___

WednesdayBlooms

I saw the title of the topic and I thought, if I start replying, I'll never finish...I've had loads of squishes :P

I've had them since I was about 7? A strong desire to become friends with them, to know them and spend time with them. I consider them like quests, when I find one, I start mapping out a strategy to become friends. It's so much fun, because it rarely (if ever) hurts me and it's a long term project, because you can always be 'more friends'. So I have mini-victories nearly everytime I meet up with one.

The way I describe it sounds like it happens a lot; it doesn't. I have different levels of squishes, and strong level squishes are quite rare, I usually have one at a time. Lower level squishes happen often, I regularly meet people and think 'oh they sound so cool' and sometimes I get to know them more, and then they become real squishes, or not.

It's such a positive feeling in my experience. The only time it has hurt me was when the person was unwell themself. But if they turn out to be an asshole, the feelings I have evaporate nearly instantly, and my disappointments lasts at most a few days.

Also I made a post about squishes a couple of years ago and maybe reading through the replies could interest you, as every person describes their own experience.

swirl_of_blue

I probably had my first one on a classmate when I went to school and have had several since then. For me there is usually a bit of aesthetic attraction mixed with the platonic, but never the same need to touch as with romantic crushes. Before I knew anything about aromanticism I would mistake strong squishes for crushes and was confused because there wasn't the same interest in (nonsexual) intimacy as with crushes. But I now notice that those were squishes and not crushes.

NoLongerActive1234

Yeah for me it sort of goes hand in hand with people I look up to and admire for one reason or another and with close friends. :) 

Yeppers, I've had a few squishes over the years.

J. van Deijck

I have lots of squishes that it's probably unhealthy. :blink:

that._.irish._.guy

Yeah. I have had three. I think most aces have a few. I guess it is our way of saying that we like someone... 

Blueberry Pie

I had a strong squish last year. Unfortunately, the person mistook my attention for romantic attraction and asked me out. Then we kind of drifted apart and he sat with some person at my school's cafeteria who looked... a lot like me? Weird stuff.

I've had other squishes, but they are often unreciprocated and/or we end up drifting apart. As a result, I can get kind of lonely. :( 

I don't think I had my first real one until I was in college, and I think this past year I developed a pretty strong one on my roommate. I don't desire to kiss her or cuddle with her and Definitely nothing sexual, but....I really enjoy going on our little Saturday "date nights", just the two of us out to dinner and then shopping or to a movie. We love just hanging out and talking and being in the same room together. I tell her things I've  never told anyone else, and I know I can trust her to be there for me when I need it. If she wasn't hetero I think I would've already asked her to be my QPP....sigh. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived