Oxygen - Amber Rose Says She's "Half Asexual"

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

21 July 2017

http://www.oxygen.com/very-real/amber-rose-says-shes-half-asexual

She doesn't seem to follow the traditional definition of asexual, but hey at least we got mentioned. 

Spoiler

Amber Rose has always been open about her sexuality, whether she's being candid about her opinions on threesomes or revealing that she hasn't had sex all year.

Radio.com reports that in the latest episode of the Loveline With Amber Rose podcast, Muva Rose described herself as "half asexual" when it comes to her desire to do the deed.

"I always say that I'm half asexual," Amber said. "If I don't care about you, I can go years, a long time without sex. If I'm single and have been single for a long time, I'm not going to be like 'Yo, I really want to go f*ck.' I just won't feel the need to f*ck unless I have some type of feelings or chemistry with someone."

I'm not sure that's the actual definition of asexuality (it's not), but her meaning is clear enough, I guess. Rose has been candid in the past about not being into casual sex.

"I don't like to have a lot of sex unless I'm in a relationship," she said earlier this year. "I'm just that type of girl. So, going out on dates is cool but if it's not there, the super intense chemistry and passion, I don't know. If it's not there, it's not there. I don't really force it. That's just how it is."

Would demi-sexual fit her description of her sexuality?

i'm mostly disturbed that they referenced some other site than aven for the definition of asexuality. <_<:P 

AVEN #1 fan

Yeah, she's half assexual just like Andrew Garfield is half gay.

Omg I just hope Tumblr don't make that into a thing.

AVEN #1 fan
9 hours ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Yeah, she's half assexual just like Andrew Garfield is half gay.

Omg I just hope Tumblr don't make that into a thing.

Forget what I said... gray-sexual and bisexual are already a thing.

LittleGoody2Shoes

I think its demi sexual or gray ace.

Hermit Advocate

The term "half asexual" just makes me cringe. 

scarletlatitude
45 minutes ago, Hey you in the corner said:

The term "half asexual" just makes me cringe. 

I know it bothered me too. But... it DOES mention asexuality so as world watch mod I had to keep to my duty of posting all things. 

Hermit Advocate

@scarletlatitude It's a good example of how the term asexual is still being misunderstood, so I'm glad you posted it. I have no idea who Amber Rose is but hopefully she'll find this thread one day and learn some new terminology. 

Archived