Research Participation Request: Asexuality Thesis

Member4445

Hi everyone,

My name is Betty and I am Masters student at Charles University. I am Psychology student and take a great deal of interest in Sexual Psychology. 

I am writting my Diploma thesis on Asexuality. Main focus of my work, appart from doing an introduction of Asexuality in Czech academic psychological field (and hopefully others as well), is looking at different (sub)groups of asexuality (such as demisexuality). 

It is a short questionnaire, it should take approximately around 5 to 8 minutes to answer.  There are three types of questions: 1. Demografic questions (asks about your age and other demographic info),  2. (A)sexuality questions (asks about your sexuality) 3. Sexual life questions (asks about your sexual life, mostly about frequencies).

There are some very personal questions and explicit questions about sexual life.

Here is a link to the letter of information:

https://dochub.com/elizabethkrejcova/RM7wXq/letter-if-information-a-k-edited?dt=7e45lnpu8dnr2161

And here is a link to the questionnaire:

https://www.survio.com/survey/d/D4F5M0L8H8L3W5M5O

I will be very greateful for your answers.

If you have any questions or comments or would wish for the resulting statistics, do not hesitate to contact me here on AVEN, at the end of the survey (there is a special window) or on email krejcova.alzbeta @gmail.com

I hope you are all enjoying your summer 

Betty

This research request has been approved by the Research Approval Board for advertising on AVEN. Please note that some questions relate to sexual activity and masturbation habits. 

~ Ciri

Dedicated Research Contact

TheCatBehind

I clicked enter on my smartphone and didn't add my email :S I'll email you now...

I think my survey answers are pretty chaotic... I want to see how I ended up...

Good luck! :D 

Hi. Just to make it clearer. I'm just posting the advertisement on behalf of the researcher. I'm not the Researcher themselves. 

~ Ciri

Dedicated Research Contact. 

50 minutes ago, Maks9090 said:

I clicked enter on my smartphone and didn't add my email :S I'll PM you now...

I think my survey answers are pretty chaotic... I want to see how I ended up...

Good luck! :D 

You are not the only one. If the person can understand anything I answer with all the letter restrictions, they will be lucky. I want to help, but I never know how to describe myself... My A/Sexuality is pretty much the reflex of that. :D And because I'm kind of against labels, so while I want to know more about asexuality and do research on my own, I don't want to label myself. 

TheCatBehind
47 minutes ago, Ciri said:

Hi. Just to make it clearer. I'm just posting the advertisement on behalf of the researcher. I'm not the Researcher themselves. 

~ Ciri

Dedicated Research Contact. 

I kind of hoped Betty would look here :S

Plectrophenax
1 hour ago, Ciri said:

If you have any questions or comments or would wish for the resulting statistics, do not hesitate to contact me here on AVEN, at the end of the survey (there is a special window) or on email krejcova.alzbeta @gmail.com

How can we contact Betty "here on AVEN"? Through you? Through this thread?

Regardless, form what I gathered, the paper will be written in Czech, so I'd be curious to know if there is a plan for something like an English abstract or a summary of the results to be, say, posted here in this thread in due course.

Hi, sorry for not replying sooner! I was away two days but I am here now! Thank you everyone who has answered so far, and feel free to contact me via personal messages (or here, what evere you feel more comfortable with)

So this is me, Betty, the reaseacher :)

As for the results - there will definitely be an English abstract - no plans for an English article yet, but if there would be a demand for it somewhere, I would be happy to do it. I do plan to do though the results in English, so that it can be posted here or send to anyone who will want. I can do either only AVEN results or post the results from the Czech forum as well (the questions are identical). 

Sorry again for beeing off now - I went for two days on a festival and do not own a smartphone, so no internet, and did not know the survey was beeing posted.

I wish you all a nice Sunday for now and I am on and answering now! 

Betty :)

I'm interested in the results of the study, could I see the thesis when it's finished?

19 hours ago, deltaX said:

Done!  Hope my answers are helpful, and good luck with the research!!

Hi, thank you very much :) They surely will be!

16 hours ago, Acing It said:

What in whatever's name is 'necking;?

It is a slitghly tricky term- my thesis supervisor uses it in his studies, so that is why he wanted me to use it. As for the definition- *possible trigger warning* It is kissing, hugging, intimately touching the other person from the waist up. 

5 hours ago, N13 said:

I'm interested in the results of the study, could I see the thesis when it's finished?

I can definitely send you the results of the statistics - as for the results, my thesis will be in czech, so I guess that will not be too helpful..but there will be an abstract in english, I can send you that one. 

21 hours ago, Acing It said:

What in whatever's name is 'necking;?

4 hours ago, Kaelyn3 said:

It is a slitghly tricky term- my thesis supervisor uses it in his studies, so that is why he wanted me to use it. As for the definition- *possible trigger warning* It is kissing, hugging, intimately touching the other person from the waist up. 

37 minutes ago, Ciri said:

I believe we refer to it as 'making out' xD

Also people kissing each other on the neck, I'd always thought. That's where people like to leave hickeys (marks created by someone sucking on and/or nipping the skin).

Done with the survey. Interesting questions! Good luck with your thesis. :)

4 hours ago, Ciri said:

I believe we refer to it as 'making out' xD

Ciri nailed it :D Thnaks!

3 hours ago, fuzzipueo said:

Also people kissing each other on the neck, I'd always thought. That's where people like to leave hickeys (marks created by someone sucking on and/or nipping the skin).

Done with the survey. Interesting questions! Good luck with your thesis. :)

Thnak you very much :)

19 hours ago, Kaelyn3 said:

I can definitely send you the results of the statistics - as for the results, my thesis will be in czech, so I guess that will not be too helpful..but there will be an abstract in english, I can send you that one. 

Actually, I would also like the czech one. I'll find a way to read it. Better to have it and try to understand it than not having anything, isnt it? Send me all you have im really interested :)

1 hour ago, N13 said:

Actually, I would also like the czech one. I'll find a way to read it. Better to have it and try to understand it than not having anything, isnt it? Send me all you have im really interested :)

Allright, sure! Thnak you very much for your interest :) And you can then contact me, if you would have any questions about it.

Divide By Zero

Welcome Betty :cake: and good luck with the research

Done. Hope the research goes well. Found a couple of questions quite tricky because although I'd rather not have sex, if I do I strictly prefer women, but romantically I can be attracted to anyone of any gender (or not).

• 1 month later...

Hi, thank you everyone for your participation. I am ending the data collection today (at 20:00 pm Prague time) and will begin working with them. I will send the data and the abstract to the ones that requested it, when I will be done. I could even do some post here about my research, if people would like. 

So thank you again and cake for everyone!

Betty :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived