Trans Musings & Rantings

nerdperson777
10 hours ago, Starbogen said:

I need some help/advice... So a few days ago I managed to twist my body in a way it apparently was not meant to be twisted and I ended up hurting my ribs or muscles on one side.

It doesn't hurt a lot, not enough for me to take pills for the pain, but it does hurt enough to be annoying. Not all the time, sometimes I can't feel it at all but sometimes when I move or breath deeply it hurts and I think it's been getting worse instead of better.

So my question is how do I know what I hurt or how bad it is? Has anyone had anything like this happen and could I still wear my binder or do I need to wear my sportsbro for a while?

I wore my binder a couple days ago and it honestly felt less bad than now that I'm wearing the sportsbro so idk.

I would say sportsbro (I guess you're trying to masculine gender it?) to be safe for now.  When I have pain, I'm usually asked whether it's a sharp or dull pain.  I'm nothing near a doctor so I'm not sure how much I can help.

Earlier today I was having more blood test adventures.  The nurse tending to me kept saying Miss [birthname] and calling me dear.  Are these people really unaware of the gender identity disorder reason on my paper?  Also she only looked at the CBC but missed the testosterone, so she had to stick needles in me twice.  On my second arm, she kept poking my veins and said that she was trying to find the right angle so that it wouldn't hurt me.  Nope.  That one gave me way more pain than the first one.  I walked out of the place with gauze in both my elbow pits.  It's not the first time I left like that.  That arm now gets to have pulsing pain just like the back of my head which I'm not sure where that came from either.

1 minute ago, nerdperson777 said:

I would say sportsbro (I guess you're trying to masculine gender it?) to be safe for now.  When I have pain, I'm usually asked whether it's a sharp or dull pain.  I'm nothing near a doctor so I'm not sure how much I can help.

Yeah I was just trying to not say the actual word.. I usually call it a "minibinder", I know it's dumb and I don't mind if others call it what it is but personally avoiding certain words just makes me feel better about things.

Hmm I guess it's more dull? But sometimes if I breath deeply or hiccup or something like that it can be kind of sharp. I think it's getting better now though. We'll see... But anyway thanks!

• Like 4

I think the way I experience my gender changed significantly over the last few months, because I burnt the closet down. It was always all about others stereotyping me. Now it's not. I'm also not ashamed or anything... I'm like... who cares. I'm happy I have a man name, you know. Anyway, is this how cis people feel? They just want to do stereotypical gendered things things? Wow. I reached this point. I'm glad.

• Like 5
nerdperson777

I had this really weird dream the other night where I was female presenting again, in an apocalypse that started out with monsters like the games I play.  I was depending on some guy to get us both out safely.  We had separated to flee early on.  I climbed on some aisles in a market trying to get away from enemies, which included the Hulk.  When I was waiting on the guy, I told someone that I was waiting for my boyfriend.  What the heck?  Where did that come from?  I don't even like guys, but they are useful in getting stuff done for me.  I'm not getting a boyfriend in a million years so that was really out of left field.  Unrelated, but someone later was trying to assassinate me but I happened to turn around before they did.  I stabbed them in the hip and then another knife in the heart.  These dreams make no sense at all.  Last week my coach's weapon "died" (energy wise) and I had to get it put to rest.  My group did a bunch of problem solving to get the door to a mausoleum open which somehow included finding the correct food, which was a key.  STRANGE DREAMS. 

• Like 1

Clothes shopping in public is quite tedious. For the majority of the time, I present as female now. Although I blend in, I feel incredibly weird when shopping for clothing, almost as if I'm being intrusive when I know I'm certainly not. Going to the girl's side feels like if I speak even once, I'll be in deep shit, even though I don't have a deep voice at all. As a matter of fact, before I even step in a store, I think of at least ten excuses to avoid talking besides one valid point about my current voice situation. Going to the guy's side feels entirely off limits simply because I don't "dress the part" and get weird looks when I am around there. Alike to the girl's side situation, I think of an excuse for being there, like "Oh! I'm looking for a birthday gift for ___." 

At this point, I think I'm better off online shopping or having a shopping companion to make it look and feel a lot less awkward, but at the same time I don't want to ring anyone up and waste their time over a quick day of shopping and being at the mall gives me a reason to leave the house besides having to go to work. Eh, oh well.

• Like 2

I have been shopping en femme (although it's been a while), and I am sure I don't "pass" (at least not with anyone I have direct interaction with), but I've never had any problems. Most people treat me as I present, especially people like salespeople and such. If anything, many of them seem happy to help. Maybe it makes for an interesting change in their day. I don't like when people say "it gets easier", as if the more you do something that makes you feel bad the easier it will get. But sometimes it can get easier. Going out in public and shopping in public are things that have gotten easier for me. When I first started doing it I was really nervous and awkward, chickened out numerous times, and even when I did manage to go into some stores sometimes the nerves would build up and I would need to go home. But I got better, to the point where I could walk around with confidence, use the women's restroom, etc. (Nerves can still hit, too, but much less often and less intensely)

That said - I also do a lot of online shopping, for the convenience and for things I can't always find in stores. The trick is to know your sizes (and the different companies), and/or be able to return things as needed.

Either way, it's all good. Do whatever works for you. Best wishes! :)

• Like 5

@daveb Reading about your experience helps a bunch. I haven't had this issue in a while, but when it does become a problem, it only happens in new places. Usually I wouldn't mind stepping foot in shops, but as the usual behavior goes in new territory, I get pretty cautious and as do other people if they notice. I suppose it's only a matter of continuing to visit in order to be familiar, so I'll try doing that for now. Regardless though, thank you for the advice. ^_^ 

• Like 2

It's so hard dealing with what I'm feeling. My family is like, saying they are supportive and yet... just leave me alone in this matter. Not seriously asking how I'm feeling. And when they do... they do it in a way. That is no way tactful. But rather than trying to understand me... They try to video's like. "Transgender regrets" because they are feeling like this themselves.

I feel so alone... I've been out to them since May... And I can only like really count two talks about this matter. And when I tell them, I've got my first intake appointment in 2 weeks at the clinic... To start my diagnostics. They are like, "Oh so you're going through with it... well ok.."

I know I haven't asked them to use correct pronouns, Heck I'm still fugly representing as my birth sex. I know it's weird to them, Hence I don't ask this. But everytime.. they refer me as 'he' or 'my son' they're are putting a stake through my heart.

Everytime I walk by girls. I'm like, wanting to just collapse down onto the ground crying. But I can't. My brain thinks in these emotions. But the access to my tear ducts just stay dry. I feel broken.

Why couldn't I have just been born right? This life has been utter crap to me. Not being able to connect to anyone at all, being lonely. Fuck, it's a wonder I'm still alive and I'm surviving this loneliness... But it's eating my soul. I no longer want to feel excluded. Not wanting to do typical guy stuff doesn't make me happy. But I'm not included into girl stuff either because of how I look...

I don't feel like using this thing between my leg either, like ever. It's in the way. It needs to go. I don't see why someone could be proud having this. And my chest, I don't even want to start there... I hope they grow a least a decent size when I finally get my correct puberty. I know understand why I was always so fascinated by female puberty and it's effects... I never got mine :(

HNnnnnggg

I hate this limbo...

I don't want to give up :(

nerdperson777
3 hours ago, Phoenix the II said:

It's so hard dealing with what I'm feeling. My family is like, saying they are supportive and yet... just leave me alone in this matter. Not seriously asking how I'm feeling. And when they do... they do it in a way. That is no way tactful. But rather than trying to understand me... They try to video's like. "Transgender regrets" because they are feeling like this themselves.

I feel so alone... I've been out to them since May... And I can only like really count two talks about this matter. And when I tell them, I've got my first intake appointment in 2 weeks at the clinic... To start my diagnostics. They are like, "Oh so you're going through with it... well ok.."

I know I haven't asked them to use correct pronouns, Heck I'm still fugly representing as my birth sex. I know it's weird to them, Hence I don't ask this. But everytime.. they refer me as 'he' or 'my son' they're are putting a stake through my heart.

Everytime I walk by girls. I'm like, wanting to just collapse down onto the ground crying. But I can't. My brain thinks in these emotions. But the access to my tear ducts just stay dry. I feel broken.

Why couldn't I have just been born right? This life has been utter crap to me. Not being able to connect to anyone at all, being lonely. Fuck, it's a wonder I'm still alive and I'm surviving this loneliness... But it's eating my soul. I no longer want to feel excluded. Not wanting to do typical guy stuff doesn't make me happy. But I'm not included into girl stuff either because of how I look...

I don't feel like using this thing between my leg either, like ever. It's in the way. It needs to go. I don't see why someone could be proud having this. And my chest, I don't even want to start there... I hope they grow a least a decent size when I finally get my correct puberty. I know understand why I was always so fascinated by female puberty and it's effects... I never got mine :(

HNnnnnggg

I hate this limbo...

I don't want to give up :(

Totally feel you on the family not-acceptance thing.  My parents don't really believe me in general either.  They trained me to be scared of anything new so whenever I have the guts to do anything out of the ordinary, they're kind of impressed.  I probably don't feel as bad when they misgender me, but it all still hurts to some extent.  And it's like they're doing it more now that they have noticed my changes.  I think at some point I'm going to tell them that I'm getting top surgery, because there's no way I can hide that, unless I go MIA for at least two weeks and not tell them why.  Then my mom would say, "I thought you said you weren't going to get it."  Feelings can change over time.

Mom knows that I want to be "neutral", although a bit more masculine.  I think I at least told her to use they, but I'm sure now that she's forgotten since I've never heard her use it.

My friend had the same ideas about wanting to be born cis, posting statuses about it and then she threw herself in front of a car.  (Yesterday would've been her birthday.)  I would think some relief comes from other trans people, even if they aren't the same AGAB.  Although I wouldn't personally feel what's so great about being that gender, I can at least think that the same feelings apply a little.

I heard another ace girl talk about body parts getting in the way.  I wonder if it's an ace trans girl thing.  She doesn't hate it as much, from what I hear.  Her exact words were "I don't hate it, it just gets in the way."

I'm hearing that injections would give bigger boobs, if you're not afraid of needles.  Good luck!

The other day I was looking at types of top surgeries.  I was reading a section on which sensations that each surgery affects.  DI severs all the nerves or something.  There's a surgery that preserves erotic sensations in the nipples, for sexual activities I guess.  This might be more of an ace moment, but I don't think my chest has ever felt stimulated in that way.  Plus with being ace, I wouldn't need it.  Either way it's a win/win for me.

999papercranes

Gotta love my transphobic twin brother's email signature (his school email nonetheless)

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping bombs on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

• Like 1

I can't help the feeling like I'm still not there. I'd like to "crossdress" or something, but I have no excuse. Ideas? Crossdressing is quite pointless. I wear men's clothes. I confuse people with regard to my gender. How much more can I dress as a guy? I dunno. I need an excuse to say that I am a man and to use the masculine name, but I have none. 

nerdperson777
14 minutes ago, Emery. said:

I can't help the feeling like I'm still not there. I'd like to "crossdress" or something, but I have no excuse. Ideas? Crossdressing is quite pointless. I wear men's clothes. I confuse people with regard to my gender. How much more can I dress as a guy? I dunno. I need an excuse to say that I am a man and to use the masculine name, but I have none. 

I think excuse would be the wrong word.  And you shouldn't need a reason to dress the way you want.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

I heard another ace girl talk about body parts getting in the way.  I wonder if it's an ace trans girl thing.  She doesn't hate it as much, from what I hear.  Her exact words were "I don't hate it, it just gets in the way."

Maybe, I just don't like to use it, and get very annoyed when it wants it's attention too :|. I thankfully have a belly left where it gets hidden from my view. It serves me no function at all... It doesn't add... besides discomfort. 

Hate... idk, Glad to see it gone one day. Yea. Although, it does scare me a little... That pain of surgery.

Meh TMI:

Spoiler

Regret? Hmmm. Not really... I never really give it the attention as other cis people do. Maybe I treat it more like a clit?

2 hours ago, 999papercranes said:

Gotta love my transphobic twin brother's email signature (his school email nonetheless)

Hide contents

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping bombs on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

That really sucks :mellow: I hope that if you feel safe you can encourage him to change it, or that he can come to realize that it is offensive and will change it himself. Depending on when he added that signature, he might not remember that it is there.

• Like 2
nerdperson777
2 hours ago, Phoenix the II said:

Hate... idk, Glad to see it gone one day. Yea. Although, it does scare me a little... That pain of surgery.

Meh TMI:

Hide contents

Regret? Hmmm. Not really... I never really give it the attention as other cis people do. Maybe I treat it more like a clit?

So far I only know one person in my circle who has had it.  She said her flight got delayed going home and she left her "stuff" in her luggage so it was kind of funny and sad that she couldn't access it when she needed it.  Plus our group was making dick jokes about the leader having the biggest one, which she no longer had.  I don't think she regret the surgery.

I pay no attention to my parts at all, haha.  Maybe it's easier the other way around.  Actually, most likely.  I didn't actually look at them until my 3 month on T time or sometime, I don't actually remember.  Since I didn't look at it since probably, idk early teens?  I don't have to look at it when I shower so I never did.  But I just thought, whoa.  That's how it's supposed to look on T.  I'm not using my parts, so I practically never have to look at them, and that is probably why I never had dysphoria about having parts, other than the blood, since that was the visible part.  I clean myself with my sense of touch instead, since that is my other sense that I use the most and is the most sensitive.

8 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I think excuse would be the wrong word.  And you shouldn't need a reason to dress the way you want.

I do dress the way I want. But I'd like to point it out that I am a guy. Or something like that. 

Classmates who think it's dumb make it more difficult :( I don't know, maybe I should go ask this another friend in the college who is fine with people being trans? It's really "cool" to hear that you are crazy, you know? 

Moreover, I don'5 know what I should be doing to feel alright. It also makes it difficult. 

• Like 1
nerdperson777
1 hour ago, Emery. said:

I do dress the way I want. But I'd like to point it out that I am a guy. Or something like that. 

Classmates who think it's dumb make it more difficult :( I don't know, maybe I should go ask this another friend in the college who is fine with people being trans? It's really "cool" to hear that you are crazy, you know? 

Moreover, I don'5 know what I should be doing to feel alright. It also makes it difficult. 

Yeah, gender is complicated.  Even now I'm like, I'm masculine, but also a tiny bit feminine.  But that doesn't make me female.  I'm like a feminine guy, but I don't identify as a binary male.  What am I doing?  I have no clue.

• Like 2

This happened at the gym about a week ago.

Guy at the gym: "Ma'am"

Me: "..."

Guy at the gym: "Ma'am"

Me getting my vocabulaire ready because he's starting to piss me off

Guy at the gym: "They are going to take pictures so if you'd like to move out of the way then please do so"

Me: while thinking how much i hate pictures: "Oh, ok"

While i'm waiting for them to do they're stuff: "Oh, i forgot to lecture that guy about pronouns"

Nvm.. guy has left already

But still, gender neutral pronouns obviously needs alot of work.

1 hour ago, nerdperson777 said:

Yeah, gender is complicated.  Even now I'm like, I'm masculine, but also a tiny bit feminine.  But that doesn't make me female.  I'm like a feminine guy, but I don't identify as a binary male.  What am I doing?  I have no clue.

It’s like... I don’t want to transition, at least all the way, hormones and stuff, I don’t think it would make me happy... but at the same time, I want to express it that I am a guy somehow. A tomboy. Something. It’s important for me that I am a masculine person. It upsets me when it’s being ignored, especially as I don’t really identify with being female. It’s stupid that people empasise your sex this much. Or they notuce it. But it holds no meaning whatsoever for me. But masculinity does. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Emery. said:

It’s like... I don’t want to transition, at least all the way, hormones and stuff, I don’t think it would make me happy... but at the same time, I want to express it that I am a guy somehow. A tomboy. Something. It’s important for me that I am a masculine person. It upsets me when it’s being ignored, especially as I don’t really identify with being female. It’s stupid that people empasise your sex this much. Or they notuce it. But it holds no meaning whatsoever for me. But masculinity does. 

