Stupid/Silly Mistakes

BStang

So the other day I did something stupid. I put a pecan pie slice from the freezer into the microwave and set it for 40... Minutes. After about 3 minutes I finally realized that it probably wasn't a good idea. When I took it out, a bunch of smoke puffed out of the microwave and that poor little pecan pie slice was burnt... True story. :lol:

Once I was very mad at my cousin and the phone rang and the person said "Hello?" sounded like my cousin.

Me: WHY THE HELL YOU CALLING HERE FOR?!!!!1111

It was my teacher. 

Redshirt Jim
On 7/14/2017 at 1:48 PM, Saesha said:

Once I was very mad at my cousin and the phone rang and the person said "Hello?" sounded like my cousin.

Me: WHY THE HELL YOU CALLING HERE FOR?!!!!1111

It was my teacher. 

So sorry. 

Similar situation, but the teacher was the one who mistake me for another student. 

I was already graduated...hahaha. 

After shutting down. I went ROFL. Hahaha

Update on my silliness: Was drifting in the pool then bump my head with the edge. :)

Anyone ever be cleaning while you're drinking a beverage, and you almost use your beverage as the cleaning solution, then almost drink the cleaning solution like your beverage? Yeah I've done that a few times. 

Silliest one I've made to date, was mistakenly ask a woman if she was pregnant. She wasn't. Hard to tell for whom this was most embarrassing. I now never assume, until a woman outright tells me she's expecting, even if she looks 9 months pregnant. It could be a beer belly, I still tell myself.

18 hours ago, Vernon Dunkin said:

So sorry. 

Similar situation, but the teacher was the one who mistake me for another student. 

I was already graduated...hahaha. 

After shutting down. I went ROFL. Hahaha

My teacher was terrified but thought it was my mother. He kept apologising. 

@Perspektiv You are a brave person. A lot of women get mad when u assume that. :lol:

-Walking around looking for something for long enough to forget what you were looking for: bonus points if it turns out to be in my pocket. 

-Drank hot tea the moment it was given to me, didn't wait for it to cool off a bit. Tongue was noticeably scarred. 

-Doing the wrong damned problems for my math problem sets and turning that in to prof. 

There's more stuff of this nature I've done, I'm sure. :/

Grumpy Alien
5 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Silliest one I've made to date, was mistakenly ask a woman if she was pregnant. She wasn't. Hard to tell for whom this was most embarrassing. I now never assume, until a woman outright tells me she's expecting, even if she looks 9 months pregnant. It could be a beer belly, I still tell myself.

I had someone touch my stomach - like gently put their hands on me as if waiting for a baby to kick - and ask with glowing eyes about my pregnancy. I was a single virgin and very sensitive about my recent gain from a medical condition at the time. I'm sure it was humiliating for her but it was horrific for me. Just all around unpleasant.

As for my stupid moments... I have one every ten minutes so it's difficult to remember specifics! :lol: 

-Looking for my glasses while wearing my glasses or having them on my head

-Looking for my phone... while I'm talking on my phone

-Texting someone that they forgot their phone...

-Losing my phone and deciding to call it... before realizing I can't do that without my phone

-Answering people that turned out to not be talking to me

-"Happy birthday!" "You too!"

-Knowing someone for years and on a "first name basis" but can't actually ever remember their name

-Forgetting my age/stating my age incorrectly and then awkwardly correcting myself, making it look like a hasty lie

6 hours ago, Graceful said:

I had someone touch my stomach - like gently put their hands on me as if waiting for a baby to kick - and ask with glowing eyes about my pregnancy. I was a single virgin and very sensitive about my recent gain from a medical condition at the time. I'm sure it was humiliating for her but it was horrific for me. Just all around unpleasant.

As for my stupid moments... I have one every ten minutes so it's difficult to remember specifics! :lol: 

-Looking for my glasses while wearing my glasses or having them on my head

-Looking for my phone... while I'm talking on my phone

-Texting someone that they forgot their phone...

-Losing my phone and deciding to call it... before realizing I can't do that without my phone

-Answering people that turned out to not be talking to me

-"Happy birthday!" "You too!"

-Knowing someone for years and on a "first name basis" but can't actually ever remember their name

-Forgetting my age/stating my age incorrectly and then awkwardly correcting myself, making it look like a hasty lie

Why do people even touch pregnant woman stomachs in the first place, especially without asking? That's so disrespectful!

Now a stupid moment of mine: I lost my car keys in the parking of my job this winter and got them back a couple of days later. Now I am scared of losing them again and it makes me paranoid to the point of often anxiously wondering if I have my keys... while I'm driving.

I had someone touch my stomach

At least I didn't do that.

Assuming is always the worst possible thing.

Sometimes, is where you don't put your words that matters.

😂😂😂 I'm loving this so much! This is awesome everyone!! 

was about to take a drink of chocolate milk when I noticed the bottle said "shake well before drinking!" so I shook it really hard. while the cap was off.

17 hours ago, Graceful said:

I laughed at this and then realized I did the exact same thing a while ago. I was venting to a friend about something I was angry about, and shouted indignantly, "I'm 24, I should be able to make my own decisions!!!" .... I'm not 24 and I don't know why that specific age came to mind. I don't think my friend has taken me seriously since.

5 hours ago, Lovrina said:

was about to take a drink of chocolate milk when I noticed the bottle said "shake well before drinking!" so I shook it really hard. while the cap was off.

One of my coworkers did that once, but with a bottle of acidified wastewater from an abattoir... Let's just say she went home to shower and her pants were ruined.

• 7 months later...

Here's a new one: I was in a place unfamiliar to me so I had to use my GPS to get back home. Keep in mind I had my brother with me and we've been to this place twice. First time, I went on the freeway, went the wrong way. Second time I went the right way but ended up taking the wrong transition to get to the other freeway... In his sarcastic tone, I automatically hear my brother say, "You know you went the wrong way again right?" I then responded with, "WELL GOOD THING WE HAVE GPS, OR WE'D BE SCREWED." We both began laughing because we both knew it was true. I'm so bad with directions... GPS is my life saver.   o.o 

I forget the faces of people I work with, or see all the time!

I once had a "customer" engage me in conversation as if we were old friends. Internally, I felt I didn't know who they were and just played along. Turns out, they were the cashier across the street from my buisness I had worked at that I saw every day getting my coffee. I was so embarassed!

1. Letting my glasses blend with the background, so I look for them forever

2. Not remembering people's names - this led me to many silly situations

3. Blending hair dye with attached conditioner instead of bleaching mixture

And many more.

One time I was looking through my bag for my phone and thought that I forgot it at home.

My phone was in my lap.

Just yesterday I pushed the power button on my desktop PC and waited for the screen to turn on. After a while it was still black and I started wondering about what I should do if the PC ends up being broken in some way since it was taking so long to turn on - then I realized that I hadn't turned the screen on.

-The worst ever moment, is when you confidently plunge your head down, thinking your mouth is about to connect with a straw (the dangers of drinking and texting--this sounds like a horrific drunk driving ad...). Of course, a delicious beverage, will then soon be sipped up. Only for reality to set in, and that very straw, drives its way up your nostril.

You're in public, so of course, have to act casual about it, pretending you're blowing your nose as you're actually trying to stop the bleeding.

-Putting popcorn in microwave at work. 3:40 was the time on the bag. However, this was an insanely heavy duty microwave. I went to my desk (big mistake), and answered a couple emails, calmly. A couple co-workers rushed to the lunch room, and I'm totally oblivious to what's going on. Another, rushed. 

I start smelling burning, and *still* not registering. Someone eventually pops out (no pun intended), and asks: "Anyone eating popcorn?!" as if it were still edible.., and I look up, and that entire hallway, is engulfed in smoke. Popcorn was completely burnt black. I had to do that long walk of shame (and identify that the bag was in fact mine), and was banned from eating popcorn at work (jokingly, of course), but there wasn't a hole big enough to dig myself out of that one. I to this day have never purchased microwave popcorn, since O_o

-Not sure what I was thinking, but half asleep, was trying to put out my scented candles in my living room (not sure why I decided to light it that sleepy). I'll usually blow them out, but for some idiotic reason, tried fanning them out with my hand. Knocked the candle down. Wax all over my coffee table, floor, couch. Fun times. Smelled fantastic, though!

• 2 weeks later...

A classmate insisted me to sit next to her instead of alone, I then moved all my stuff to there but left my phone on the table where I was planning to sit.

Archived