Which of us do NOT want to get married, or breed?

Nope.

None of the above for me.

Well, it is good to know that I am not the only one who feels this way.

I definately don't want to breed. As for marriage, I'll say what I always say. I'm not opposed to romance and if it finds me, great. But I'm not going to go looking and I could die happily alone.

I don't know what I want as far as relationships go, however, I do want kids. I'd like to have 2 though either pregnancy, or adoption.

Same as Dargon - definitely no kids, and I'm not looking for love, but I'm not so opposed to marriage if I happen to find the right person. I just don't see it as a strong possibility in my future.

I just know that marriage would be a bad idea for me. Then there is also the extra humiliation that you would have to face from divorce proceedings. I live in a community property state.

LostPenguin

Marriage... hm. Dunno. I'm indifferent on marriage. I definitely don't want to have kids.

If I had to live with one person, day in and day out, I would tire of the situation very quickly.

I do not know why this is, but there is something quite satisfying about being genetically dead.

I'm sure as hell not going to breed. Dead set against it. As for the marriage thing, I could care less. I want a serious, committed life partner. You don't need paperwork or a ceremony to have that. Frankly, I'd only have one of she really wanted one. But still no spawn.

I do probably want a relationship, but I don't really want to get married (unless there would be practical/economical benefits, then I would get married). I don't want to breed, possibly adopt if I got less depressed and had a partner (I wouldn't want the responsibility of a child on my own).

Like the others said, you're not alone, Neurovore. I don't want to get married, have sex, or make babies, either. None of those things even cross my mind in the course of a normal day.

It just seems as if getting married and having children is wasting your life, somehow.

Shadow girl

None of the above for me. I'll leave it to my half brother and step cousins to do the dirty work for me. My dad's side of the family may not like it but that's not my problem they'll get over it sooner or later. I'm the end of my moms side.

I'm more for the loner life anyway all I need are a few good friends,family,fans(I want to be an actor/comedian so I will need them),and some pets but it will be all me from there.

But I look at it this way at least my name will be known by all asexuals and be on the list of famous asexuals.

That's kind of how I see it too, Neurovore. Having children in particular does not appeal to me, because the end product is hardly worth the time, effort and resources put into a child's upbringing (yes I'm cynical :evil:).

I found this quote, from the novel Of Human Bondage (S. Maugham) to be somewhat interesting in this light:

"... had he not seen also that the simplest pattern, that in which a man was born, worked, married, had children and died, was likewise the most perfect? It might be that to surrender to happiness was to accept defeat, but it was a better defeat than many victories."

He called it "defeat". Hmmm.

Others have basically said this already, but:

I definately don't want to have children. I wouldn't want to curse offspring with my genes, and, even if I didn't think I would be both a biologically and personally awful father, I think there's already too many humans running around breathing and destroying and fucking and just generally making life miserable for each other and every other living thing. (An ideal number would be around, I don't know, zero.)

I think marriage is a rather pointless formal waste of time that doesn't really garuntee any kind of commitment. It has religious and legal connotations, but I'm not a supporter of God or government (if the former exists, both are tyrants in my mind).

I might want a relationship, but I don't see any such relationship resulting in children or narriage.

Nightengale

Not planning on getting married.

Or in having any other long or short term romantic/life partner.

Heck, I don't even want a roommate.

I also don't plan on having biological or adoptive children.

One thing I have considered, maybe someday, is doing short-term foster care for kids with medical needs. Maybe.

I want marriage. And children. Five of them to be excat. Adopted. If someone has made them and given birth to them but does not want to raise them, why should child suffer, right? :)

crazyjerseygirl

Wouldnt mind marriage, could be just as happy 'living in sin'

however a big fat NO on the children factor

crazyjerseygirls shouldnt breed

god only knows what would come out

and i aint takin care of it.

TTFN

Renee'

I definitely don't want to have kids or get married... Well, on the one hand it freaks me out, on the other - even if it didn't freak me out, I still wouldn't see a point in getting married.

I don't have a problem with a relationship, should it happen. But I guess it doesn't seem very likely as I'm what you might call a sociopath and I guess it's easier to make a snowman in hell than become my friend, let alone my boyfriend.

I guess I'm waiting to see what happens but at the moment I don't want to get married (no desire to find 'that special someone' either) and I think me breeding would have dire consequences - I just think I'd be an appalling mother.