Trans Musings & Rantings

no-longer-in-use

Ugh... even the co-ed sports team divides people by gender. I'm seriously considering giving up on this sport and just taking a PE class at this point.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Coddiwomple said:

Ugh... even the co-ed sports team divides people by gender. I'm seriously considering giving up on this sport and just taking a PE class at this point.

Ouch.

Yet they call it "co-ed" as they split and sort people by gender.

• Like 2
no-longer-in-use
8 hours ago, Member114264 said:

Ouch.

Yep. Unfortunately, the sports world is generally not very conducive to trans (especially nonbinary) people. The whole thing frustrates me.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, Coddiwomple said:

Yep. Unfortunately, the sports world is generally not very conducive to trans (especially nonbinary) people. The whole thing frustrates me.

Same here.

Fortunately I wasn't required to go into the macho landscape that was the men's locker rooms in either junior high school or high school.

I regularly sat on the sidelines just watching and playing occasionally or when it was required.

• Like 1
no-longer-in-use
1 hour ago, Member114264 said:

Same here.

Fortunately I wasn't required to go into the macho landscape that was locker rooms in either junior high school or high school.

I regularly sat on the sidelines just watching and playing occasionally or when it was required.

Unfortunately, my school requires us to get PE credit by exercising somehow. It's not even that I don't want to exercise, it's just so hard to find something that is understanding of my gender situation and doesn't trigger my dysphoria.

23 minutes ago, Coddiwomple said:

Unfortunately, my school requires us to get PE credit by exercising somehow. It's not even that I don't want to exercise, it's just so hard to find something that is understanding of my gender situation and doesn't trigger my dysphoria.

That sucks.

I got away with just help cleaning up, doing at least 10 laps, and that's basically it.

Then the whole PE exam was a tad awkward.

• Like 1
Celyn: The Lutening
2 hours ago, Coddiwomple said:

We should make our own sport. No cis allowed, see how they like it.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Celyn said:

How about frisbee golf?

Or using a boomerang to pop as many balloons as you can.

Super legit.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Coddiwomple said:

I was in the school dance group back in the day.  It was mixed-gender, and it counted as PE/sports.  It's also why I have visibly unusual posture now.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Member114264 said:

That sucks.

I got away with just help cleaning up, doing at least 10 laps, and that's basically it.

Then the whole PE exam was a tad awkward.

There's a PE exam? 🤨

Man, it's been a long time since I had to take PE in school... And I ended up getting out of it with a doctor's note. 😛

It was okay. I exercised on my own. No awkward moments in the locker room for me! :D 

21 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

There's a PE exam? 

Yup.

At my school we had to run a couple laps, do sit ups, and pushups.

Thankffully the coach understood that I couldn't do much without blacking out or using up all my energy.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Member114264 said:

Yup.

Thankffully the coach understood that I couldn't do much without blacking out or using up all my energy.

I am so glad that I didn't have to do that... 😑

2 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

I am so glad that I didn't have to do that... 😑

No kidding.

Then my first time in the locker room was hell.

I just wore my everyday clothes and avoided that horrible place instead.

All that disgusting chatter, smells of body odor and axe spray, then here I was the only underweight nonbinary (i didn't know of it at the time) out of all of them.

I stuck to art, programming and health classes instead.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Member114264 said:

Yup.

Ah school PE, I remember doing told I couldn’t for my own safety, or put on the goal keeper on the weaker team due to being a large wider boy.  Never quite understood why I was refused to participate in others like circuits or swimming, unless I really looked rather unwell, I’d often not bother with kit or go home with clean kit.  But put me in a class for the PE theory I’d do well.

This even followed me into college where I had a practical motor vehicle mechanics course, the course dropped me out after a year, but advised on an academic area instead, that was before my IT degree.

Later found I wasn’t well with many things, though put me on a treadmill at the safety of home, I’d more often be able to do some form of exercise, for the most part, even after losing 9 stone, its not easy still not being able to build any amount of muscle.

