Join my Duolingo club! (7XZRNF)

Yatogami

ItWasNiceKnowingYou
12 minutes ago, Yato God of Tofu said:

I totally get it, but that is why discipline is important. Duolingo is far more easy than memrise and you can do just 5 min a day. Like on your lunch break or sommat. 

Yeah i know. My affinity for learning a language is there... I guess I'm trying to find a language that really interests me (?)

It would be my 5th 

4 minutes ago, SimplyAce said:

Yeah i know. My affinity for learning a language is there... I guess I'm trying to find a language that really interests me (?)

It would be my 5th 

I picked Japanese due to my sheer exposure to it. I tend to inspire myself, by imagining impressing people with me speaking Japanese on skype with friends. 

ItWasNiceKnowingYou
8 minutes ago, Yato God of Tofu said:

I picked Japanese due to my sheer exposure to it. I tend to inspire myself, by imagining impressing people with me speaking Japanese on skype with friends. 

Hahaha And how many of your friends speak Japanese? O-o

19 minutes ago, SimplyAce said:

Hahaha And how many of your friends speak Japanese? O-o

None, that is why I was imagining making some that do. o-o; 

ItWasNiceKnowingYou
13 minutes ago, Yato God of Tofu said:

None, that is why I was imagining making some that do. o-o; 

It's okay! I would've been shocked if you did know someone!

I only have 1 friend that can understand french.... But no one i know uses or speaks 2 of the other languages i know.

Maybe i will give Japanese a try just for you ^_^

14 minutes ago, SimplyAce said:

It's okay! I would've been shocked if you did know someone!

I only have 1 friend that can understand french.... But no one i know uses or speaks 2 of the other languages i know.

Maybe i will give Japanese a try just for you ^_^

Ok cool! 

I actually know a lot of people that speak foreign languages. I knew one guy who spoke Japanese, but I lost contact with them about 2 years ago. So now most of my exposure is through bloggers, music, and anime. 

ItWasNiceKnowingYou
1 minute ago, Yato God of Tofu said:

Ok cool! 

I actually know a lot of people that speak foreign languages. I knew one guy who spoke Japanese, but I lost contact with them about 2 years ago. So now most of my exposure is through bloggers, music, and anime

Basically the best exposure there is!!! I actually watched the Black Butler in both english and Japanese. That was an interesting experience XD

6 minutes ago, SimplyAce said:

Basically the best exposure there is!!! I actually watched the Black Butler in both english and Japanese. That was an interesting experience XD

The most exposure I have other than Japanese is German, French, and Slovenian which I tried learning... I only remember how to say cold beer (hladno pivo) and random words like bicycle (kolo). Beer is a priority after all. XD

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

The most exposure I have other than Japanese is German, French, and Slovenian which I tried learning... I only remember how to say cold beer (hladno pivo) and random words like bicycle (kolo). Beer is a priority after all. XD

:P

Why don't you try French on DL too?

26 minutes ago, SimplyAce said:

:P

Why don't you try French on DL too?

Mostly because I despise silent letters xD

ItWasNiceKnowingYou
3 hours ago, Yato God of Tofu said:

Mostly because I despise silent letters xD

All the more reason to learn :P

I use both Duo and Memrise together, though I tend to flip back and forth between which one I prefer. They're both totally different creatures.

I think of Duo as a lot less forgiving of mistakes, but then I don't think Memrise pushes you enough. Using them both in conjunction has revealed some helpful insights.

I would join, but I don't know how to...there's no 'search' button in DuoLingo or anything :blink:

On the other hand, I'm more active learning Toki Pona on memrise right now, and neglecting my French and Spanish on DL

ItWasNiceKnowingYou
3 hours ago, Polyglot_91 said:

Glad to hear about fellow language learners! How do I join the club?

You go on DL & choose to learn Japanese. You click on the shield emblem on the bottom strip of the screen and choose "join a club". Then type in the code that's in the title of this thread :)

Yo @Yato God of Tofu since i am trying japanese, are you willing to give DL French a try? ;)

Just now, SimplyAce said:

You go on DL & choose to learn Japanese. You click on the shield emblem on the bottom strip of the screen and choose "join a club". Then type in the code that's in the title of this thread :)

Yo @Yato God of Tofu since i am trying japanese, are you willing to give DL French a try? ;)

Sure ill add it. Add me as a  friend too, I included my full name id in my original post. 

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

Sure ill add it. Add me as a  friend too, I included my full name id in my original post. 

Yay!!! :D

ItWasNiceKnowingYou
Just now, Yato God of Tofu said:

Gimmie your username (with the number next to it)

Nah it's a secret :ph34r: (as in i just left DL to go to bed because it's past 1 a.m :lol:)

Nah it's a secret :ph34r:

How can I friend you then O_O 

I'm already learning french. Je suis riche! 

ItWasNiceKnowingYou
12 minutes ago, Yato God of Tofu said:

How can I friend you then O_O 

I'm already learning french. Je suis riche! 

C'est bon pour toi!! Quelque jour dans l'avenir, nous pouvons avoir les conversations plus riche comme maintenant :)

Je n'ai pas besoin des amis. Je ne suis pas aimable :P

C'est bon pour toi!! Quelque jour dans le futur, nous pouvons avoir les conversations plus riche comme maintenant :)

Je n'ai pas besion des amis. Je ne suis pas aimable :P

I have no idea what that says, but whenever I read french I can sound like a perfect french person in my mind... but I can't say it at all xD. 

ItWasNiceKnowingYou
6 minutes ago, Yato God of Tofu said:

I have no idea what that says, but whenever I read french I can sound like a perfect french person in my mind... but I can't say it at all xD. 

HAHAHA C'est vrai!! Mais je suis heureuse que tu veux essayer à parler en français. J'essaie la même chose avec le japanois :)

Je suis très fatigue donc je suis desolée! Il y a beaucoup de fautes. Je le sais. Je peux corriger la dernière <<post>> plus tard si je ne l'oublie pas.

Duolingo! It's been forever since I've been on there but I used to be really into that. It was awesome watching the website grow exponentially in the very beginning.

This is so nostalgic guys!

Oh Japanese isn't available on desktop and neither are clubs... I feel like a noob all over again on android. How do I add you as a friend?

On 7/16/2017 at 11:37 PM, Yato God of Tofu said:

ITs for anyone really, anyone that can speak English xD Don't feel alienated by the name. I can change it if you want me to. Got any good ideas?

Language learning club might work.

How about something AVEN related?

Language rAcers. or something wittier than that (I suck at puns and stuff)

Avenites unite! 

Acing the language test!

Urgh. I don't know. I give up.

1 hour ago, Laurann said:

Duolingo! It's been forever since I've been on there but I used to be really into that. It was awesome watching the website grow exponentially in the very beginning.

This is so nostalgic guys!

Oh Japanese isn't available on desktop and neither are clubs... I feel like a noob all over again on android. How do I add you as a friend?

How about something AVEN related?

Language rAcers. or something wittier than that (I suck at puns and stuff)

Avenites unite! 

Acing the language test!

Urgh. I don't know. I give up.

Search my username yato and add me. (look for my avatar, a guy with red shades)

Language rAcers sounds cool!

22 minutes ago, Yato God of Tofu said:

Search my username yato and add me. (look for my avatar, a guy with red shades)

Well I found about a million yato's but none was a guy with red shades. Maybe you could try to find my username, I think it's less common. You should be able to see it in your club, right?

7 minutes ago, Laurann said:

Well I found about a million yato's but none was a guy with red shades. Maybe you could try to find my username, I think it's less common. You should be able to see it in your club, right?

Ill try, might have to swap emails.

I found you and added you. Changed my name to Yatogami-sensei xD

2 hours ago, Jayce said:

:o I wanna join the Japanese club!!  

Just have japanese open, and enter the club code on the club tab to join.

Archived