admins on boards that have them, they are very difficult to monitor.

Welcome :cake: Welkom :cake: Willkommen :cake:

Hope you have fun at Aven.

• 2 weeks later...
Cloudgazer57

I too am not quite 50 yet but my body says I'm old!!!!!!!!!! I also wish we had the option of a chat room. There is something very different about being able to get IMMEDIATE feedback. (Patience really is not one of my strong points) Anyway, I am 49 with 3 kids (yes, I have been married twice but neither worked. Now, I am happily a nonsexual, where was this website 20 years ago???????!!!!!!!!! I will look forward to new posts, I have waited a long time to find people who not only don't think I am crazy, (well at least for my sexual views)but who also share my views!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!

• Like 6
UnicornLady

I'm glad this forum's been set up! I'm nearly 41 lifelong A (bi-emotional), and I've felt that a lot of A discussion lists (thinking of livejournal especially here) seem to be taken up with teenagers who are simply going through a rough page and in some cases clearly aren't A at all, just have 'issues' with body-image and such. Glad to find somewhere for the more mature A to hang out!

Asterion Orestes
I too am not quite 50

So am I--within a year, by standard Western reckoning. So maybe I should hang out here? 8)

• 4 weeks later...
I'm glad this forum's been set up! I'm nearly 41 lifelong A (bi-emotional), and I've felt that a lot of A discussion lists (thinking of livejournal especially here) seem to be taken up with teenagers who are simply going through a rough page and in some cases clearly aren't A at all, just have 'issues' with body-image and such. Glad to find somewhere for the more mature A to hang out!

Couldn't argue witth that. Too much teenage angst around generally. Nice to have a page for the mature..

roddy

• 1 month later...

:D Hi everyone, Cant believe that there are people like me out there like me. When you,ve been this way all your life and never expressed it to anyone Ever. Now I have the chance to open up I find it hard to think what to say. Anyway I would like to talk to people about there experiences of how they have dealt with being Asexual. I knew I was different but did,nt have a title until now. Sorry if this sounds serious, Im not normally, I have wicked sense of humour and feel very happy that im not alone anymore. Don,t get me wrong I,ve got a great Family, Friends and a Positive attitude to most things but deep insside I,ve always felt I did,nt quite belong. I,ve tried relationships but could never be true to them in my heart and did,nt want to decieve anyone. So I sacrificed pretend relationships to build a life of an honest life alone. :wink:

• Like 7

:D ..well from what i have seen so far, i must be the great grand ma...lol...comming up on my speed limit b'day soon..55.. ok yes i have had relationships..have daughter and 3 beautiful grandaughters..could never figgure out why things never worked..well, now i know..cuz i hate sex..lol.. now i am a happy camper!It is wonderful to know that i am not alone any more...and yes ,i have musical knees too!

artemisbrowndeer

I'll be 47 in December; thank you Amcan and all who put up this particular forum. I like everyone here, but yes, it'll be nice to come here and have some less angst-y conversations.

I can most certainly contribute some input about poppin' knee joints!! :lol:

Bunch of youngsters here from what I can see..:)

It wasn't knee-joints that were popping at my birthday party last weekend..celebrating 57 years overall and 7 years of freedom..lol

I have never had so much fun since I decided at 50 to be what I was and not what "society" wanted me to be.

roddy

I have never had so much fun since I decided at 50 to be what I was and not what "society" wanted me to be.

Oh how I agree with that - whoever said 'life begins at 40' was 10 years too early :)

• Like 1