• Like 1

@Destan I remember I was just graduating college and trying to submit my resume out for jobs.  My mom said that I had to put my "real name" on the resume because it would be fraud if I didn't.  I then consulted some trans friends who said that it was fine and so on my resume it's [First Initial]. "[Preferred Name]" [Last Name].

I don't know what to expect out of my mom anymore though.  Despite my practically 100% passing ability, she called me she twice to the waitress serving us at a restaurant.  She wouldn't even gender me correctly on my birthday.  Am I just the "daughter" that wears male gendered clothing?

On 9/17/2019 at 7:40 PM, Member114264 said:

Ouch.

I was texting with this person that was working at the front desk of the martial arts place after they left for grad school.  They said that the owner advertised that anyone can learn, regardless of gender, yet each patient's gender was recorded in the system.  So when they put students in the system, they actually didn't record gender and I snickered inside.  When they enrolled, they were already legally gender X.  They said that they think the owner recorded gender M due to binary options.  I said I think I saw that because I was the one who put their paper away in the files.  In this case, it's still assigning genders, sigh.  Plus, legally they should be able to be referred to as how they want, but everyone there had been calling them he.

On 9/17/2019 at 8:52 PM, Coddiwomple said:

Yeah, I plan on competing nationally in a few years once I'm high level enough, but it'll be as a male competitor.  It's better to me than being female and with HRT, I can't compete fairly as female.

On 9/17/2019 at 11:14 PM, Celyn said:

Just like my apartment chat group, No Cissies.  It's amusing seeing our chore list say Not Cissies Chore List.

On 9/18/2019 at 6:55 AM, Iridium said:

I was in the school dance group back in the day.  It was mixed-gender, and it counted as PE/sports.  It's also why I have visibly unusual posture now.

Reminds me of how I took a math class to satisfy upper division writing.  I took History of Math, and it was the only qualifying math class.  It was just a regular math class but we had to write an essay at the end.  It's fun telling this to people and watching them wonder why.

• Like 6
On 9/18/2019 at 3:09 PM, Member114264 said:

No kidding.

Then my first time in the locker room was hell.

I just wore my everyday clothes and avoided that horrible place instead.

All that disgusting chatter, smells of body odor and axe spray, then here I was the only underweight nonbinary (i didn't know of it at the time) out of all of them.

I stuck to art, programming and health classes instead.

I'm sorry to hear about that... 😟

I've mentioned on AVEN before about that hell and teasing that I went through in elementary school PE classes and the locker room there, and we weren't even required to shower there (thank goodness...)

There's no way in hell that I was going to go through that in high school! I'd seen more than enough movies on being a teenager in high school and what the locker room could be like, thanks. 😬

I like the classes that you chose instead, but I assume that the health class was separate from PE then? 🤔

2 hours ago, Phoenix the II said:

That's great... but wouldn't you get bullied for being " stinky" afterwards? 😕 

You would think, but we were still in elementary school, so I guess they didn't think that we were stinky enough..?

There was a shower in each of the locker rooms. Those big showers where you can fit an entire class. No private stalls in that place... 😖

My High school showers were the same way, no curtains, no stalls, and to make it worse...

They only had ice cold water.

Then summer camp showers were meh. I did have curtains but to get to my towels and clothes, I had to dart out and then grab all of them.

Then those hormone addled teens would make a mess out of everything and start stealing soap to use in pranks.

I made them stop using my stuff by clothes-lining another dude for using my sensitive skin soap.

• Like 2

I can't remember anyone at school be using the showers, an open room with ten to twelve showers and washing basin in the middle. However the clouds of deo spray in the changing room were worse then the sweat. Did I mention how terrible Axe spray smells when you are immersed by it for ten minutes?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Bloc said:

I can't remember anyone at school be using the showers, an open room with ten to twelve showers and washing basin in the middle. However the clouds of deo spray in the changing room were worse then the sweat. Did I mention how terrible Axe spray smells when you are immersed by it for ten minutes?

I remember secondary school, changing rooms where showers where only used if the football/rugby field where especially muddy during wet days.  Plenty of times that boys loved to compare how big or bushy they are, plenty of talk probably.  The fog of all kinds of deodorant where often painful to endure, add in any steam and it’s a total mess to the senses.  I would rather get in and out quick or allow myself to be last in and out of the lockers, I’d rather be late for the next class then deal with all that, there where no changing rooms but just benches.  I’d often not stick around either or keep the kit on if not too dirty or get changed in the one single toilet in the changing rooms, I’ve probably asked to get changed with the girls, though remember such changing rooms where long run down, dangerous and a mess, though that’s life in living in an impoverished area in poverty growing up.  Well before knowing realising my transgender and diagnosed autism.

12 hours ago, Member114264 said:

My High school showers were the same way, no curtains, no stalls, and to make it worse...

They only had ice cold water.

Then summer camp showers were meh. I did have curtains but to get to my towels and clothes, I had to dart out and then grab all of them.

Then those hormone addled teens would make a mess out of everything and start stealing soap to use in pranks.

I made them stop using my stuff by clothes-lining another dude for using my sensitive skin soap.

Oh, dear lord... 

The horrors of summer camp... 😱

5 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

Oh, dear lord... 

The horrors of summer camp... 😱

Yeah. Summer camp got hella crazy.

Let's see...

Saw a big buff dude tackle one of my cabinmates of a boat.

Got basically asked out by a french guy in my cabin.

A bucket load of magic the gathering fights.

Saw someone get sent 5 feet into the air off a balloon.

Dived 10 feet into water.

The list of craziness goes on and on.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Member114264 said:

Yeah. Summer camp got hella crazy.

Let's see...

Saw a big buff dude tackle one of my cabinmates of a boat.

Got basically asked out by a french guy in my cabin.

A bucket load of magic the gathering fights.

Saw someone get sent 5 feet into the air off a balloon.

Dived 10 feet into water.

The list of craziness goes on and on.

Your summer camp experiences sound more fun than mine were... 

Mine were pretty awful all around. All those kids, and me being shy and in the early days of social anxiety... 😑

There were a few good things, though. The horses at the nicer summer camp, taking archery, the paddle boats... 

At the cheaper, crappier summer camp there was no place for the campers to shower at (the camp counsellors did, though, but just once a week). We were mostly in our tweens, though, and like I mentioned, that was a crappy summer camp. I guess a bunch of kids going without bathing for a week isn't that big of a deal for some people... 

18 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

Your summer camp experiences sound more fun than mine were... 

Mine were pretty awful all around. All those kids, and me being shy and in the early days of social anxiety... 😑

There were a few good things, though. The horses at the nicer summer camp, taking archery, the paddle boats... 

At the cheaper, crappier summer camp there was no place for the campers to shower at (the camp counsellors did, though, but just once a week). We were mostly in our tweens, though, and like I mentioned, that was a crappy summer camp. I guess a bunch of kids going without bathing for a week isn't that big of a deal for some people... 

My summer camp cost a bloody arm and a leg. 

Like $2000 for 14 days but fortunately my stepmom was a nurse there and we got in for sort of free.

Good memories but I didn't like how hot it was.

That and storms could erupt at any minute and we were about 50 yards from a lightning striking our cabin.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Member114264 said:

My summer camp cost a bloody arm and a leg. 

Like $2000 for 14 days but fortunately my stepmom was a nurse there and we got in for sort of free.

Good memories but I didn't like how hot it was.

That and storms could erupt at any minute and we were about 50 yards from a lightning striking our cabin.

$2000 for two weeks of summer camp?! 😱

Wow... 

The summer camps I went to were not that expensive, though I only stayed for a week at each. Two weeks surrounded by tons of kids? Yikes... 😬

1 minute ago, Just Dani said:

$2000 for two weeks of summer camp?! 😱

Wow... 

The summer camps I went to were not that expensive, though I only stayed for a week at each. Two weeks surrounded by tons of kids? Yikes... 😬

Well to be fair...

They had a lot of stuff, all the events every single night used up massive chunks of power, they had to pay the nurses, cooks, etc a lot.

And then repair the damages those hormone addled teens cause.

• Like 2