Welcome our new Moderator

Kelly

Yato God of Tofu is our new AVEN Moderator.

NerotheReaper

Everyone did a good job, so glad people came out to vote and everyone gave it a good fight.

For those who did not win this time, there is always next time! 

Welcome Yato!

I didn't know there was an election.

Congratulations, I guess.

I think he'll do a good job as moderator even if I don't agree with him on pretty much anything.

The comments made by staff on Ace Times and AS-NS towards Kyon and AVEN do sour me a little on this result, though.

26 minutes ago, NerotheReaper said:

Everyone did a good job, so glad people came out to vote and everyone gave it a good fight.

For those who did not win this time, there is always next time! 

Welcome Yato!

I might even try out in the far far future when I'm known/active enough or something :P 

Congrats @Yato God of Tofu! :cake: 

18 minutes ago, Still said:

I think he'll do a good job as moderator even if I don't agree with him on pretty much anything.

The comments made by staff on Ace Times and AS-NS towards Kyon and AVEN do sour me a little on this result, though.

I honestly think he won't be able to do much of that once in staff because mods are held by higher standards thus should not badmouth them if they wanna keep the green. I can say that as someone who has been in the backroom :) 

I hope @Kyon. will run again  and to you who think about running: Go for it :D it's definetly worth a try :cake: 

Welcome Yato :cake::cake:

12 minutes ago, Jayce said:

I honestly think he won't be able to do much of that once in staff because mods are held by higher standards thus should not badmouth them if they wanna keep the green. I can say that as someone who has been in the backroom :) 

I'm not talking about anything Tofu did, I'm talking about the guy who runs those sites making a "WHO???" comment aimed at Kyon on Ace Times, then accusing AVEN of vote rigging on AS-NS while backhandedly insulting Kyon by implying nobody would've voted for "such an unknown" if it wasn't vote rigging (the rigging accusations are doubly ridiculous considering his preferred candidate was leading the poll at the time).

Not sure this is the right thread for this, though...

ItWasNiceKnowingYou
4 minutes ago, Still said:

Probably not since the focus should be congratulating the new mod & those who ran in the election (but your point is well understood & you aren't the only one who feels some type of way about some person's choice of words)

Grumpy Alien

dsc_0093.jpg

Diamond Ace of Hearts
12 minutes ago, Still said:

I'm not talking about anything Tofu did, I'm talking about the guy who runs those sites making a "WHO???" comment aimed at Kyon on Ace Times, then accusing AVEN of vote rigging on AS-NS while backhandedly insulting Kyon by implying nobody would've voted for "such an unknown" if it wasn't vote rigging (the rigging accusations are doubly ridiculous considering his preferred candidate was leading the poll at the time).

Again, probably not the right thread but as a staff member on Ace Times, I'd like to apologise. Part of my purpose in being on the AT team is to provide balance to some of the more controversial views on there. This is a task that was given to me by the AT leadership, so I think it's only fair for me to point out that they do try not to be quite as antagonistic as they can sometimes appear. I'm not here to be an apologist for as-ns or the Ace Times, though: I certainly have my concerns about as-ns in particular.

I simply wanted to apologise for myself (I cant speak for other members of the team or AT as an entity) not being around to perhaps keep things a little more considered. I'm travelling at the moment and struggling to keep up with AVEN, never mind the other sites.

Finally, I will say that the user in question was most likely joking. This doesn't make it much better, I know: I was bullied at school by people who thought they were just joking around and while I could have better understood their intent, they should have considered my feelings much better, so I do understand that comments made about you or your friends are not always easy to shrug off as a joke.

Anyway, congrats to Tofu God; let's hope you can achieve the standard you would like other mods to be held to.

Congrats to the winner and everyone who isn't throwing toys out the pram.

Congratulations, Yato God of Tofu!! Hope you have fun being in your new position and show everyone that you aren't that bad and deserved the trust members deposited in you! Although I dont really know you or why people are so against you, but your answers were really good, so I hope you can prove them all wrong and do a good job as a moderator.

I like all candidates that ran. I hope they run again.

Congrats Tofu, I know you'll be a good mod.

Archived