I relate to all of this so much.

• Like 1

Okay, so after thinking about it a lot, digesting everything that was in my head, I came up with a solution to my problems. Firstly, I need to continue coming out. Secondly, I want to go more fancy with clothes, I think. Braver. Like... ripped stuff, a noticable belt, camouflage, a masculine watch, spikes... who cares, you know? I want the combat boots. Obvious masculinity, like, up to your face. There are guys in my college who dress like that. Why can't I?

• Like 3

Ok this is kinda off/ on topic but here I go. I am interested in bioengineering and I really want to do thingwith sex change like better drugs, creatingsexual organs ect.Yet I find it kinda hard because yet I want to help people but it’s the science that so fascinating is why I’m going into that field. Thoughts  on that please? 

Its cuz it feels wrong to go into thing like that without have a better reason. For example like being a caretaker because you like dead bodies not because you want to help families or  remember the dead.(  Bad example sorry yet the only one I have)

I don't think there's anything wrong with going into a field because you find it fascinating. Seems like a good reason to me. If it helps people, all the better. :)

• Like 4

So I found a video on youtube, he pulled the "i sexually identify as a helicopter", but not to offend anyone, and in the comments, one person said that she was afraid she'd be offended as a trans woman, and a bunch of the replies are like "lol go back 2 tumblr u freak" so I made a reply calling them out on it and explaining why some people are more sensetive to offensive things.and I don't know if I should delete it because I feel like I'd look like an ""SJW"" and that I'd be embarrassing myself... I predict I'll get replies calling me a "retard" or something. I don't wan to screenshot the comment because I don't want anyone to find out who I am or anything. Yes I'm seriously that irrationally worried at the moment. Plus I'm worried this youtuber (someone I really respect and like watching) would make fun of me later for replying to a 2 year old comment and acting ridiculous for taking it so seriously.

2 hours ago, Dan99 said:

So I found a video on youtube, he pulled the "i sexually identify as a helicopter"

The "attack helicopter"s (people who use this argument) have like... zero emotional intelligence. I guess it all comes down to how we define gender. Basically the attack helicopters don't think anything beyond material reality, like your junk, exists or matters. They don't take into account or understand that a person's relationship with this junk can matter. Sorry to be brutal, but those people are pretty thick, and short-sighted, lack imagination. They don't understand abstraction or more subtle matters.

Having said that, leave them alone Dan. Let them boil in their own toxic sauce. They will get fooled one day, if not by reality, then by someone. They will harm themselves one day with their lack of imagination, they will miss something crucial, if they already haven't. They're blind. You will get nowhere by trying to explain them what colours are. Not worth your effort to be a Don Kichote. 

• Like 4
14 hours ago, :)(: said:

Ok this is kinda off/ on topic but here I go. I am interested in bioengineering and I really want to do thingwith sex change like better drugs, creatingsexual organs ect.Yet I find it kinda hard because yet I want to help people but it’s the science that so fascinating is why I’m going into that field. Thoughts  on that please? 

Its cuz it feels wrong to go into thing like that without have a better reason. For example like being a caretaker because you like dead bodies not because you want to help families or  remember the dead.(  Bad example sorry yet the only one I have)

An interest is an interest, and by exploring that interest, you give yourself more potential to learn and develop a stronger sense of compassion for those you help. Your original/primary motivation doesn't have to be the only one. :) 

Heck, my top surgeon wasn't exactly the best in regards to bedside manner. Barely spoke. Barely interacted with me. He had his primary nurse to make up for that, to the point that I see them on equal footing in regards to who did my surgery. My nurse told me that the surgeon is kind of shy and socially awkward, and that he's most comfortable when he's actually performing surgery. I don't know if he has some larger mission to help trans people that he keeps personal, but from the sounds of it, he just enjoys this type of surgery, and I benefitted from that procedure regardless of his intentions.

That said, compassion can definitely make a big difference. If science is your primary motivator, that could set you up for accidentally objectifying people. So long as you have some awareness of trans-friendly sensibilities, then you likely won't need to worry about that.

• Like 3
PerhapsSomeHotCocoa

Wore a binder to work for the first time! Helped that it’s probably a size too big so it wasn’t too uncomfortable. I didn’t think it would make me as happy as it did. Definitely felt more confident.

I did feel the need to compensate by raising the pitch of my voice. The place I work is very female-dominated, and I felt I needed to have some part of me be distinctly feminine in order to make people comfortable, I guess???

• Like 4
nerdperson777
On 12/2/2017 at 2:24 AM, Emery. said:

I originally thought that way too.  I'm not saying you'll feel the same as me, but when I first had issues with my gender, I guess I was afraid.  Change is really minimal in my family.  (Whenever mom went to get me a haircut, dad would always say when we got back that it doesn't look cut.  Any messes in the house stays like that for months/years.  My mom's room still has baby decorations in it.)  I didn't think that any medical transition would make me happier.  I didn't have any dysphoria about my voice so I was afraid of my voice dropping.  I didn't, and still don't, care about body hair.  Periods should just go away, I don't want them.  There were so many things that I didn't want from T that I didn't think that it would do anything.  I don't want to be a man.  I'm just a little boy.  My reasons for going on T are very much on the practical side.  I want more muscle and no periods.  Simple.  But over time, I got used to the idea of not being a girl and I guess I got braver.  I just decided to just take a leap of faith and just do things.  If I just follow my parents' ways, I'll never do anything.  I'll never get to see the more exciting things in life just being stuck in a bubble.  So then I decided to start my journey for medical transition.  I went to an informed consent clinic, because going through the way my insurance wanted it would mean two doctor's appointments first and then take forever in between the appointments, and after.  (Two weeks ago I set up an appointment with my primary doctor to discuss my MRI results and I won't get to see her until a month from now.)  Plus this way would be more discrete.  My parents would be less likely to stop me.  It will cost more by going to out of network but at least I was able to start transition.  But so far I haven't regretted my decision.  Sure I don't like my higher voice range disappearing but it's a small price for the effects I do want.

23 hours ago, :)(: said:

Ok this is kinda off/ on topic but here I go. I am interested in bioengineering and I really want to do things with sex change like better drugs, creating sexual organs etc. Yet I find it kinda hard because yet I want to help people but it’s the science that so fascinating is why I’m going into that field. Thoughts  on that please? 

My first year roommate was in bioengineering and I joked that she should make me a prosthetic tail.  We had an awkward meeting each other again during our 4th year.  I'm wondering how she knew that I changed majors..

• Like 2
1 hour ago, nerdperson777 said:

when people mistake me for a boy or if was to be mistaken as a boy it would makes me happy in a way ? I defiantly would not like to become a boy but I feel like it will fit my personality better.

i kinda feel like it’s just the fact that I really wish I was looked at like my male friends. 

Like even now teaches are like I need some strong GUYS to help me do XYZ. And if a girl jumps up and does it people want to clap and stuff? Ins not seen as normal just to want to help out you are a hero for doing so.

Ah sorry I relayed it doesn’t really relate to what you are saying but this is what I thought about. .

Edited by :)(:
  • Like 2
On 11/27/2017 at 7:56 AM, Starbogen said:

I need some help/advice... So a few days ago I managed to twist my body in a way it apparently was not meant to be twisted and I ended up hurting my ribs or muscles on one side.

It doesn't hurt a lot, not enough for me to take pills for the pain, but it does hurt enough to be annoying. Not all the time, sometimes I can't feel it at all but sometimes when I move or breath deeply it hurts and I think it's been getting worse instead of better.

So my question is how do I know what I hurt or how bad it is? Has anyone had anything like this happen and could I still wear my binder or do I need to wear my sportsbro for a while?

I wore my binder a couple days ago and it honestly felt less bad than now that I'm wearing the sportsbro so idk.

U probably have figured this out but I’ve been told the idea of go with what hurts less

U ok now tho?