New Moderator Needed for Just for Fun and the Alternate Language Forum: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the Moderator for Just for Fun and the Alternate Language Forum, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

You can only run for one office at a time. There are two this time, this one and Welcome Lounge and Tea and Sympathy

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/ 

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 27 July to Thursday, 3 August 2017: Nominations.

Thursday, 3 August to Sunday, 6 August 2017: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 6 August to Sunday, 13 August 2017: Voting

I'm super pumped to see who runs. :cake:

scarletlatitude

Just so all nominees know, I am shuffling into JFF/arcade/chatterbox today, so whoever wins will be my comod. :) Let me know if you have any questions!!

7 minutes ago, scarletlatitude said:

Just so all nominees know, I am shuffling into JFF/arcade/chatterbox today, so whoever wins will be my comod. :) Let me know if you have any questions!!

Awesome! :D Are you leaving WW, or taking on both?

scarletlatitude
Just now, Ricki said:

Awesome! :D Are you leaving WW, or taking on both?

Keeping both. :) World Watch is pretty quiet 90% of the time. 

2 minutes ago, scarletlatitude said:

Keeping both. :) World Watch is pretty quiet 90% of the time. 

*Plots to ruffle some feathers in World Watch by posting a bunch of relevant material* :twisted: Oh, wait... :P

Btw, people thinking of running, scarletlatitude is a hard working genius, so there's that to look forward to. :D

Good luck peoples!

scarletlatitude

If anyone is nervous about the alternate language forum, I modded that when I was first elected. It's easier than you would think. Just use Google translate, it works well enough to tell what people are saying. I only speak English and I sort of speak French, and I had a good time modding alt lang. :) Don't let it make you nervous. 

5 hours ago, scarletlatitude said:

If anyone is nervous about the alternate language forum, I modded that when I was first elected. It's easier than you would think. Just use Google translate, it works well enough to tell what people are saying. I only speak English and I sort of speak French, and I had a good time modding alt lang. :) Don't let it make you nervous. 

Yup, this. I was the previous Alt Lang mod, and Google Translate becomes your best friend! :P It's usually a quiet forum as well (in regards to activity). 

Good luck to everyone running!! :cake: 

AshenPhoenix

If anyone is intimidated by Alt lang (because I know ti can be). Keep in mind the alt lang forum is also a place where a lot of people are learning languages too! So if you think you don't know enough languages, learn along with them! Besides that, alt lang is a pretty quiet and chill forum with awesome peeps. I'm currently covering it until this election goes through. And even though my French is probably awful, I still feel at home :cake: 

And then of course, there's JFF, where you're co-host will be the beautiful ScarletLatitude. Do I need to say more?

Anyway. Good luck to absolutely everyone running!

Also Google Chrome seems to be able to translate all the posts into english as I scroll through it (at least mine does) :o 

Oh goodness! So many good candidates! I said in the other thread that I wish everyone could be the mod, and it feels like I'm just repeating myself... but I genuinely with you could all be on my team! This is so exciting. *warms up with pompoms* It's important to stretch my internet muscles; I figure I'll be doing a lot of cheering ;)

If anyone is still sitting on the fence, feel free to ask about the job, either here or in PM. It's incredibly rewarding, and can also be a lot of work. I'm happy to answer any questions honestly, but with a blatant bias towards being on the team, because I think we're all awesome people to work with ^_^

I'm just bidding my time for the next 5 months.... Writing my detailed plan on how I'll run things MY way when elected.... Ke he he he... *Cheshire Smile*

Archived