Trans Musings & Rantings

Sarah-Sylvia

Electrolysis also hurts a lot. IPL is the easiest one to do because it hurts the least (but takes longer than real laser). I went in blazing with normal professional laser and took the pain but the laser lady didn't know just how much it can hurt when there's lots of hairs and I had to tell her to give me some seconds between the zaps, cuz holy moly that was something.

• Like 1

I'm honestly so torn over whether or not I'd want facial hair, if I could grow it. On the one hand, I love beards and sideburns, and I often fantasize about experimenting with facial hair styles on myself. But I'd also hesitate to grow anything hairy on my face if I didn't fully identify as male, for obvious gender reasons. So I guess it's probably just as well that I can't. (But, man... I would love my hairy face... I would twirl it and pet it and brush it... and then I'd probably get paranoid and shave it all off before anyone saw me.)

• Like 5

I wish I could just choose day by day how much facial hair I wanted.

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

I wish I could just choose day by day how much facial hair I wanted.

Well, not only facial hair. And not only how much, coz my (regular) hair mostly just ignores what i tell it.

But... i came here to post something more positive. I’ve got a new GP and though they told me they’ve never had a trans patient before me, they caught up pretty quickly (asked for my name, stopped misgendering after a few attempts, checked if i need help with transition). Although my anxiety is still very high, this made my day 😁

(reminds me i forgot to thank them 🤦)

I'm "meh" about the facial hair. I'd rather go beardless with long enough hair to make a man bun. That is why I'd opt for a super low dose of T should I ever consider to transition. 

• Like 3
KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

Me this morning, thinking: What if I only identify as female because everyone else saw me as female and I just went along with it because I didn't see any reason to think otherwise because that was all I knew. 

My mind at the moment:

pichu-pokemon.gif

92ed5582dc5e3358c620b6881851f5f0edf1d4ed

tumblr_pgae75xnAA1rv6iido1_540.gifv

su1vmggjhhh81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

d5c5eedf6c7f47f9efe382fbdde9044fe4b8f451

a24w6cdqqxg71.png?auto=webp&s=dcca85310a

• Like 7

@Nellie Mer

Spoiler

My physiotherapist suggested that wearing shapewear or a waist cincher shouldn't make a person more liable to get a hernia. It's important to keep your abdominal muscles strong though because wearing something tight and having weak muscles could cause problems.

TMI (male body stuff):

Spoiler

I asked my physiotherapist about the pain I keep getting in my lower abdomen and she thinks it's most likely something to do with the bowel or appendix. It's not a hernia and not related to tucking. She said I could have an ultrasound if I'm worried.

44 minutes ago, Guybrush Threepwood said:

@Nellie Mer

Reveal hidden contents

My physiotherapist suggested that wearing shapewear or a waist cincher shouldn't make a person more liable to get a hernia. It's important to keep your abdominal muscles strong though because wearing something tight and having weak muscles could cause problems.

TMI (male body stuff):

Reveal hidden contents

I asked my physiotherapist about the pain I keep getting in my lower abdomen and she thinks it's most likely something to do with the bowel or appendix. It's not a hernia and not related to tucking. She said I could have an ultrasound if I'm worried.

Thanks, I edited my original message with this as a reference.

• Like 2
DuranDuranfan
13 hours ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalFusion said:

Me this morning, thinking: What if I only identify as female because everyone else saw me as female and I just went along with it because I didn't see any reason to think otherwise because that was all I knew. 

My mind at the moment:

pichu-pokemon.gif

92ed5582dc5e3358c620b6881851f5f0edf1d4ed

tumblr_pgae75xnAA1rv6iido1_540.gifv

su1vmggjhhh81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

d5c5eedf6c7f47f9efe382fbdde9044fe4b8f451

a24w6cdqqxg71.png?auto=webp&s=dcca85310a

I like the cancel my gender subscription one! 🤣

• Like 9
Milque Toast

another late night of scrolling through baby name websites 😔

• Like 4
KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty
36 minutes ago, Milque Toast said:

another late night of scrolling through baby name websites 😔

I've got two baby name books, if you'd like some recommendations? [Read: my favourite names...] 

• Like 4
SilenceRadio
On 8/26/2022 at 5:27 AM, DuranDuranfan said:

I thought of that one once by myself, didn't know it was an unoriginal joke!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, SilenceRadio said:
On 8/25/2022 at 10:27 PM, DuranDuranfan said:

How many gender issues in a subscription?

• Like 4
Milque Toast

it's so funny when people ask your pronouns as a joke, but when you respond with something they weren't expecting, it turns into, "oh..." 

This only happened once, but honestly they were respectful and it's a lot easier to tell someone your pronouns when they ask rather than correcting them or coming out to them about it.

• Like 5
SilenceRadio
1 hour ago, daveb said:

I was thinking less of gender as in something you get as issues but more like something like Netflix.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SilenceRadio said:

I was thinking less of gender as in something you get as issues but more like something like Netflix.

Whatever the case, they don't have a very good cancellation policy. I got signed up when I was born and tried to unsubscribe but it never seems to go through. I suspect someone else keeps signing me up for it.

• Like 7
Sarah-Sylvia

I had the wrong subscription I guess.
Can I switch ?

• Like 5
SilenceRadio
2 hours ago, Arctangent said:

Whatever the case, they don't have a very good cancellation policy. I got signed up when I was born and tried to unsubscribe but it never seems to go through. I suspect someone else keeps signing me up for it.

Yeah, you're not the only one unfortunately. I'm trying so bad not to write a bad review, but the project was so promising. :(

2 hours ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

I had the wrong subscription I guess.
Can I switch?

I think you're better off trying to get an illegal one at that point.

Time to riot.

• Like 3
Sarah-Sylvia
18 minutes ago, SilenceRadio said:

Yeah, you're not the only one unfortunately. I'm trying so bad not to write a bad review, but the project was so promising. :(

I think you're better off trying to get an illegal one at that point.

Time to riot.

What's an illegal gender subscription? XD

• Like 2
SilenceRadio
9 minutes ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

What's an illegal gender subscription? XD

The first thing that comes to mind is "HRT". But it could be a lot of things, really.

• Like 3
Sarah-Sylvia
Just now, SilenceRadio said:

The first thing that comes to mind is "HRT". But it could be a lot of things, really.

I guess I'm already subbed to that first one xD

• Like 4
Sarah-Sylvia
9 minutes ago, Guybrush Threepwood said:

I’m curious what shape wear people here (MTF) like using to create a more feminine shape? 🤔

🤷‍♀️

I don't know much about that on my side. Some pants show more my curves and some shirts have a bit more curviness to them. I'm sure there's some tips somewhere online though, for clothes.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

🤷‍♀️

I don't know much about that on my side. Some pants show more my curves and some shirts have a bit more curviness to them. I'm sure there's some tips somewhere online though, for clothes.

I was thinking more about things like waist cinchers/trainers. Underwear type things.

Sarah-Sylvia
8 minutes ago, Guybrush Threepwood said:

I was thinking more about things like waist cinchers/trainers. Underwear type things.

Gotcha. I haven't heard anyone around that.

Obviously for the chest if someone wears certain types of bras (or even fills them) that can do something there, and I've heard around tucking but notthing besides that for underwear. I wear boyshort panties that are snug but not too tight, I like to feel comfy, but it does well enough for some of the pants i wear.

• Like 2
DuranDuranfan
10 hours ago, daveb said:

Hmm, well Facebook had like something along the lines of 56 options or something? 🤷🏻‍♂️ So, that much.

• Like 3
DuranDuranfan
13 hours ago, SilenceRadio said:

Eh, it happens.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Guybrush Threepwood said:

The only shaping items I would typically wear when going en femme is breastforms, but with a padded bra even that isn't always needed. As for the waist area, I usually don't do much. Most things that might make much difference, such as corsets or waist cinchers, seem too hot and I sweat easily. I might wear some sort of costume "corset" thing for a costume, but probably not the kind that you'd really cinch up tight, but more for "show". 

Otherwise, like @Sarah-Sylvia said, the cut of the clothes can help. I guess it depends on what sort of shape one is starting with and what sort of shape one wants to achieve, and what sorts of clothes one wants to wear.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Guybrush Threepwood said:

I’m curious what shape wear people here (MTF) like using to create a more feminine shape? 🤔

I don't know much about shapewear but you do have undies that make you have a bigger rearend. I know some women use those. You could also check This site  for some inspiration on shapewear if you would like to. They also have english as a language option.

It's a 100% reliable site because I always order my binders from them and they do respect your privacy when they send you their things. They also have some very useful tips on what is the best for you to start with. 

• Like 4
Sarah-Sylvia
40 minutes ago, Broken Doll said:

I don't know much about shapewear but you do have undies that make you have a bigger rearend. I know some women use those. You could also check This site  for some inspiration on shapewear if you would like to. They also have english as a language option.

It's a 100% reliable site because I always order my binders from them and they do respect your privacy when they send you their things. They also have some very useful tips on what is the best for you to start with. 

I like how they divided the sections, he/they and she/they. They could probably have a dedicated non-binary section but it's still useful.

• Like 3